Texas vs. Colorado State - 2:30 on ESPN

Pancho

1 minute ago, Hondo said:

Said it all last year and I'm gonna start off this year saying it again in Q1 of Game 1. Ewers has elite arm talent, but he's a slow processor.  His brain just doesn't have the System 1 horsepower to be an elite QB.  He's hit his ceiling...which is still pretty good...but this is as good as he gets.

Also has a few more glaring issues like being lazy on his throws, not having a killer instinct, his deep ball being suspect, etc.

The NFL is always desperate for QBs, but I don't see how people are thinking he's a top of the 1st round pick next year.

2 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Said it all last year and I'm gonna start off this year saying it again in Q1 of Game 1. Ewers has elite arm talent, but he's a slow processor.  His brain just doesn't have the System 1 horsepower to be an elite QB.  He's hit his ceiling...which is still pretty good...but this is as good as he gets.

I don’t even know that he has elite arm talent. He has elite arm strength, but his accuracy is erratic and he doesn’t know how to drive the football down the field. Everything is a flat-footed finesse wrist flick.

1 minute ago, immamac said:

This is my assessment. He’s just not the cerebral guy. 

He’s also a gunslinger that doesn’t really sling it well. His throws are way too inconsistent. Not sure if they just decided they were never coaching him out of it because he has been successful enough. 

1 minute ago, Vito Andolini said:

This must be the ESPN Z Team. Shit announcers, no coordination with the red hat on breaks. 

This.  I am here because I refuse to listen to a pair of Chihuahuas barking all game long

7 minutes ago, Sal said:

OL doesn’t look good so far. Concerned about Michigan, especially with Ewers having an IQ below the outside temp

6 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Bad Quinn seems to have returned to campus this year

6 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Fuck it. ARCHIE TIME 

5 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Nice way to kick off a Heisman campaign

4 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Michigan is gonna dominate us in the trenches I’m afraid. This looks like Mack’s 2007-2009 o-line

On thing is for sure.

Surly does not start the season slowly.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Quinn starts 8-11 for 127, then throws a deflected pick, and Surly wants to pull his schollie and send him packing to Nicholls State.

and he has to do it with a LG that shouldn't be starting for a 2A high school.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Quinn starts 8-11 for 127, then throws a deflected pick, and Surly wants to pull his schollie and send him packing to Nicholls State.

He was also well beyond the line of scrimmage. Just horrendous.

• Hook 'Em 1