Texas vs. Colorado State - 2:30 on ESPN

Pancho

If you take out the 12-yard run on the final play of the first half and the last series of the game where Steve Sarkisian’s son was playing linebacker, CSU had 28 rushes for 89 yards. 3.1 yards a carry.

They may have popped a few 7 or 8 yarders but it wasn’t doing much either. Longest rush of the day was 13 yards.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Reese Bennett said:

Was that horse collar a real horse collar? The broadcast didn't show it much (like the fumble that wasn't) but it looked like JJR grabbed the shoulder pad instead of the collar. Did anyone get a better look at it?

Looked legal to me

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Man, can you believe when it was the Strong and Herman eras to where we are at now? I think I was all in on Sark and so far, he’s been a great hire. Of course some hiccups but never the head scratching WTF moments with Strong and the burnt bacon BS with Herman. It’s been a long road but fuck, I’m even more excited for this season. 
Anyone else think that getting to the SEC conference championship is a good benchmark for this year?

None? 

losing to an AWFUL Kansas team at HOME wasn’t one? 

Thankfully, we appear to be way WAY past that now.

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Was that horse collar a real horse collar? The broadcast didn't show it much (like the fumble that wasn't) but it looked like JJR grabbed the shoulder pad instead of the collar. Did anyone get a better look at it?

No.  Had a good look from my seat and looked like he grabbed the front of the shoulder pads

56 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep he grabbed the outside of the shoulder pad. 

The way the rule written,  it doesn't have to be inside the collar. It is anywhere in the name plate area with backwards motion. Unfortunately it is a judgement call, fortunately we don't have big 12 refs.

• Like 2

Did anyone else miss the first three plays of the game because they were waiting for the fucking ESPN app to start the game? After a few minutes I went back to regular ESPN and by that point they changed it to "now showing on ESPN News".

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

Did anyone else miss the first three plays of the game because they were waiting for the fucking ESPN app to start the game? After a few minutes I went back to regular ESPN and by that point they changed it to "now showing on ESPN News".

Yes. And I was irrationally pissed about it.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, chainsaw said:

Is this available anywhere?

It's on the LHN app. It took about 20 minutes and a spinning wheel before the press conference came up. Kinda odd to not just have something else since they're doing a pregame but this is the new world. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

It's on the LHN app. It took about 20 minutes and a spinning wheel before the press conference came up. Kinda odd to not just have something else since they're doing a pregame but this is the new world. 

d8f2413f-f74b-4c7d-800d-a9ff919f91e8_tex

I just want a goddamned youtube link. Why does Bellmont make the simplest shit a chore?

After watching the Texas Chips condensed replay, the backup OL played pretty damn good. No idea if Colorado State had their backups in at that point or not. Sydir Mitchell was less than impressive. He's got a ways to go. Jerrick Gibson looked pretty good. Runs with effort and shows some patience at times before cutting it loose up the crease.

Wingo needs to wrap the ball up in traffic. He's not the only one though. Ball protection is one of my pet peeves. Bolden was a little too anxious to strut his stuff on a couple of those punt receptions/decisions. Hopefully Banks gets it across but he may realize it himself judging by his body language. The DL was a little soft up the middle at times with no LB's in place to clean up the mess. Stuff to work on but a good first performance overall.

I don't think too many QBs would have shown the kind of heads up improvisation Manning did with that quick dump off to Bolden for the TD. Gruntled.

• Hook 'Em 4

The no look made that play. Threw it right past the LB who was in position to knock it down at least if he hadn’t been looking at the WR Quinn was staring down.  Sick pass 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I wouldn't know how to check those, but I'm 90% certain we didn't have a single penalty in the second half. Nice to make use of our halftime.

JJR had a horse collar call on the last CSU drive.

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

Got it, was packing up the tailgate at that time. Thank you for correcting me.

your broader point stands - they played a clean game.

How refreshing was it to see a Texas opponent called for holding three times???

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beer Drinker said:

It’s all over Tiktok today. I don’t think the announcers even noticed it.

Felt the announcers were barely watching the game and focused on getting off their predetermined talking points. 

16 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I think they went to the run more because it was the only thing they tried that worked.

The defense is going to be kinda of the opposite of last year's. This turned out to be a good test, because Michigan will try to limit our possessions as well. However, the CSU QB and #14 would start at Michigan, so if we can get up 2 scores the game might be over because Michigan doesn't have the offensive firepower to overcome that unless their defense can force multiple TOs like they did against Fresno State.

23 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

WTF is Sark thinking here?   How ya gonna go into UM and still have a punter controversy and no punt coverage practice.   Dooooomed.  

image.png.bd5fae80f6b585392ebb815a385e5dc1.png

Tbh, this does actually worry me. Punter is a complete question mark… First play of their college career will be in front of 110,000 in Michigan? No thank you 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

On re-watch, I know it's garbage time but Gibson is a damn good runner between the tackles. He looked patient and powerful, had good cuts and really good vision. We have an embarrassment of riches at all the skilled position. 

what surprised me more about Gibson was how he hit the edge with speed on one of his early runs. I figured he would be good between the tackles, but I didn’t realize how fast he is.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wadlington mentioned on a video this afternoon that on his rewatch he counted 12 true dropbacks for CSU where the QB actually went through a progression or two and wasn’t just throwing to a predetermined receiver or spot.

Texas got pressure on 7 of those dropbacks and he said the time from snap to release couldn’t have been much more than 2 seconds on the majority of them.

He wasn’t concerned at all about the pass rush.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Dumb question, but was this game accessible from ESPN+?

Right now, I have a cable subscription and access to Plus.  When I was digging around to get the game started, I did not see it listed on Plus.

I thought most or all ESPN content was on Plus.

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Right now, I have a cable subscription and access to Plus.  When I was digging around to get the game started, I did not see it listed on Plus.

streameast.com

On 9/1/2024 at 3:43 PM, Bevo14 said:

OU is fucked

Damn straight. We all knew that from watching the Alamo Bowl last year against Arizona. Those SEC refs don't fuck around. OU had like 7 or 8 holding penalties all called in the second half. They're in for a rude awakening. It's nice to be in a conference where the officiating is better and everything isn't tilted in OU's favor anymore. 

Damn straight. We all knew that from watching the Alamo Bowl last year against Arizona. Those SEC refs don't fuck around. OU had like 7 or 8 holding penalties all called in the second half. They're in for a rude awakening. It's nice to be in a conference where the officiating is better and everything isn't tilted in OU's favor anymore. 

I’ll believe this when I really see it.

On 9/1/2024 at 7:13 PM, TwiceHorn said:

They’re always on YouTube. Just search Texas v Opponent on game day and you’ll usually find a few channels streaming the game 

• Hook 'Em 1