Notre Dame @ Texas A&M; Catholics vs Cultists

notre dame joe

6 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

LOL thought you meant on here, where I’ve seen it a posted a dozen times. They SHOULD be posting it that much there, but Looch has that itchy trigger finger.

So this is now the 2nd time in recent memory we somehow managed to do worse than absolutely nothing.

Reminder, had we just taken a knee every down and milked the clock against UCLA up 44-10, we would've won.

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

i mean what did the SEC do to them yesterday?? 

Deep deep down in the aggie subconscious, a place that the cult has suppressed nearly the point of disappearance is a morsel, a tiny one, a spec of reality.

Since aggie left for the SEC SEC SEC they've been crowing about how great it is. How tough the schedule and brutal.

That spec of deeply suppressed reality is reacting to the cult mantra of the SEC schedule and comparing it to the on field performance. 

"They can dominate the Big XII" creeps up. No sir, it's not what the SEC SEC SEC did to them yesterday. Rather it's their own cult repetition of how tough the SEC schedule is, that tiny morsel of reality and a subconscious realization of what the SEC... and... gasp...

Some other team in Texas who shall not be named is GOING to do to them.

Trailing by 10 points in the waning seconds, Texas A&M quarterback Conner Weigman threw an incomplete pass on second down, causing Elko to lose his mind on the sideline. ESPN's camera caught Elko shouting, "tell him to run the ball, run the (expletive) ball" to his play-caller with the game out of reach. Le'Veon Moss then ended the contest with a 3-yard loss on the ensuing play.

https://247sports.com/article/mike-elko-loses-mind-on-texas-am-oc-collin-klein-in-final-moments-vs-notre-dame-235477516/

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I was just going to ask if anyone captured Elko losing his shit at the end of the game & yelling to run the fucking ball.  It's week one and aggy has already given us two gifs this season:

• Weigman puking 
  • Elko cursing

Plus a corp dork surrender cobra. I'm gonna have to pace myself.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, SurlyGator said:

I'm not reviewing 42 pages to see if this has been said or not, and I realize this opinion may not be popular around here, but I was actually hoping a&m would win last night.  Simply because I know that they will get their shit pushed in multiple times through their SEC schedule, and I would have preferred for the domers to lose their most "respectable" game on their schedule.  Domers are now all but guaranteed a playoff spot barring multiple epic meltdowns, and that sucks.

If ND was stealing one of four playoff spots I probably would think the same way.  With 12 spots, it don't make a shit.  In the end, only the top 4 will likely have any chance of winning it all and probably only the top 2.  Same as every other playoff year.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, pantone159 said:

I did.

With 0 completions/yards/tds, the formula gives a=-0.15, b=-0.75, c=0, d=2.375, then the overall rating is (-0.15 - 0.75 + 0 + 2.375) / 6 * 100 = 24.583.

From your link: “If the result of any calculation is greater than 2.375, it is set to 2.375. If the result is a negative number, it is set to zero.”

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I was just going to ask if anyone captured Elko losing his shit at the end of the game & yelling to run the fucking ball.  It's week one and aggy has already given us two gifs this season:

• Weigman puking 
  • Elko cursing

Plus a corp dork surrender cobra. I'm gonna have to pace myself.

SIAP

Now somebody please post the corps turd "surrender cobra" again. I missed it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

How long is Kyle Field going to be touted as being so tough to play? Lmao. Appalachian State went there and won. A shitty Notre Dame team won. There's nothing daunting about going there to play. All the dorky crap the fans do all game doesn't intimidate the opposing team like they think.

It must be a tough venue if App State won by just a field goal. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Elko looked like a goob all night.  Not a great look.  

At the very end , my take on him yelling at  the. OC  “…run the ball..” was to tell CW to take the huge yardage ND was giving him when he was flushed and threw errantly out of bounds on the last drive.  Not ‘run the ball’ like we’re waving the white flag.  Of course, we all know they weren’t going to score 13 points in 40 seconds or whatever.  Then the OC calls a running play on the very next snap and it’s ballgame.  They were all fucked up by that point,  but I think Elko was saying take the scramble yardage.  Could be wrong.  

They also should have punted with 94 seconds left down 7 and all 3 time outs.  Keep it a one score game and get the ball back.  ND would have sat on it pinned back deep. 

• Like 1

The amount of scrambling and designed running both Leonard and Weigman did last night is going to get them both injured again before the season is over, especially with those lines

Edited by Sal
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Less than 24 hours later I still don’t understand how Aggie can screw up yet another game. ND was mostly ass all night. Aggie has some excellent DL and S talent. They have a good QB. They should have scored more than 13, and shouldn’t have given up huge chunks of yardage late. It’s almost like the team is just out of shape. 

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Less than 24 hours later I still don’t understand how Aggie can screw up yet another game. ND was mostly ass all night. Aggie has some excellent DL and S talent. They have a good QB. They should have scored more than 13, and shouldn’t have given up huge chunks of yardage late. It’s almost like the team is just out of shape. 

He’s not that good a QB.

Just now, nnm said:

12/30/100, 0TD, 2INT is worse than “not that good a QB.”  It’s historically bad. 

He is dog shit. Can’t throw 10 yards without a windup. Can’t make reads, can’t count to three. I hope he makes it to our game because I want to see him planted by our ends and safeties and linebackers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Bojack said:

From the comments:

Reading his lips it looks more like "Hey! I said to run the fucking ball! Run the fucking ball!"

Not tell them. As in he already told them. But they didn't.

So there's already trouble in paradise and bad communication between the Big Moosey and his coordinator/playcaller...

thatsashame.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

31 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

they have an excellent front 4 and Bryce Anderson. Outside of that their team is dog shit. 

I know for a fact that respected talent evaluators felt Weigman was very solid coming out of high school with real star potential. I ascribe his problems more to poor coaching than lack of talent. 

He's a baseball player. He shouldn't be out there, so please keep him out there aggy.