49er's Pearsall shot in robbery

Gil Bang

Bold to rob a young man that’s certainly a physical specimen in broad day light.  

Gotta give the freaking watch up.  WTF can buy another one.  Hard to buy one if that bullet goes a little more left or right.

Dudes going to have mad street cred though.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

Bold to rob a young man that’s certainly a physical specimen in broad day light.  

Gotta give the freaking watch up.  WTF can buy another one.  Hard to buy one if that bullet goes a little more left or right.

Which of your songs go best with this moment?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

This is textbook victim blaming

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

San Fran gonna San Fran

The sad thing is San Fran wasnt like this not long ago.  I lived there for 10 years from early 2000s to 2010s and it was one of the safest places to be.  I would walk late at night in the city with 0 issues at all.

Edited by westexhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Released a couple hours ago. 

San Fran already saying they’ll most likely charge the 17yr old robber as a juvenile.

https://sports.yahoo.com/49ers-ricky-pearsall-released-from-hospital-after-being-shot-in-chest-in-san-francisco-235941345.html

Thought you meant the perp at first but he's still in the hospital. Otherwise probably would be out already.  Agg assault is a big boy crime and he should be charged accordingly 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Thought you meant the perp at first but he's still in the hospital. Otherwise probably would be out already.  Agg assault is a big boy crime and he should be charged accordingly 

If it comes out that he disarmed the perp after being shot then shot the dude SF will consider charging him as well. They don’t like folks messing up the feargerbed they’ve made for criminals. It’s a shithole.
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 1:43 AM, ztejas said:

Fuck that city. 

Weren’t you the poster ranting about how the murder of that tech exec was all due to the terrible politics in SF, and then said nothing when it was discovered that he was murdered by his friend?

• Haha 7

On 9/1/2024 at 4:57 PM, DaggerHorns said:

Released a couple hours ago. 

San Fran already saying they’ll most likely charge the 17yr old robber as a juvenile.

https://sports.yahoo.com/49ers-ricky-pearsall-released-from-hospital-after-being-shot-in-chest-in-san-francisco-235941345.html

Looking for independent confirmation, but Twitter news saying the 17 year old Norteno gang member from Tracy, CA was caught and arrested with a gun 3 days prior to the shooting and released. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Looking for independent confirmation, but Twitter news saying the 17 year old Norteno gang member from Tracy, CA was caught and arrested with a gun 3 days prior to the shooting and released. 

Well since the media hasn’t said anything about the suspect then we can already assume

The sad thing is San Fran wasnt like this not long ago.  I lived there for 10 years from early 2000s to 2010s and it was one of the safest places to be.  I would walk late at night in the city with 0 issues at all.

Hmm. Was there in 2013ish. Plenty of crackheads shitting in the street and drug deals in broad daylight. Sister (no pics) lived downtown and worked near tenderloin when her tech company got some revitalization money. Unimaginable degradation there that goes back 100 years.

Basically, you’re looking at a druggie tourist destination going back to the beatniks.

The number one thing different is the gutting of neighborhoods with airbnbs, bachelor pads, and investor properties.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/31/2024 at 9:34 PM, The_Great_Hornsby said:

This is textbook victim blaming

Victim blaming would be saying "he asked for it the way he was dressed and flaunting the watch." Simply saying he should have given up the watch is not victim blaming. Many would argue it's good sense to give up any material possession when confronted with a gun. Not everyone I guess, but typically, your life is worth more than a watch.  

13 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Hmm. Was there in 2013ish. Plenty of crackheads shitting in the street and drug deals in broad daylight. Sister (no pics) lived downtown and worked near tenderloin when her tech company got some revitalization money. Unimaginable degradation there that goes back 100 years.

Basically, you’re looking at a druggie tourist destination going back to the beatniks.

The number one thing different is the gutting of neighborhoods with airbnbs, bachelor pads, and investor properties.

For the JPMorgan healthcare conference every year in Jan Jamie Dimon has them bus all the bums / riffraff out.  If you’re not the one that has to pay for the lodging it’s great.  Shows you what the city can be.  Otherwise, no thanks.  Sad

On 9/1/2024 at 1:26 AM, PRONG HORN said:

Was he flaunting wealth, or was he wearing a watch?  Nice job of victim blaming.

Don’t even try blaming the politicians and policies. The have nothing to do with this. Blame Rolex, does anyone really need to be making  a sweet ass time piece in this day and age. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Don’t even try blaming the politicians and policies. The have nothing to do with this. Blame Rolex, does anyone really need to be making  a sweet ass time piece in this day and age. 

Whoa man, "victim blame", victim blame or shame on others for doing so, hate on SF or love on it, hate on the politics or defend them, that's in the game.

What you don't do is go hating on exclusive Swiss time pieces. That's a banning offense as far as I'm concerned. Take that bullshit to the Swiss Watch Haters sub asshole.

• Hook 'Em 2

For the JPMorgan healthcare conference every year in Jan Jamie Dimon has them bus all the bums / riffraff out.  If you’re not the one that has to pay for the lodging it’s great.  Shows you what the city can be.  Otherwise, no thanks.  Sad

Sure. This idea that SF is all of a sudden a hell hole is misleading. It ebbs and flows, yes, but if you want to clutch pearls and exaggerate recency of issues that urban cities have dealt with since the dawn of civilization, take it to the CR.

That we’re debating SF has all of a sudden turned into a shit hole based on crime incidents like the Pearsall shooting, is CR bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Sure. This idea that SF is all of a sudden a hell hole is misleading. It ebbs and flows, yes, but if you want to clutch pearls and exaggerate recency of issues that urban cities have dealt with since the dawn of civilization, take it to the CR.

That we’re debating SF has all of a sudden turned into a shit hole based on crime incidents like the Pearsall shooting, is CR bullshit.

I lean about as far left as you can.  I still spend a ton of time in Chicago.  Sorry but it’s pretty fucking shitty in SF with the bums doing whatever the fuck they want.  To be clear, this crime was more a random act and not typical of SF, Chicago has it much worse.  But the bums camped out all over and it smelling like piss on many a block is an undeniable fact as of a couple years ago.  Maybe in the last 18 months since I stopped visited more frequently, that has changed.  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I lean about as far left as you can.  I still spend a ton of time in Chicago.  Sorry but it’s pretty fucking shitty in SF with the bums doing whatever the fuck they want.  To be clear, this crime was more a random act and not typical of SF, Chicago has it much worse.  But the bums camped out all over and it smelling like piss on many a block is an undeniable fact as of a couple years ago.  Maybe in the last 18 months since I stopped visited more frequently, that has changed.  

So essentially an aesthetic argument. Like how many urbanites prefer the occasional bum encampment and knife fight to an endless sea of sterile highways, parking lots of giant trucks used as Civics, pointless sidewalks baking in the sun, and identical strip malls.

One man's hell hole is another man's well... maybe not heaven, but at least another man's purgatory.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So essentially an aesthetic argument. Like how many urbanites prefer the occasional bum encampment and knife fight to an endless sea of sterile highways, parking lots of giant trucks used as Civics, pointless sidewalks baking in the sun, and identical strip malls.

One man's hell hole is another man's well... maybe not heaven, but at least another man's purgatory.

True.  For me I don’t mind walking by some bums and dealing with some odor.  SF bums are aggressive and act like they own the damn city.  But yes, I’m not one of these ‘OMG, cities are so scary!’ people.  

WTF? This was a very unfortunate random act of violence. The shooter should be severely punished.  But this isn't the thing to bash SF over.

I travel to SF every other week to meet with clients. I stay in the city and go for morning runs every single day, walk all over downtown all day and night long, and it is a safe and beautiful city. But yeah y'all keep trashing the city and go to San Diego instead. Please.

Whoa man, "victim blame", victim blame or shame on others for doing so, hate on SF or love on it, hate on the politics or defend them, that's in the game.
What you don't do is go hating on exclusive Swiss time pieces. That's a banning offense as far as I'm concerned. Take that bullshit to the Swiss Watch Haters sub asshole.

So, the poors board?
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

WTF? This was a very unfortunate random act of violence. The shooter should be severely punished.  But this isn't the thing to bash SF over.

I travel to SF every other week to meet with clients. I stay in the city and go for morning runs every single day, walk all over downtown all day and night long, and it is a safe and beautiful city. But yeah y'all keep trashing the city and go to San Diego instead. Please.

Of course it's safe for you. No one wants your shitty Timex. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5