2024 Longhorn Injury/Availability Updates

TKthunder2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2024 at 6:45 AM, nycHorn said:

Wisner? I figured he would get a few runs after Gibson fumbled.

Is Wisner good to go Saturday? Read on X (probably consider the source) where there is speculation both Blue and Wisner may sit out.

Geez... Our RB room is falling apart

Sark's First SEC Injury Report...

On Wednesday night, Texas quarterback Quinn Ewers was listed as "questionable" for the Longhorns' game this weekend against Mississippi State.  

That in itself isn't breaking news. Ewers missed last week's game against Louisiana-Monroe with a strained oblique, and UT head coach Steve Sarkisian used that word to describe his quarterback's status during this Monday's press conference

How Wednesday's injury update was issued, though, was news. Ahead of the first four nonconference games of the season, Sarkisian was solely responsible for disseminating the official information about his team's injuries. On Wednesday, the status of Ewers was listed on the Southeastern Conference's availability report.

Receiver DeAndre Moore Jr., running back Quintrevion Wisner, defensive back Jelani McDonald were also listed as questionable by Texas. Running back Colin Page and defensive back Derek Williams Jr. received a "doubtful" designation. Running backs CJ Baxter and Christian Clark, who suffered season-ending injuries during fall camp, were announced as "out," and running back Velton Gardner also won't play. 

• Rage+1 1

• Derek Williams   Hamstring  (till blOU)
  • Colin Page          Ankle          (blOU)
  • Velton Gardner                     (blOU)
  • DeAndre Moore   Hip
  • Tate Haver  ( Deep Snapper)

IMG_20240927_125202_kindlephoto-4782296.thumb.jpg.dca5095d3514b0f138fdd63367ba95af.jpg

Hey @South Austin, Texas might need a deep snapper tomorrow -- is your Mom available? 😋

20 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
  • Derek Williams   Hamstring  (till blOU)
  • Colin Page          Ankle          (blOU)
  • Velton Gardner                     (blOU)
  • DeAndre Moore   Hip
  • Tate Haver  ( Deep Snapper)

IMG_20240927_125202_kindlephoto-4782296.thumb.jpg.dca5095d3514b0f138fdd63367ba95af.jpg

Hey @South Austin, Texas might need a deep snapper tomorrow -- is your Mom available? 😋

That position’s been filled. 

Edited by HiggyBaby

On 9/25/2024 at 10:23 PM, ousux said:

As long as Tre and at least one other RB are good by BlowU we'll be ok, but this is not good less than halfway through the season. CFB needs in season trades, stat!

We'll be fine against ou. Blue, Wisner, and Gibson will be a great combo. Getting Page back and Gardner will help, too. Plus we can run a ton of screens to Bond and Cook, and deep passes to Wingo. Quinn will be back and skull fucking them. We're going undefeated. 

On 9/26/2024 at 6:36 AM, MirrOlure said:

Wisner was all up in the middle of the mosh pit after one of the TD’s in the North End Zone jumping around like a fool. He’ll be fine.

good to know, didnt realize that.  Would be nice to have him available vs MSU. Seen too many conference games go to shit vs what was supposed to be lesser teams.

1 minute ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Plus we can run a ton of screens to Bond and Cook, and deep passes to Wingo.

Thats one of the reasons why I think we see QE to start and ideally get a lead and sit him.  We can run a ton of quick stuff to lessen chance of a hit.  Not ideal I know, but if we can run those screens, short routes and use RB power to control the game, would like to see QB1 back in DKR

• Like 1

Just now, jdhorn92 said:

Thats one of the reasons why I think we see QE to start and ideally get a lead and sit him.  We can run a ton of quick stuff to lessen chance of a hit.  Not ideal I know, but if we can run those screens, short routes and use RB power to control the game, would like to see QB1 back in DKR

Yep, me too. Once we get a sizeable leas, sit him so he can be good for Georgia. I really don't buy into the hype that Ou's defense is elite. I think Quinn will expose them. 

6 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Did Taeffe come back in 2nd half?

Pretty sure he was in on the 2nd defensive possession in the 2nd half and was the only player to read the reverse and drew the block in the back penalty.  One of the under appreciated plays of the game.

Pretty sure it was him I saw heading to the locker room after that drive and never saw him again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...