Week 2, 2024: Texas at Michigan

Wulaw Horn

26 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Perhaps that's more a function of the type of Michigan grad attracted to that line of work in New York? My experience working with Michigan engineers has been different.

Michigan engineers rival the arrogance of Texas engineers in my experience.

Back in 2000 in my post divorce single days, I met this gal at a bar who was a Michigan grad with a killer bod and an ok face.

Her accent lacked the smooth niceness in it like a Minnesota or South Dakota or Wisconsin accent. It was quite grating but would not have been a deal breaker.  The deal breaker was that she would not shut up about her stupid Camaro.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Got a note from u of Michigan after getting my tickets transferred through them that this season is the first season of beer sales at the stadium. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

Back in 2000 in my post divorce single days, I met this gal at a bar who was a Michigan grad with a killer bod and an ok face.
Her accent lacked the smooth niceness in it like a Minnesota or South Dakota or Wisconsin accent. It was quite grating but would not have been a deal breaker.  The deal breaker was that she would not shut up about her stupid Camaro.

Pics of the Camaro?
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I keep seeing this stat.. nine yards rushing includes a 30 yard subtraction from three sacks. Their true ball carriers had 39 yards on 19 carriers for 2.05 yards per carry, which while terrible for that rushing attack, is abundantly better than 0.4 yards per carry

If Sark does his job he will use the short passing game to Blue and Wisner to get them their "carries". I actually expect subpar "rushing" stats for Texas in a take a knee win.

9 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Just think how accurate he would be if those things had on Colorado jerseys.

JFC, let it go. 

Went to Lincoln and won, when that still meant something, getting a dislocated finger pulled back into place on the sideline. Went to Manhattan and won, when that wasn’t something Texas did well

• Hook 'Em 5

18 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I think the biggest question with Michigan is the extent to which their rampant cheating gave them unfair advantages over other teams. 

They were obviously still very good, because they still won after the scandal was exposed. However the Netflix special on it supposedly shows cheating so sophisticated and broad that they were able to call the exact plays of opponents before every snap. 

Without those cheating mf’rs having that to fall back on, maybe they lose quite a bit this year, including this week. Eff the cheaters.  

Star Trek GIF

seriously whining about the cheating is whining, you still have to have the ability to stop what's coming

i mean ou didn't even have to cheat to know every play gerg davis ran, and everyone knew what plays nebwaska was gonna run in the 90s and the bugeaters won 3 national titles running it

mumme/leach had a grand total of 3 plays in their playbook. THREE.

the Astros learned everything about cheating from a certain player who came over from the rangers, but you never hear about the rangers cheating scandal because they sucked. and the Astros won another world series afterwards anyway

and aggy cheated their asses off from the 90s on and still sucked

it doesn't make a shit if they know our plays or not, they can cheat all they want, they can't stop us

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Sure, the Camaro talk is what did not allow it to happen.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If we all get a bunch of money together, would you let us pay you to change this prediction?

haha, well no one is saying 35-7. so I take the position that 34-20 as my example is not the same. pretty sure I'm right.

2 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

what if he's a ford guy?

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Star Trek GIF

seriously whining about the cheating is whining, you still have to have the ability to stop what's coming

i mean ou didn't even have to cheat to know every play gerg davis ran, and everyone knew what plays nebwaska was gonna run in the 90s and the bugeaters won 3 national titles running it

mumme/leach had a grand total of 3 plays in their playbook. THREE.

the Astros learned everything about cheating from a certain player who came over from the rangers, but you never hear about the rangers cheating scandal because they sucked. and the Astros won another world series afterwards anyway

and aggy cheated their asses off from the 90s on and still sucked

it doesn't make a shit if they know our plays or not, they can cheat all they want, they can't stop us

lol at an Astros fan defending cheating. Shocker. The fact you guys weren’t stripped of the 2017 title is a travesty

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

There were some other minor mitigating factors, like her not so hot tag along friend.

However, she name dropped that Camaro like it was her boyfriend or fiance or something.  It was so odd.

I haven't thought about that incident in decades.  Right after, I even did some Camaro research to see what the big deal was. Good times.

11 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Dude. Shut the fuck up

Again, its a bit.  The only person upset by his posting should be futureman, as Helo ripped his whole routine off.  He's Surly Carlos Mencia.  

If you have futureman on ignore, it would make sense to include Helo as well.

*note* i have no one on ignore.  We are all a part of this inspiring mélange of cretinous gobbledygook ❤️ 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Again, its a bit.  The only person upset by his posting should be futureman, as Helo ripped his whole routine off.  He's Surly Carlos Mencia.  

If you have futureman on ignore, it would make sense to include Helo as well.

*note* i have no one on ignore.  We are all a part of this inspiring mélange of cretinous gobbledygook ❤️ 

It’s not a bit. He’s really this fucktarded 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This thread has added multiple tangents in the last two pages that are all terrible in their own right. You guys can’t help yourselves, really. A perfectly good football thread is now home to:

-several asshats trying to spark up a good ol’Chris Simms debate

-some stupid fitness dialogue

-an asshole empties his shitter of a prediction here when there is an actual prediction thread for that fucking dildo of a human to go fuck up instead

-people reacting to the asshole emptying his shitter

-debates about how Michigan people behave regionally

-and something about some guy who edged with a Michigan broad about a shitty I-Roc or something. 

Step Brothers Mf GIF by reactionseditor

Wait, it was an IROC? He made it sound like a base model.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Getafix said:

FCB ... 

Someone on MGoBlog got his or her underwear in a bunch about this.  Shocking, I know, that a message board poster would get irrationally upset over something.  Glad that never happens here.

Most of the initial replies were of the "so what, we will gladly take their money" variety, although it also looks like, similar to many a thread on here, that it has veered into some bashing of Texas the state, the university, the residents, etc.  

https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/cooper-manning-and-his-business-partner-have-turned-graduate2500nightinto-texas-hotel-ann

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This thread has added multiple tangents in the last two pages that are all terrible in their own right. You guys can’t help yourselves, really. A perfectly good football thread is now home to:

-an asshole empties his shitter of a prediction here when there is an actual prediction thread for that fucking dildo of a human to go fuck up instead

-and something about some guy who edged with a Michigan broad about a shitty I-Roc or something. 

I can't let the travesty of fitness mistruths stand. sorry for partying.

and don't forget a poster telling everyone they are worthless and their opinions are total shit, amirite? don't get me wrong, I laugh at all of the digs and would miss said digs immensely if they were gone but it's about as predictible as Texas curbstomping michigan tomorrow.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ScottS said:

Someone on MGoBlog got his or her underwear in a bunch about this.  Shocking, I know, that a message board poster would get irrationally upset over something.  Glad that never happens here.

Most of the initial replies were of the "so what, we will gladly take their money" variety, although it also looks like, similar to many a thread on here, that it has veered into some bashing of Texas the state, the university, the residents, etc.  

https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/cooper-manning-and-his-business-partner-have-turned-graduate2500nightinto-texas-hotel-ann

The top post from the thread on reddit was a person who apparently lives there and says that this hotel always flies opposing teams flags. Seems weird but Cooper may have been ripped off here.

200.gif

Certain shit needs to be dealt with when it comes up.

19 hours ago, El Squared said:

My concern is the bufu  B1G refs, but then again, the big 12 refs have prepared our anuses well enuf we should have calices , if not venereal warts, so we should be ready.

BigSlowTen refs allow a ton of pile-punches/pile-stranglings and other assorted cheap-shots, so I hope we're prepared for that, too.

2 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

She didn't by any chance have an ex-husband who was a dentist in Philadelphia, who turned out to be gay and had given her a strong preference for backdoor action?

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Hey, for whoever is traveling to the game tomorrow. Bring some fall weather back to Austin, thanks.

Gonna be interesting to see how Quinn and the Longhorns handle weather tomorrow... 

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

The top post from the thread on reddit was a person who apparently lives there and says that this hotel always flies opposing teams flags. Seems weird but Cooper may have been ripped off here.

Thank you. Almost every comment I've seen from a Michigan fan has been the same "wtf? every visiting team does this to the point that its a tradition." Leave it up to FCB to run with an internet rumor he picked up on twitter.

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Gonna be interesting to see how Quinn and the Longhorns handle weather tomorrow... 

Nah, 60's while playing is nothing. Blood gets pumping they'll warm right up. anything lower and it might be a problem but I think it's a non factor this game.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, LOHorn said:

According to this guy:

The Michigan offense has 4 special players, and the Texas offense has 3. 

The Michigan defense has 7 special players, the Texas defense 1.

Also, Michigan apparently has 3 All-American players and Texas doesn't have any. Should we even show up, since Michigan so clearly has the talent advantage? 

There is also this: "Anthony Hill Jr., who was only okay a year ago."

Seriously... he wrote that about a guy who was second on the team in tackles, had 5 sacks, 8 tackles for a loss, 4 QB hurries, a FF, all as a true freshman with a lower share of snaps than others. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

There is also this: "Anthony Hill Jr., who was only okay a year ago."

Seriously... he wrote that about a guy who was second on the team in tackles, had 5 sacks, 8 tackles for a loss, 4 QB hurries, a FF, all as a true freshman with a lower share of snaps than others. 

sounds like the SEER from way back. Texas has a few nice players but they aren't beating us bullshit. fuck em. there's plenty to worry about on our schedule, Georgia, OU, Arkansas and Aggy but Michigan ain't on the list.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I resent this post and you should be ashamed of yourself. You completely forgot to mention interminable posts about a stupid fucking flag at a stupid fucking hotel that no one gives a fuck about.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We'll be two of the old farts drinking beer spiked with metamucil, if any of y'all are heading that way.

Hell of a marketing job.  I might make my way down there, at least for the first half.  It's always nice to watch big games like this with some fellow horns.  It helps if they're respectable, but I can overlook that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

24 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Nah, 60's while playing is nothing. Blood gets pumping they'll warm right up. anything lower and it might be a problem but I think it's a non factor this game.

Yeah, the rain chances in the forecast have been decreasing.  If anything, I think the Horns might be a bit faster with the cool weather than they were last Saturday.

18 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:
22 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

AnnArborForecast.thumb.jpg.f0e2641f1046ed01bb9f0f5adfa41243.jpg

Forecast pictured is from weather.com

Weather should be perfect for playing football. Perhaps the wind might affect things a little, but even if it got down into the 40's, an active football player isn't going to notice it after the kickoff.

• Hook 'Em 1