Week 2, 2024: Texas at Michigan

Wulaw Horn

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Michigan is Batman at the beginning of The Dark Knight Rises. Defending champs, sure, but nowhere near the same. And Texas is Bane. We're going to kick the shit out of them and stuff them in a weird cave and make them watch tv of Gotham getting nuked. (or we'll beat them like 34-17)

I feel like the defending champ makes a late comeback in that one. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Red Five said:

Yeah my analogy ends mid-movie.

We’re more like the road warrior.  We’ve been beaten, broken.  Watched our wife and kid murdered in front of us.  But, now we are on our way to restore order to the wasteland of college football.  Johnny the boy is about to be handcuffed to a radiator and given a hacksaw while we light the fuse and drive off into the sunset.

mad max GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

They aren’t scared of me. They’re scared of tomorrow.

But to your question, there was a time that I tried to look like that.

Well, if you did, I wouldn’t be scared.  I’d want to drink scotch and talk heavy metal and emasculate midwesterners. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

We’ve been beaten, broken.  Watched our wife and kid murdered in front of us.

mad max GIF

Best description of Charlie Strong football that I’ve heard in a long while.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

So I watched the Netflix special on Michigan cheating. Good watch. The school was definitely complicit with the guy cheating. Someone, a booster, was paying for people to go to games and film signals for all future opponents. They’ve been doing it just about as long as Michigan has gotten good again. Hmmmm. What a coincidence. 

The piece of shit doing it tried to make himself look innocent but he was without question guilty. He had a very very sophisticated stealing system he had developed himself. Smart kid who went to the Naval Academy. 

Interestingly he joined the Michigan staff as a volunteer and brought signal stealing in with him from Navy. 90% of schools have people who try to steal signals, legally.
However espn believes there are five schools that have been doing it illegally including Michigan , Utah, and Clemson. They didn’t name the other two. 

Bottom line is that a significant part of their success over the last two plus years came from stealing signs illegally. Are they still good? Of course.  But the stealing may have given them that final edge.

Finally, I laughed my ass off when espn revealed that it was the Surly of Ohio State message board that investigated and caught Michigan, along with an PI likely hired by Day, and blew the case wide open for the NCAA.  

I'm sure someone else already pointed this out, but the PI is Day's brother, I believe. 

2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

We’re more like the road warrior.  We’ve been beaten, broken.  Watched our wife and kid murdered in front of us.  But, now we are on our way to restore order to the wasteland of college football.  Johnny the boy is about to be handcuffed to a radiator and given a hacksaw while we light the fuse and drive off into the sunset.

mad max GIF

Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE

I feel like if we play a clean game, we'll win by 17-24 points. I think this team is going to be hard to overcome this year. And as more than a few people have already said, this Michigan team is in a rebuilding year. They lost a lot of experience all over the field. NFL experience at that. Not going to be the same team as the last couple of years.

LFG.

Edited by jw4381
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

my favorite  comparison of "watched wife and kids murdered in front of us " and then extracting revenge was Kaizer Soze....THATS how I want to go on meat chicken....

I think maybe you’re misremembering Keyser Soze. He is definitely a man of focus when someone threatens him, though. 

I’d go with John Wick, instead. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, jw4381 said:

I feel like if we play a clean game, we'll win by 17-24 points. I think this team is going to be hard to overcome this year. And as more than a few people have already said, this Michigan team is in a rebuilding year. They lost a lot of experience all over the field. NFL experience at that. Not going to be the same team as the last couple of years.

LFG.

Overcome Randy Savage GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, jw4381 said:

LFG.

Their new coach also sucks. So there's that going for us too. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

what a great pic. texas hs legend. his recruitment was huge. storied UT career for sure. RiP Ced !!!!!

IMG_1759.jpeg

Said it before and I'll say it again, the kick wouldn't have cleared the bar if Ced hadn't fought for those few extra yards in the previous play. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

While Texas has a very good chance at winning this game. I think all of you who are predicting 20+ point blowouts and Texas to put up over 40 points are going to be disappointed.

Michigans offense sucks, but they still run the clock and their defense has been one of the best in college the past few years. Every year they lose a ton and every year they still have a top defense.

An “out of hand” score would be like 28-13 IMO. I think it’s much more likely that both teams are right around 20 points.

I hope all you assholes that made the trip have an absolute blast and enjoy the big house. It changed a bit 2 years ago with the halo lights and more pumped in music, but it’s still one of the best places to watch a football game. As long as you don’t mind getting squished in like sardines. 

go blue. 

Edited by Juicy
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Juicy said:

While Texas has a very good chance at winning this game. I think all of you who are predicting 20+ point blowouts and Texas to put up over 40 points are going to be disappointed.

Michigans offense sucks, but they still run the clock and their defense has been one of the best in college the past few years. Every year they lose a ton and every year they still have a top defense.

An “out of hand” score would be like 28-13 IMO. I think it’s much more likely that both teams are right around 20 points.

I hope all you assholes that made the trip have an absolute blast and enjoy the big house. It changed a bit 2 years ago with the halo lights and more pumped in music, but it’s still one of the best places to watch a football game. As long as you don’t mind getting squished in like sardines. 

go blue. 

We’re 50burgering your bitch ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We’re 50burgering your bitch ass. 

This is a game where points per drive will be more telling than total points.  They will run clock like a Jimbo Fisher offense.  Just don't get stupid with turnover margins.  Only way we get over about 31 with the way they burn clock will be if we have a big turnover margin in our favor or some DST scores.

We should win the turnover margin given the QB advantage.  We win this game 4 out of 5 times it is played.  Does not mean we can't lose.  But you have to like our chances.

I expect our OL to play well.  A lot of experience and two really good tackles. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Red Five said:

Michigan is Batman at the beginning of The Dark Knight Rises. Defending champs, sure, but nowhere near the same. And Texas is Bane. We're going to kick the shit out of them and stuff them in a weird cave and make them watch tv of Gotham getting nuked. (or we'll beat them like 34-17)

Michigan is Aunt Edna when the Griswolds pick her up Kansas. You know how it ends.

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

"We're capable of anything, but entitled to nothing.  New year, new team, but the standard never changes."

This should be the message fed straight into the veins of every player on the team.  No more sissy "we're Texas" entitlement bullshit.  Go out, beat the opponent's brains in, and fuckin' earn it.

Edited by Hondo
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Hondo said:

"We're capable of anything, but entitled to nothing.  New year, new team, but the standard never changes."

It missed two things that would have made it perfect:

"War never changes"

"All pie is good pie"

• Hook 'Em 1

I had a pink goatee in college because of Dime.

Out fucking standing. He was one of the nicest guys I’ve ever known.

That’s why I’ll never change my avatar. Just my little one man tribute to an all around awesome dude.
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

This you?

image.thumb.jpeg.4907e6f2177a229e2c9c569e885aefb7.jpeg

• Haha 5