Immamacs family adventure from Fargo to Ann Arbor for the Michigan Game

immamac

• immamac changed the title to Immamacs family adventure from Fargo to Ann Arbor
  • immamac changed the title to Immamacs family adventure from Fargo to Ann Arbor for the Michigan Game
1 minute ago, runthebone said:

If you have time, drive along the Lake for a while.  

This. And check out Big Bear Dunes, Mackinaw Island and go over the bridge. UP is very pretty.

BTW, even though it is September 1, the water will make your dick go all turtle.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, immamac said:

We set off this morning after a family breakfast in Fargo. 

We have arrived in Duluth Minnesota. I've never been here or seen Lake Superior. 

20240901_115824.jpg20240901_120205.jpg

gonna hit up the lake superior museum and this ship tour where you can do a 45-60 minute tour of an old shipping vessel the SS William A Irvin.

https://decc.org/william-a-irvin/

The UM Duluth campus has the thickest of coeds. 

• Haha 4
  • Drool 2

11% of the land, 3% of the people, they are called "yoopers"

When the Michigan Territory was first established in 1805, it included only the Lower Peninsula and the eastern portion of the Upper Peninsula. In 1819, the territory was expanded to include the remainder of the Upper Peninsula, all of what later became Wisconsin, and part of Minnesota (previously included in the Indiana and Illinois Territories). When Michigan applied for statehood in the 1830s, the proposal corresponded to the original territorial boundaries. However, there was an armed conflict known as the Toledo War with the state of Ohio over the location of their mutual border. Meanwhile, the people of Michigan approved a constitution in May 1835 and elected state officials in late autumn 1835. Although the state government was not yet recognized by the United States Congress, the territorial government effectively ceased to exist. President Andrew Jackson's government offered the remainder of the Upper Peninsula to Michigan if it would cede the Toledo Strip to Ohio. A constitutional convention of the state legislature refused, but a second convention, hastily convened by Governor Stevens Thomson Mason, consisting primarily of his supporters, agreed in December 1836 to the deal. In January 1837, the U.S. Congress admitted Michigan as a state of the Union.

tl/dr: michigan traded toledo to ohio for the UP

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

We are staying at The Grand Hotel in Mackinac Island. Stay tuned. 

Lunch @ the boat club

20240901_123332.jpg

20240901_122452.jpg

20240901_124055.jpg

I got so high on that island, missed the last tourist ferry. Had to wander around until the worker ferry took us to the LP. Problem was our car was on the other side. Damn that was a fun day.

Go to Rifle Ridge road. See if you can find my glass bowl there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, troph said:

I didn't know imma lived in North Dakota. does that explain something, I feel like it should.

Wife is from there. We came up to the family lake cabin been there since Aug 17. That was unrelated to football trek to AA so didn't document it was better to drive the whole family there instead of drive back and fly immediately back to AA. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

Wife is from there. We came up to the family lake cabin been there since Aug 17. That was unrelated to football trek to AA so didn't document it was better to drive the whole family there instead of drive back and fly immediately back to AA. 

The lakes up there have giant triploid rainbows. Get busy. If you don't post a pic of at least one lunker, you will be crowdsourced.

• Drool 2

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m pretty sure ima would look as awkward as Ted Cruz trying to fish. 

True, but at least he rocks a cowboy hat better than Elmo.

I just thought it'd be hilarious to threaten the guy who owns and runs this site with being crowdsourced.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

After this weekend it will be known as Immamacinack Island.  Have fun, you Surly Shaman.  Leave no Wolverine unbeaten and miss no opportunity to exclaim, “Oh, Jeez!”

More pics when you can.  Don’t drive after dark.  That place has a vacation trek gone horribly wrong vibe about it.

Definitely find a local beach or drive up north toward Tettegouche State Park and wade in as far as you dare.  Water is so cold it will cramp your ass even if you are only ankle deep.  Some really incredible beaches up north.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

We set off this morning after a family breakfast in Fargo. 

We have arrived in Duluth Minnesota. I've never been here or seen Lake Superior. 

20240901_115824.jpg20240901_120205.jpg

gonna hit up the lake superior museum and this ship tour where you can do a 45-60 minute tour of an old shipping vessel the SS William A Irvin.

https://decc.org/william-a-irvin/

I went to camp in Nebaggamon, WI. Duluth is the closest airport. The area is beautiful - if you happen to have a canoe in that rig, check out the Boundary Waters.