ESPN Channels and Disney owned ABC affiliates pulled from DirecTV right now

Macklemore

27 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Sounds like a YouTube tv trial is in your future. 

I pay $340 a month to fucking DirecTV because they’re supposed to be the best for sports. They first lose Sunday Ticket last year and now this shit and the beginning of football season. Unacceptable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

That's a yes from me dawg

That’s a no for me dawg and for anyone with a DirecTV log in credential. I had to fucking use my brother’s YouTube TV credentials.

Edited by Macklemore

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

I pay $340 a month to fucking DirecTV because they’re supposed to be the best for sports. They first lose Sunday Ticket last year and now this shit and the beginning of football season. Unacceptable. 

Jesus Fuck!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'm able to watch KVUE.

KVUE is owned by Tegna. Disney owns 8 local affiliates, including in LA, Houston, Chicago, Philly, NYC and Raleigh-Durham

So Houston lost their ABC

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• Macklemore changed the title to ESPN Channels and Disney owned ABC affiliates pulled from DirecTV right now
1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

For those of you using Direct TV, are they your provider for your fax machine and rotary phone as well? 

YTTV and the rest need the ability to match Dish, etc. channel numbers instead of having to scroll so much. If my 86 year old dad wants channel 8, it would be nice if he had a reasonable way to input an 8 and get there. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

For those of you using Direct TV, are they your provider for your fax machine and rotary phone as well? 

Hey now, I use DirecTV Stream.  And for the same reasons as Icono - SCN for astros and rockets 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

YouTube TV doesn’t have SCHN for Astros or Rockets. 

I've struggled through this for years. A family member shares now and I'm good. 

I'm seriously considering and IPTV solution. 

My buddy gets everything in the world.

Edit: That he has any interest in, which is sports.

Edited by Slacks

I have 7 TVs with 4K boxes on every TV. DirecTV was the go to provider for power users with multiple TVs in room setups like me 

I have 9 tvs all running YTTV on Rokus. I pay $89/mo for YTTV.

Bailed on DTV 4 years ago and haven’t looked back or missed a single thing I wanted to watch.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Bailed on DTV 4 years ago and haven’t looked back or missed a single thing I wanted to watch.

On top of that we use a Verizon 5G home WiFi box to power it all for $50/mo. Works just fine at about 50mb/s.

36 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

jesus how many tv boxes are you renting from them that you use 2 times a month??

7 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

My wife knows and is comfortable with our setup. The amount of hassle I have to put up from with pulling a switch to another provider like YoutubeTV in which we’d not have the same number of premium channels we currently have is not worth it. TV is our primary form of entertainment DirecTV satellite has the best picture quality on the market. DirecTV forgot who their biggest customers are - power users with elite home theater setups and commercial users. Don’t fuck with us.

• Haha 2

Why in the pure holy hell would anyone need 7-9 TVs?

Well. Let’s see.

Main living room
Master bedroom
3 daughters rooms
Master bathroom
My office
Her office
Patio

God forbid that something happens on a screen that someone misses.

FWIW - All but 2 of them are $269 Roku TVs from Costco.
  • Like 2