ESPN Channels and Disney owned ABC affiliates pulled from DirecTV right now

Macklemore

4 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I will definitely be giving DirecTV an angry phone call tomorrow to get a discount on my bill. In the meantime, I'm watching the US Open using my ESPN+ account so I'm not really missing anything but they don't need to know that.

I have already tried and it’s no use. I waited an hour to yell at some dude in an Indian call center and didn’t get  shit.

Edited by Macklemore

13 hours ago, troph said:

With YTTV multi view you can easily have 4 in 1 so just get a 70+ inch TV and it’s perfect for CFB Saturday, Bowl games, March Madness, whatever else you like.

You don’t have control over the exact feeds you want on multiview or how it’s set up on your screen. I have Sunday Ticket with YouTube no YouTubeTV. You don’t get any multiview options with any feeds shown on your local affiliates which sucks. Didn’t have that issue with DirecTV and their 4 game or 8 game multiview.  I have 3 TVs in my living room and I want to have full screen action on 2  and the 3rd will do Red Zone or a multiview.

Edited by Macklemore

9 hours ago, Updawg said:

When and where are the Astros moving to? That’s the biggest problem with yttv

I’m just betting on a change given what happened with the Mavs and stars this year going to Victory+. 

9 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Have you considered fubo?

Yes, and that would have been an option but for the Food Network, TNT and TBS missing (sports). 

4 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Astros/Rangers pay $100 at the start of the year for MLB.tv and ~$3/mo for an Unlocator subscription and, for baseball, you’ve eliminated the need for a package with RSNs.

This is an interesting idea. I assume it would work for spurs too?

I don’t pay $350, I pay $240 (two tvs), up from $180 just a year ago. AT&T is just pushing price as much as they can until everyone is pushed off the service. With that $240, I also get free Max and a bunch of movie channels (legacy pricing plan). 

I can’t duplicate what I have, even if I wanted to, and I’m not ready to give up Astros and spurs. And I like the AT&T fiber speeds. 

If I did give it up, internet would be $90. YTTV would be $72 plus addons $10, ballys would be $20, max would be $15, for a total of $207, and I wouldn’t have movie channels, Astros, Spurs, one remote, one input/channel lineup. 

So, it cost me $40 to have Uverse with the above advantages. And I ask myself the question: “would we go out one night per month and spend $40 because we didn’t watch Astros, Spurs, movies, etc? Of course we would. So we aren’t spending any more than we would be. Plus, we aren’t poor. 

What’s so ironic about it all is that we don’t watch national network tv hardly at all except for the Food Network. It’s all sports. It’s nice having a sports fan wife. I recommend it.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Left Uverse for DTVStream in January.  
Pricing aside, the biggest advantage for any of the DTVS/YTTV/Fubo options over Uverse is the ability to watch anywhere.

Astros games were particularly infuriating.  Want to watch on your laptop?  Nope, no web-based access.  Roku?  Nope, no app.  On your phone while running an errand somewhere?  lol.  If you’re not tied to your set-top box, you ain’t watching it.

The change to DTVS is saving us money every month but even if it weren’t, the improvement in user experience alone was worth the switch imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

You don’t have control over the exact feeds you want on YTTV multiview or how it’s set up on your screen. I have Sunday Ticket with YTTV. You don’t get any multiview options with any feeds shown on your local affiliates which sucks. Didn’t have that issue with DirecTV and their 4 game or 8 game multiview.  I have 3 TVs in my living room and I want to have full screen action on 2  and the 3rd will do Red Zone or a multiview.

hold up, youre subscribing to YTTV for sunday ticket? my YTTV bill right now without RZ which im adding here this week is $72, so thatll be like $83.  just looking at the option for sunday ticket & RZ is $419.00 or another $104.75/mo. So your $340 will soon be $444 for the next 4 months? not to draw you away from your comfort zone but wow

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Just fyi, when people are mentioning Directv on this thread, they likely mean DStream, not directv satellite

no one has a dish anymore

OP def has dish. Hes mentioned the delay streaming has caused to be annoying and how 3 of his living room TVs has 4K boxes for them...

4 hours ago, Macklemore said:

I have already tried and it’s no use. I waited an hour to yell at some dude in an Indian call center and didn’t get  shit.

FYI/FWIW I'm no fan of DTV but the party that should receive almost all the blame here is Disney. This is not like the carriage negotiations of the past. This is about Disney acting like a monopolist and trying to force bundling (abc+espn+every other Disney station) on cable/satellite while giving themselves (Disney) the right to sell unbundled sports packages.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

hold up, youre subscribing to YTTV for sunday ticket? my YTTV bill right now without RZ which im adding here this week is $72, so thatll be like $83.  just looking at the option for sunday ticket & RZ is $419.00 or another $104.75/mo. So your $340 will soon be $444 for the next 4 months? not to draw you away from your comfort zone but wow

I am not paying for YTTV, I misspoke. I just get the Sunday Ticket standalone package with Red Zone for $489 that is available from YouTube. This is not directed at you but others - it’s not like I am oblivious to the other options out there. As @Dbeasy said a few posts up - there are significant gaps for sports fans and for my wife for options like Fubo and Fubo can go fuck themselves with the bullshit they pulled this year with the Euros by having games exclusively shown on their bullshit channel instead of available on Fox. YTTV doesn’t have SCHN — Astros and Rockets games make up about 40% of my total TV viewing. As everyone’s seen with NFL playoff games exclusively on Peacock and now regular season games on Netflix and Prime — the move to streaming from the traditional cable/satellite bundle has been horrible for sports fans.

I get Max from my DirecTV package, the ESPN+, Hulu and Disney+ package free from my Verizon unlimited plan same with Apple+, pay for Prime since we do a lot of Amazon purchases, Paramount+ comes free now since we get Showtime from our DirecTV package. The only one I refuse to pay for and use my mother’s Xfinity login to get is Peacock.

DirecTV satellite unquestionably has the best picture quality of any live TV provider with the least amount of compression and offer the most 4K offerings and will provide every 4K telecast that Fox or ABC/ESPN produces for college football. The people who have stuck with DirecTV for the most of have are big time sports fans, home theatre aficionados, power users, sports bars and other commercial users. For them to thumb their noses at us is suicide. Think if you were a bar owner last night and the shit they had to deal with from their customers wanting to watch the LSU game.

BTW, in my anger last night, I miscounted the number of TVs I have. I actually have 9 with 8 of them using DirecTV satellite and a small RokuTV in the kitchen

3 in the living room, 1 each in the master bedroom and the 2 guest bedrooms, my office, wife’s office and the RokuTV in the kitchen. Living room and master have the top of the line LG CX series 4K OLEDs, office TVs are LG 4Ks but cheaper models

Edited by Macklemore

"NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone2024 Regular Season. Requires YouTube TV Base Plan. Watch every out-of-market Sunday afternoon game, plus NFL RedZone. Automatically renews every season at retail price, unless canceled. Monthly payment plan available in most locations. Learn more"

pretty sure you are paying for YTTV, because I have youtube tv and its $419.00 for Sunday ticket + RZ

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

"NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone2024 Regular Season. Requires YouTube TV Base Plan. Watch every out-of-market Sunday afternoon game, plus NFL RedZone. Automatically renews every season at retail price, unless canceled. Monthly payment plan available in most locations. Learn more"

pretty sure you are paying for YTTV, because I have youtube tv and its $419.00 for Sunday ticket + RZ

I’m getting Sunday Ticket with no YouTube TV. I go to the YouTube app and the games pop up there along with the rest of the shit that’s available on regular YouTube. 
IMG_0253.thumb.jpeg.3d713c0b681eebaf794299cceca6fac3.jpeg

Second option when you scroll in the link below:

https://tv.youtube.com/learn/nflsundayticket/?utm_source=web&utm_medium=helpcenter&utm_campaign=nflst_presale_apr23_helpcenter_2

5 hours ago, DaysOff said:

The most satisfying thing I did 5 years ago was climbing the roof with my socket set and launching the DTV dish on the driveway and smashing it with a hammer. YTTV for the win.

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Just fyi, when people are mentioning Directv on this thread, they likely mean DStream, not directv satellite

no one has a dish anymore

We definitely fall into the DirecTV Stream (after AT&T Streaming rebranded).

We have one box with remote control and due to buffering, it’s always 15 to 30 seconds behind my friends who’s have other services. (My gambling addict friend’s DirecTV w/ Dish was one of the fastest, but he switched to YTTV.)

When watching on another TV or device that uses the WiFi, you are always ahead of the living room broadcast and you can travel with it… but sometimes you get the local channel(s) rather than the DFW channel(s).

We have an old lady in the house, so having a traditional remote is as far as she can go and even then she’s often frustrated when finding stuff. Roku is likely beyond her. 

2 hours ago, Welch said:

Left Uverse for DTVStream in January.  
Pricing aside, the biggest advantage for any of the DTVS/YTTV/Fubo options over Uverse is the ability to watch anywhere.

Astros games were particularly infuriating.  Want to watch on your laptop?  Nope, no web-based access.  Roku?  Nope, no app.  On your phone while running an errand somewhere?  lol.  If you’re not tied to your set-top box, you ain’t watching it.

The change to DTVS is saving us money every month but even if it weren’t, the improvement in user experience alone was worth the switch imo.

Last year I was able to get into Prime and get the Uverse app, which gave me their content. I don’t know if that is still supported or not anymore. 

The other thing I’m able to do is go directly to the channel app, like espn or whatever, and log in there and it’s asks for the Uverse login. 

I think between the two above I can stream everything but it’s definitely more of a hassle than just having Direct TV streaming. But we don’t stream remotely very often, and at one time the DTV streaming was glitchy. Dont know if they’ve fixed that now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

@Dbeasy the DirecTV app, which I assume is the same as the one the DirecTV streaming uses, is fantastic and we get access to it as satellite users. Download it and uses your account login credentials and you’re golden. On a 4K Apple TV it’s fast and very responsive, on the cheapo RokuTV I have it lags but whatever. On my iPhone and iPad it has a great interface and use it when I’m out and about and want to watch a game and it pulls the local affiliates of where you’re traveling to.

Edited by Macklemore

16 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Why in the pure holy hell would anyone need 7-9 TVs?

Why not

I've got two screens in the garage

Two in my workout room

Two in my master bathroom

I want one in my downstairs guest bathroom so I can watch while pissing, but I'm wondering if that might be too much

I've heard that Fubo TV is the best for sports packages but I'm with YTTV and I use Channels DVR for watching everything IPTV and what YTTV allows

https://getchannels.com/dvr-server/

• Hook 'Em 1

The Channels DVR interface also works with my roof-mounted antenna and my SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex 4K ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV tuner to get those Austin over-the-air channels, including the few that are DTV for a 1080P signal with digital audio.  Which is really just FOX, CBS & CW for now.  I still get the lower channel ABC & NBC analog channels though.

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

I’m getting Sunday Ticket with no YouTube TV. I go to the YouTube app and the games pop up there along with the rest of the shit that’s available on regular YouTube. 
IMG_0253.thumb.jpeg.3d713c0b681eebaf794299cceca6fac3.jpeg

Second option when you scroll in the link below:

https://tv.youtube.com/learn/nflsundayticket/?utm_source=web&utm_medium=helpcenter&utm_campaign=nflst_presale_apr23_helpcenter_2

oh gotcha. 

12 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Sling or Fubo are like 50 bucks a month. Why would anyone pay that much for cable? 

Sadly, Fubo is double that for those of us with the the required regional sports fees from both Houston and Dallas.

• Hook 'Em 1

You fuckers with no satellite clearly do not have Spectrum for an internet provider (sadly, the only real option where we're at).  I'm not trusting gameday to an internet service that goes out five times a day.

DTV's platform for watching sports is also much better than any streaming service, very much including YouTubeTV.  I enjoy recording NFL games and speed watching them.  DTV's remotes even have a button for skipping ahead 25 seconds, which is perfect to hit between plays.  You can watch an entire game in less than an hour.  You can't do that with streaming as you can't see the footage when fast forwarding or reversing, and those functions are clunky at best on streaming platforms.  The experience is oddly more like it was in the old days, where you will watch the entire game, including commercials, and you'll fucking ike it or else.   

DirectTV has sucked in many ways since the worst corporation in the history of the United States (AT&T) bought them, but I completely understand why some hang on to it.   We're a big hockey house (Canadian Wife) and the satellite Canadian broadcasts of every Maple Leafs game, complete with local ads, will keep that satellite on our roof until it doesn't work anymore. 

Now paying $340 per month, even for fifteen televisions or whatever it was, I can't wrap my head around.   That's just not even bothering to have a conversation with them.

Just called and cancelled my DIRECTV after 25 years or so.  My equipment is all old obsolete DVR’s, but they want them back. Of course they do those cocksuckers.  I am going to rub my hairy ass against all of them before I drop them off at the UPS store. UPS workers will be collateral damage. 

Also just went and picked up an Apple TV so I can use the multi view feature on FuboTV. That is gonna be awesome on Saturdays. 

Edited by cabowabo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

does anyone have any actual news on the financial terms involved?  who is the greater of 2 evils that we should hate more?
Guarantee it's Disney/ESPN to blame. It always is. it isn't a coincidence they've had this issue with seemingly every provider at some point in time.
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, Macklemore said:

I have 7 TVs with 4K boxes on every TV. DirecTV was the go to provider for power users with multiple TVs in room setups like me 

23 hours ago, Macklemore said:

YouTube TV doesn’t have SCHN for Astros or Rockets. 

Look, man, here's some tough love for you. Quit fucking off over $240/mo for nothing. And I mean absolutely nothing.

For less than $100/mo, you get all the sports you want with FuboTV. Including RSN's, AND you can have up to 10 streams going at once.

Paying that much for directv is fucking stupid as fuck man. Aggy-level reasoning.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

47 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:
does anyone have any actual news on the financial terms involved?  who is the greater of 2 evils that we should hate more?

Guarantee it's Disney/ESPN to blame. It always is. it isn't a coincidence they've had this issue with seemingly every provider at some point in time.

They both are to blame. But this far from dtv's first run-in with trying to not pay market value. Granted, the mouse isn't going to take less either. DTV is in a prime position to fuck themselves in the mouth over this, as a lot (was going to say most, until getting through this thread) of their subscribers absolutely know they have alternatives.

Cut the cord people. It's not difficult, nor a scary thing these days.

I have 7 TVs with 4K boxes on every TV. DirecTV was the go to provider for power users with multiple TVs in room setups like me 

I helped launch DirecTV in 94 and sold literally millions of systems in my career. I had it for 28 years. I had to pay for it after 13 and cut way back. At one time I had a huge 8 TV system with dual dishes and 8 DVRs. I’ve moved totally to streaming and use YTTV, Hulu, Netflix, Philo, and all the others.

DirecTV is trying to save itself. The technology has changed greatly and is much simpler. I suggest calling their customer service and asking for retention and laying it out. They will probably replace your equipment and cut at least $100 out of your bill.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Look, man, here's some tough love for you. Quit fucking off over $240/mo for nothing. And I mean absolutely nothing.

For less than $100/mo, you get all the sports you want with FuboTV. Including RSN's, AND you can have up to 10 streams going at once.

Paying that much for directv is fucking stupid as fuck man. Aggy-level reasoning.

No TNT/TBS or HBO/Cinemax. Did you read my long ass post above? I laid out the reasons why I am with DirecTV and why the others don’t measure up.

9 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

I helped launch DirecTV in 94 and sold literally millions of systems in my career. I had it for 28 years. I had to pay for it after 13 and cut way back. At one time I had a huge 8 TV system with dual dishes and 8 DVRs. I’ve moved totally to streaming and use YTTV, Hulu, Netflix, Philo, and all the others.

DirecTV is trying to save itself. The technology has changed greatly and is much simpler. I suggest calling their customer service and asking for retention and laying it out. They will probably replace your equipment and cut at least $100 out of your bill.

My bill is actually $400 a month without the $60 I get knocked off per month. I call retention every 6 months to a year depending on the length of the promotion discount I am given. I was a regular poster on DBSTalk and know all the tricks about threatening to cancel to get discounts from retention.

Edited by Macklemore

13 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Then fucking get YTTV, and pay $20/mo for the fucking RSN app.

My point remains the same, and directv is still fucking you and making your "reasoning" absolutely stupid.

SCHN does not have a standalone direct to consumer option like Bally’s. I hear what you’re saying overall. This might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for me. YouTubeTV is the best overall option and probably be cheaper to have YouTubeTV AND Fubo accounts going at the same time but if you can’t see how much of a fucking hassle and flood of complaints and bitching I’d get from the wife then I don’t know what to tell you. I have an incredible living room setup with a Savant system that is so easy to use that my technology challenged Mom has no issues when she comes over. I’d have to pay Magnolia to come out and re-program all of my shit. Fuck Disney and DirecTV.

Edited by Macklemore