ESPN Channels and Disney owned ABC affiliates pulled from DirecTV right now

Macklemore

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So like everyone, I got the ESPNs back which is great but I still don’t have the Disney channels, FX and National Geographic.  Not that I ever watch those but was part of the deal to not offer those for DirecTV or something?

DTVStream here - FX channels are back up for me 

• Hook 'Em 1

More details. hurry and get this shit to market…although I fully expect the sticker shock to be quite high…. But hopefully they’ll at least have some good teaser/promo rates.

“DirecTV and Disney are giving customers the ability to tailor their video experience through more flexible options,” the companies said in a joint statement. The companies said DirecTV will be able to bundle and sell Disney channels by genres such as sports, entertainment, and children and family content.

The ability to sell Disney’s channels via genre means DirecTV customers that don’t want costly sports programming won’t be forced to subscribe to those channels.

As part of the agreement, DirecTV will be able to include Disney streaming services Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu in select packages to its subscribers. DirecTV will be charged a wholesale rate to have the ability to sell the services, which also will be offered on an a la carte basis to all subscribers.

DirecTV will have rights to launch a new much-anticipated ESPN streaming service next year at no additional costs to its subscribers.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Holy shit multiverse on YTTV is awesome. When I saw that they picked the games for you, I was bummed. But then I saw that they provide several multi views. It’s incredible. 

37 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Multiview FTW!

Does this cost extra?

Or does it come standard on YTTV?

If you have YTTV and Sunday Ticket do they do a multiview with the local games shown on the affiliate? I have Sunday Ticket without YTTV so I use the YouTube app and it doesn’t show the locally aired games on the multiview which is the only gripe I have with Sunday Ticket on YouTube. If YTTV with Sunday Ticket does give you the local game multiview, I’ll sign up for Sunday Ticket and YTTV next season.

Edited by Macklemore