ESPN Channels and Disney owned ABC affiliates pulled from DirecTV right now

Macklemore

51 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I pay $340 a month to fucking DirecTV because they’re supposed to be the best for sports. They first lose Sunday Ticket last year and now this shit and the beginning of football season. Unacceptable. 

Did you just doxx yourself, Ben Dover? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

whoever is his directtv rep, has to work 1 day a month 

I had to pay a commercial installer myself to do my setup and get the dish, boxes, DVR and other equipment from Solid Signal because the chucklefucks at AT&T who ran DirecTV into the ground had no idea how to pull off what I wanted 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Macklemore said:

I had to pay a commercial installer myself to do my setup and get the dish, boxes, DVR and other equipment from Solid Signal because the chucklefucks at AT&T who ran DirecTV into the ground had no idea how to pull off what I wanted 

LOL awesome.  this entire saga could be its own thread in itself on this site 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I have DirectTV streaming for Astros, Rockets, and it’s the only option in Houston for Bally’s. I hate Dallas, but I’ll gladly take an extra 150 + baseball games especially if they’re paying the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Dodgers, Mavs games, Stars games, and they’re  the only channel that carries the Dave Campbell shows the state finals. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

For those of you using Direct TV, are they your provider for your fax machine and rotary phone as well? 

Hell, when I had this house built I had phone jacks put in on the walls where the TVs would go because that’s how you got DirecTV PPV at the time. Holy fuck. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Hell, when I had this house built I had phone jacks put in on the walls where the TVs would go because that’s how you got DirecTV PPV at the time. Holy fuck. 

we had to go to a local tv repair shop place to get one of their like 3 PPV boxes they had to make sure we could watch Royal Rumble, Survivor series etc. back in the early 90s

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

YTTV and the rest need the ability to match Dish, etc. channel numbers instead of having to scroll so much. If my 86 year old dad wants channel 8, it would be nice if he had a reasonable way to input an 8 and get there. 

So much this. The cord is elderly parents friendly. Streaming? Not so much.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

So much this. The cord is elderly parents friendly. Streaming? Not so much.

Im still trying to explain to my dad how ESPN 3/+ isnt an actual channel. I had drive over to his house and put the SD St/Poke game on for him yesterday

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You answered where all your tvs are.  You didn’t answer why the hell you need all of them.

With YTTV multi view you can easily have 4 in 1 so just get a 70+ inch TV and it’s perfect for CFB Saturday, Bowl games, March Madness, whatever else you like.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The cord cutting thread covers a lot of the comments in here. But the reason I still have Uverse at a terrible price is because I can watch spurs, Astros, Mavs, Rangers, stars and everything else, and do it on one input. If you drop uverse, the internet fee jumps from $65 to $90, taking away some of the savings of jumping to YTTV. Once the spurs and Astros change next year, we switch. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The cord cutting thread covers a lot of the comments in here. But the reason I still have Uverse at a terrible price is because I can watch spurs, Astros, Mavs, Rangers, stars and everything else, and do it on one input. If you drop uverse, the internet fee jumps from $65 to $90, taking away some of the savings of jumping to YTTV. Once the spurs and Astros change next year, we switch. 

Have you considered fubo?

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, troph said:

With YTTV multi view you can easily have 4 in 1 so just get a 70+ inch TV and it’s perfect for CFB Saturday, Bowl games, March Madness, whatever else you like.

only shit thing about it is if you want 3 games, most likely it wont be set up for those 3, but youll get 2 of em

23 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Have you considered fubo?

Id have fubo if they had TNT/TBS for march madness, but it doesnt...so YTTV it is

• Hook 'Em 2

Just get a free trial for YouTubeTV for a week. That’s what I did last year when Spectrum pulled the same shit plus got a discount from the retention department.

And shocker- a deal was reached just in time for NFL week 1 Monday Night Football.

Edited by LonghornSean

I signed up for a FuboTV trial yesyerday after my DIRECTV discounts expired.  Called DIRECTV yesterday and they would only agree to reduce my bill to $150. Fuck DIRECTV. 
My only viable option is FuboTV because of the Astros. Seems pretty good so far, although the stream seems about 45 seconds delayed from my DIRECTV feed.  This annoys me. The Fubo multiview feature seems badass for sports, but only available on Apple TV. Guess I’m headed to Best Buy tomorrow for an Apple TV. 

I have threaten to leave DTV for two years and I get enough of a discount that keeps me around since going to YTTV would only save me about $25 a month. I know it is savings but my old set in my ways lazy self basically decides why change now. This may change things.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Macklemore said:

They knew enough to take $340/month from you, enough to get you to do the installation on your own, and also probably also know how important it is to you to watch the rockets and astros.  Disney also knows about people like you who values TV as much as you do to.  Disney will start their messaging soon to you saying call your provider to let them know how all the shit load of sports content you pay for is important to you so settling on a contract needs to be resolved ASAP.  You’re the poster boy customer for DirectTV and the poster boy customer for the Disney messaging to try to influence DirectTV.

Edited by 89Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1