ESPN Channels and Disney owned ABC affiliates pulled from DirecTV right now

Macklemore

12 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

Will it be back on Saturday before the UTSA game?

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/disney-directv-blackout-espn-abc-rival-services-1236133811/

And the important paragraph in this article:

Earlier this week, DirecTV CFO Ray Carpenter said, “We don’t have any dates drawn in the sand,” as far as clinching a pact with Disney, adding that DirecTV is “not playing a short-term game.”

On 9/5/2024 at 1:16 PM, Sbbruin said:

I'm giving it 2 weeks and then pulling the plug on Directv.

I'll probably let it go a little longer. I'm only paying $107/month to DTV for three TVs but that price ends in December. One kid is off to college this year and the other is only with us 50% of the time and he doesn't watch regular TV. He streams whatever he watches. I've kept DTV for several reasons -- most of our TVs still work great and aren't as "smart" as newer models and I'm not happy with how shit streams currently on Hulu, Netflix, etc in our house. Not sure if we've got Wifi issues (we have a Google Mesh system) but we'd need to address our streaming capabilities before dumping satellite entirely. And the Stars/Rangers were most easily found on Bally's/DTV. The Stars are going to a free app this season and I think the Rangers have -- or they're about to -- cut ties with Bally's as well.

On 9/6/2024 at 6:20 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I believe that would only get you ESPN+.  But I could be wrong.  I only get ESPN+ thru Hulu.

Yes, you only get ESPN+ content, not the live sports events on ESPN TV channels.

Edited by C-Man

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I'll probably let it go a little longer. I'm only paying $107/month to DTV for three TVs but that price ends in December. One kid is off to college this year and the other is only with us 50% of the time and he doesn't watch regular TV. He streams whatever he watches. I've kept DTV for several reasons -- most of our TVs still work great and aren't as "smart" as newer models and I'm not happy with how shit streams currently on Hulu, Netflix, etc in our house. Not sure if we've got Wifi issues (we have a Google Mesh system) but we'd need to address our streaming capabilities before dumping satellite entirely. And the Stars/Rangers were most easily found on Bally's/DTV. The Stars are going to a free app this season and I think the Rangers have -- or they're about to -- cut ties with Bally's as well.

Yes, you only get ESPN+ content, not the live sports events on ESPN TV channels.

Dumb question here but I watch stars and rangers as well on directv.  How can we watch both after new tv deals? It  it just offered  on local channel in dfw viewing area?

Edited by Horn75

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

There could be something like Geico SkyCam or SkyVue (whatever it is...) feed from an ESPN network game on ESPN+.  For the unfamiliar, it has no announcers but it shows everything from the offense's POV from behind the LOS.  I caught part of the Bama game on that feed this past weekend.

5 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

Streaming is way to easy to switch to put up with this BS.  I just dumped DirectTV stream and started up YouTube.TV,  Took 3 minutes and saved 20 bucks a month.   F'm

Yeah I moved to Hulu Live this summer, added two premium channels, got the highest broadband package my provider offered, and it was still lower than my cable bill.

27 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

Dumb question here but I watch stars and rangers as well on directv.  How can we watch both after new tv deals? It  it just offered  on local channel in dfw viewing area?

It's my understanding that there's an app that we'll download to FireTV, FireStick, Roku, Apple TV -- whatever you use to stream to your TV. Or maybe the app will be able to d/l directly to your TV. Not 100% sure. Season starts in about a month so I better figure it out ASAP.

7 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Motherfucking DirecTV. How can they do this to their best customers. Think if you are a bar owner right now.

"best customers".....lulz. Like Disney gave them a few passes they could allocate to their biggest chumps. 

I got a fucking email from DIRECTV yesterday saying they appreciate my loyalty. And that they’re increasing the cost of my monthly service by $8 next month. 

while not offering ABC/ESPN/Disney.

fucking idiots. They just made my decision for me. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 2

57 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I got a fucking email from DIRECTV yesterday saying they appreciate my loyalty. And that they’re increasing the cost of my monthly service by $8 next month. 

giphy.webp

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep I'm finally switching from Uverse to YTTV today. And saving money. Basically was spending extra money for LHN and had no problem doing so, no reason to stick around anymore.

You of all people I would think would already have YTTV as a CFB junkie.  Welcome, you will absolutely love quad box.  Information overload and its fantastic.  

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep I'm finally switching from Uverse to YTTV today. And saving money. Basically was spending extra money for LHN and had no problem doing so, no reason to stick around anymore.

Same boat.  Im with Uverse and tried to go to a lower tier sub now that LHN is gone.  Im not seeing anyway to swith program tiers.  Doesnt appear that they allow that anymore and are not supporting the UVerse boxes much.  Direct Streaming is an option but I may just go to YTTV. 

We ran YTTV a couple years ago concurrently with Uverse so my wife could check out the remote and functionality, and she didnt care for it and we would have lost our internet "deal".  May look back in to it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

and sent it to me AFTER I cancelled (disconnect occurs at the end of the billing cycle).

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2024 at 3:42 PM, Paul Wesley said:

I tried to use the ESPN app on my phone to watch one of the late games yesterday, and it blocked me.  In the past, the app has asked who my cable provider was (it's ATT).  

So even though I had turned off the wifi on my phone and was using a cell signal, it *STILL* gave me an error message saying, "your provider is not available" or something like that.

In other words, just because they're having a fight with the company that gives me cable television, they decided to completely block **all** ESPN access on my phone EVEN THOUGH I WASN'T AT HOME AND WASN'T USING ANY ATT WIFI.

Such bullshit.  

I feel like this could be cross-posted in the "great enshittening" thread.

Dazed And Confused GIF

FYI.  I went to cancel YTTV today as it should be the last day of my trial, but they have already charged me and won't give a refund.  Make sure you cancel a day early if you just want the trial.

8 minutes ago, JBJ said:

FYI.  I went to cancel YTTV today as it should be the last day of my trial, but they have already charged me and won't give a refund.  Make sure you cancel a day early if you just want the trial.

Cancel the moment you sign up. They all give you the option to either cancel immediately, or "turn off renewal" which means you keep your trial subscription until it ends and they don't renew. Never wait til the end of the month to cancel, cancel the moment you sign up so you don't run into those situations. This goes for *everything*.

Probably piling on, but I'm here to confirm that ESPN streams are cut off for DirecTV customers (TxSt vs AzSt).  ESPN+ is working (some directional school vs some directional school), which makes sense because it's a subscription service.

Not ready to dump DirecTV quite yet, so I guess it's a sports bar for me on Saturday.  Or, a cheap ticket.

Edited by jimmyjazz

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Probably piling on, but I'm here to confirm that ESPN streams are cut off for DirecTV customers (TxSt vs AzSt).  ESPN+ is working (some directional school vs some directional school), which makes sense because it's a subscription service.

Not ready to dump DirecTV quite yet, so I guess it's a sports bar for me on Saturday.  Or, a cheap ticket.

Come watch at the tailgate! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I can watch the ASU/Texas State Spanish stream.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Got a link?  Not that I care about the game but I'd be interested if it were a possibility on Saturday.

Should be possible through the app as long as you have ESPN+. You just can’t get the ESPN channel feed  

On 9/9/2024 at 8:44 AM, GreenspointTexas said:

Gonna switch to Fubo today. DTV is offering a $30 credit for people with Dstream to switch to Fubo. Wonder what the story is there

Just be aware that to get that $30 credit they are slipping in a bunch of new terms and conditions like arbitration. I’m suspicious. 

On 9/9/2024 at 11:25 AM, C-Man said:

It's my understanding that there's an app that we'll download to FireTV, FireStick, Roku, Apple TV -- whatever you use to stream to your TV. Or maybe the app will be able to d/l directly to your TV. Not 100% sure. Season starts in about a month so I better figure it out ASAP.

Vixtory+. It’s out. Stars are in it. Mavs are still negotiating. 

On 9/11/2024 at 9:29 AM, Huckleberry said:

We are about to do the same. The remote for yttv so far is suboptimal. 

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Should be possible through the app as long as you have ESPN+. You just can’t get the ESPN channel feed  

I'm on a workstation trying to get work done.  I'm logged into ESPN+.  There are no Spanish language options, there is just the one college football game I pointed out above.

Not trying to be difficult, but my situation may be a bit unique (not on a TV, etc.).

18 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

I have Hulu Live w/Disney ESPN+ package form$89.00 a month. Not sure how many tvs that gives me in total but I’m using 4 currently. I get literally every college game live.

This is likely the way to go. 

26 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Can you not select your own channels for multi view?

Sometimes. 

Why would you cancel it? They are showing college football.