Prediction contest Week 2: Texas at Michigan

Wulaw Horn

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Texas 38

michigan 3

Bonus- how many receiving yards will Michigan get: 138

Texas comes out and just dominates Michigan. Lots of RPO’s, short passes with Texas receivers  getting the ball on the move and messing them up, and 2 uppercuts landed with deep shots for Td’s. On the other side- Michigan has nothing for us and is futile with each QB. We leave this week looking like the best team since 05. 

Just to be clear, this is total receiving yardage, whether it be from WRs, TEs, RBs or Mazi Smith, right?  I’m seeing responses from those with questionable reading comprehension that suggests it’s WRs only. 

21 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

200+ and 250+ yards receiving? For Michigan?

Battered Longhorn Syndrome is real.

Texas 33
Michigan 16

139 yards.

I admit it’s aggressive but they were playing from a lead all Saturday and suspect they’re playing from behind most of 2nd half against us. They’ll have some success with their TEs as they always do, and make throwing to WRs a priority after last week. We have seen one game from them. Passing for 200+ isn’t an accomplishment today and not every game will be a snooze fest like A&M-ND. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Just to be clear, this is total receiving yardage, whether it be from WRs, TEs, RBs or Mazi Smith, right?  I’m seeing responses from those with questionable reading comprehension that suggests it’s WRs only. 

Yes all yards passing to any group for Michigan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I admit it’s aggressive but they were playing from a lead all Saturday and suspect they’re playing from behind most of 2nd half against us. They’ll have some success with their TEs as they always do, and make throwing to WRs a priority after last week. We have seen one game from them. Passing for 200+ isn’t an accomplishment today and not every game will be a snooze fest like A&M-ND. 

Yes- I have them getting as many receiving yards as I do bc I think we are going to step on their throats and they are going to have to throw more- like you say. 

There will be games this year that will push Texas to the limit, but this is not one of those games.   I expect the Michigan coach to be gone after year-3; the shoes are just too big to fill.

Texas 38

Michigan 17

Michigan receiving yards: 142

Texas 49

Michigan 16

UM receiving yards - 162

This will not be close.... Michigan's offense can't just line up and run the ball successfully this year. Texas will control the line of scrimmage.  This is a 3-4 loss Michigan team this year.

Ewers will show up again in a big game.