BC @ FSU

JFKFC

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised, a couple of years ago, that Dabo kept putting Ukunangalelei back on the field after watching him play exactly like this for series after series. I wasn't surprised when he transferred out. I didn't pay any attention to Ore State, since it was so entertaining to watch the entire PAC melting into a puddle.

I was more surprised to see him transfer back into the ACC, when pretty much the whole conference had already seen his lack of actual skill, close up. 

I was not surprised to watch him basically shit all over the field in Fookin' Dooblin. But then I was surprised once again to see his career come full circle and keep getting put back on the field, series after series.

Norvell is toast. Emmett Kelly is spinning in his grave so hard that he's likely already augured halfway to China.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have somehow always been too busy or had something else to do or was focused on a different game or don't have ESPN due to a carriage dispute and have never actually watched DJU play a football game. 

What I'm saying is I love college football more than y'all because it's still a beautiful game for me. 

He’s not fired because they just gave him an extension.
1% chance they win the ACC isn’t unreasonable, and that would still put them in the playoffs. They could still lose two more non conference games (Memphis, ND, UF) and they’d be a top 25 team and likely/probably one of the top 5 conference champions at 9-4 like Oklahoma State was last year, as long as they win the ACC because they will not get an at large spot.

They gave him a huge extension after his season last year and to keep him from going to Bama. $9.87 mil with annual raises thru 2031. 20 fucking 31!

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

DJ uiengegeleiei is maybe the worst college football player I've ever watched that somehow still gets all these major opportunities to start.

Must be hyperbole considering who started a lot of games for us in the past decade. Or that Kenny Trill was once an SEC starter 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Must be hyperbole considering who started a lot of games for us in the past decade. Or that Kenny Trill was once an SEC starter 

I guess what I mean is usually guys who suck transfer down....unless it's aggie. This guy has sucked in multiple places and still gets offers to go to better places, it's confusing.

• Like 1

https://www.tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-fsu-seminoles-college-cfb-acc-norvell-team-roster-schedule-game/2024/9/3/24234590/uiagalelei-quarterback-receiver-yards-breakdown-rushing-passing-loss-boston-college-recap

Florida State compounded a disappointing performance in Dublin with Monday night's worst effort of the Mike Norvell era. The team faced adversity from the opening kick on, going three-and-out to start the game and further wilting from there. The toughness that Norvell has tried to make the staple of his program went out the window as Boston College rushed for over 200 yards. Florida State’s composure and discipline melted on a hot September evening with multiple unnecessary roughness penalties that sucked the life out of an already half-empty Doak Cambell due to the construction. 

The Seminoles did not just lose — they looked disinterested.

6 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I was surprised, a couple of years ago, that Dabo kept putting Ukunangalelei back on the field after watching him play exactly like this for series after series. I wasn't surprised when he transferred out. I didn't pay any attention to Ore State, since it was so entertaining to watch the entire PAC melting into a puddle.

I was more surprised to see him transfer back into the ACC, when pretty much the whole conference had already seen his lack of actual skill, close up. 

I was not surprised to watch him basically shit all over the field in Fookin' Dooblin. But then I was surprised once again to see his career come full circle and keep getting put back on the field, series after series.

Norvell is toast. Emmett Kelly is spinning in his grave so hard that he's likely already augured halfway to China.

Norvell apparently is still in the good graces of the AD, and I believe he signed an extension, which is hilarious in hindsight. 

The funny thing is, Gerry said he ran into an FSU guy who said this year's defense is probably better than last years. Lol k. Only we can make that claim, son! If FSU isn't 6-6/5-7 at the end of the season I'll be floored. They can't do any worse than their frosh QB who was a top 50 recruit. 

10 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

DJ uiengegeleiei is maybe the worst college football player I've ever watched that somehow still gets all these major opportunities to start.

This is my favorite DJ highlight. The guy is just not a good QB.

Everyone keeps trying to fond the next Cam Newton and have not yet uncovered the next.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

This is my favorite DJ highlight. The guy is just not a good QB.

Everyone keeps trying to fond the next Cam Newton and have not yet uncovered the next.

I have to admit I had not seen that one. It is pretty typical of the play I've seen - hell, errybody seent it - from DJU. 

I can understand why Ore State would take a chance on him, but there is no excuse for Norvell to give him a shot, and worse, to keep him in the game... twice. This might be one of the worst coaching decisions ever. It would - will? - be topped by trotting him out against uhhh Bye next week and then Memphis. 

ohpleasegodplease.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

Chip Patterson asked Danny Kanell if it was fair to drop Florida State out of the top 25. Hahaha.

Kanell also blamed DJU’s struggles on lack of a running game. WTF?! 

They always do this. People flock to the Cover 3 podcast for Seminole tears and they spend 2 minutes talking about it without addressing any questions or comments in the chat.