2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#1 (AP/Coaches)

TKthunder2

If Georgia beats Bama they probably leap us.  Heck, there is a chance if Bama beats Georgia they leap everybody as well.  The Michigan win over USC yesterday helped a lot but the Bama/Ga matchup will be the biggest/best of the early season.   No issue with it, will all be settled out over the season.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

If Georgia beats Bama they probably leap us.  Heck, there is a chance if Bama beats Georgia they leap everybody as well.  The Michigan win over USC yesterday helped a lot but the Bama/Ga matchup will be the biggest/best of the early season.   No issue with it, will all be settled out over the season.  

That’s fine, we’ll get it back on 10/20.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ok so actually we are currently on course for a double Army-Navy Game this year.

https://www.westpoint.edu/news/sports-and-entertainment-news/army-football-join-aac-2024

The historic Army-Navy Game, presented by USAA, will continue to be played annually as a non-conference game on its standalone weekend, the second weekend in December, as Navy is also a football-only member of the AAC.

The AAC championship game, held on the first Saturday of December would create the possibility of Army and Navy playing twice if both programs finished first and second respectively in the AAC regular season. The two programs would meet in exciting fashion in the AAC championship game followed by the Army-Navy Game, presented by USAA, the following week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/22/2024 at 1:58 PM, Huckleberry said:

#5 seed could very well be the best team in the country many years with an upset loss in the CCG.

they seriously have to rethink the seeding in the playoffs.

Like the 4 conference winners and best G5 team all guaranteed playoff spots.

But don't guarantee Top 4 seeds and byes for conference winners.

There's a really good chance the 1 seed is getting fucked over...yes they get the first round bye, but they'll have to play the 5 seed which may actually be the 2nd best team in the nation in a lot of years in the semifinals instead of the title game.

12 minutes ago, Drew said:

There's a really good chance the 1 seed is getting fucked over...yes they get the first round bye, but they'll have to play the 5 seed which may actually be the 2nd best team in the nation in a lot of years in the semifinals instead of the title game.

Who knows how it evolves over time but, at the moment, the 5th seed looks like the loser of the SEC championship game or, perhaps, the SEC team that lost a tiebreaker and didn’t play in the game. 

Maybe the B1G instead of SEC, I suppose. 

What am I failing to consider other than a random banner year for the ACC or Notre Fucking Dame?

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

Who knows how it evolves over time but, at the moment, the 5th seed looks like the loser of the SEC championship game or, perhaps, the SEC team that lost a tiebreaker and didn’t play in the game. 

Maybe the B1G instead of SEC, I suppose. 

What am I failing to consider other than a random banner year for the ACC or Notre Fucking Dame?

Yeah that's why i'm saying the 1 seed gets a bit of screw job here.  But chances are they just beat this team in the SEC title game most years.  Or it's the OSU/Michigan type loser at 5.

5 seed is the sweet spot for a non conference winner.  And 2 seed is the sweet spot for a conference winner IMO.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Yeah that's why i'm saying the 1 seed gets a bit of screw job here.  But chances are they just beat this team in the SEC title game most years.  Or it's the OSU/Michigan type loser at 5.

5 seed is the sweet spot for a non conference winner.  And 2 seed is the sweet spot for a conference winner IMO.

I wonder if they game the seeding to try to avoid that. I mean, I get you need to may need to beat them anyway, but even the networks realize 15-0 Texas and 15-1 Alabama, e.g., is a better final than semi. Will be interesting. 

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

I wonder if they game the seeding to try to avoid that. I mean, I get you need to may need to beat them anyway, but even the networks realize 15-0 Texas and 15-1 Alabama, e.g., is a better final than semi. Will be interesting. 

Would not be opposed to shenanigans in that way.

What's the difference between the 5 and 6 seed when you at that point?

I mean the 6 seed would play the 3 seed and that's enticing

32 minutes ago, Drew said:

So?

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

Wouldn't the 1 seed play the winner of seeds 8 & 9?

In the quarters, then in the semi they'd play winner of 4/5.  And I bet the 5 is heavily favored in that game vs 4 in most years

Edited by Not a cat

12 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Either would also have to jump tOSU as well.

Seems it could end up splitting enough that we don’t change. 

And there isn't really any reason to drop Texas. Unless you're someone that watched every snap of our game and every snap of Bama/UGA. Which won't be a lot of pollsters. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

And there isn't really any reason to drop Texas. Unless you're someone that watched every snap of our game and every snap of Bama/UGA. Which won't be a lot of pollsters. 

They’ll just see that #4 dominated #2. That will be enough for most of them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1