2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#1 (AP/Coaches)

TKthunder2

I figured SMU would get more votes. 2-1 against the P4 now with the loss being tight against #17 and the 2 wins being blowouts. 

We're 19 in both ESPN FPI and SRS on college football reference.

Oh well. Just keep winning. 

• Clemson at #14 (Coaches), and #15 (AP) seems underrated.  
  • If USC beats Penn State in 2 weeks, they have a good path to playoffs.  
  • Hard to believe Notre Dame is rated #13 (Coaches) and #14 (AP).  They are right where they need to be to make playoffs if they win out...

Screenshot_2024-09-29-13-48-12_kindlephoto-5701270.png.149614b38011df9300a206ac283c6e87.png

Probably as good as a place as any to ask…

So if Texas. Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee all finish with 1 loss, how are the Championship Game opponents decided? Is it highest ranked in Committee Poll? Or some convoluted Big XII-esque matrix?

If it’s the latter, I think we’d be on the outside looking in because we’d be 0-1 against the other 3 teams.

*Now’s the part where I hope I’m not overlooking an obvious factor that shows all four teams finishing with 1 loss is impossible

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:
  • Clemson at #14 (Coaches), and #15 (AP) seems underrated.  
  • If USC beats Penn State in 2 weeks, they have a good path to playoffs.  
  • Hard to believe Notre Dame is rated #13 (Coaches) and #14 (AP).  They are right where they need to be to make playoffs if they win out...

Screenshot_2024-09-29-13-48-12_kindlephoto-5701270.png.149614b38011df9300a206ac283c6e87.png

USC comment is why more is better.   Before we were talking about 4 or 5 teams 

14 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

So if Texas. Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee all finish with 1 loss, how are the Championship Game opponents decided? Is it highest ranked in Committee Poll? Or some convoluted Big XII-esque matrix?

If it’s the latter, I think we’d be on the outside looking in because we’d be 0-1 against the other 3 teams.

*Now’s the part where I hope I’m not overlooking an obvious factor that shows all four teams finishing with 1 loss is impossible

Cumulative conference winning percentage of opponents might be the first criterion that weeds out teams. Which probably doesn’t help Texas.

Edited by Doc Daneeka

Well I guess if you are going to fall from #1, only winning by 22 is the best way to do it.

And Army and Navy still both sit atop the AAC and thus still on course to a double Army-Navy game.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

Everyone is fawning over bama winning the “best game in 40 years” or whatever. It was a freaking video game where each team looked like crap at time. My guess is that the winner was going to jump us no matter what.

when we beat GA by 14, will they give us the bump over Bama?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You say a lot of stupid shit and you do it at a rapid, voluminous rate. You’re like a shit howitzer, just fucking blasting the board with constant bullshit. 

drunk trailer park boys GIF

The shit storm is coming!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Still early but:

IMG_0173.jpeg

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You say a lot of stupid shit and you do it at a rapid, voluminous rate. You’re like a shit howitzer, just fucking blasting the board with constant bullshit. 

Voluminous Shit Howizer is either a great band name or a book I'm ready to read.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We actually probably need aggy and OU and Kentucky to win most of their games.  If our 1 loss was to Georgia for example. 

Or... and I'm just spit balling here so stick with me.. there is.. and I know it sounds stupid at first.. the alternative. We just win them all and let God sort it out.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We actually probably need aggy and OU and Kentucky to win most of their games.  If our 1 loss was to Georgia for example. 

Feels like you want everyone on your schedule to beat everyone not on your schedule, in this hypothetical. 

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Feels like you want everyone on your schedule to beat everyone not on your schedule, in this hypothetical. 

Sure. I’m just going with what’s likely. MSU isn’t helping us out. Vandy isn’t helping us out. Florida isn’t helping us out. 
Georgia should, OU and aggy might. Kentucky and arky could go either direction. 

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Or... and I'm just spit balling here so stick with me.. there is.. and I know it sounds stupid at first.. the alternative. We just win them all and let God sort it out.

Of course. We are talking about tie breakers which presupposes we lose a game. No way do we not play for it with 0 losses. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure. I’m just going with what’s likely. MSU isn’t helping us out. Vandy isn’t helping us out. Florida isn’t helping us out. 
Georgia should, OU and aggy might. Kentucky and arky could go either direction. 

Yeah. I think Texas is going to be looking at a 5-7 seed if it comes down to conference winning percentage.

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Of course. We are talking about tie breakers which presupposes we lose a game. No way do we not play for it with 0 losses. 

Good to know. 

I really think Kentucky is going to do more damage this year than people think. 

As far as tie breakers go, losses Georgia and Kentucky are the ones least likely to fuck us I think.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

If we win all the games we are in. Bama and Tennessee play and I can’t take Missouri seriously. 

Missouri is one of those teams I can't buy either. 

I have an extremely illogical concern about Florida. I just can't get over it. It makes zero sense but it looms in my head. I'm guessing its based on their performance in 80s and 90s when I really got into college football which is creating that dumb ass bias.

Edited by BurntEyes

#2 is fine. Gives our guys more ammo to skull fuck ou and Georgia. Us in the SEC championships should be a great game. We both have dudes, but we have the better WR'S and QB. 

Everyone doubted us, but then we  dominated  and were one play away from climbing the  mountain. Sark will have them prepared. Quinn was in year 2 last year, this time he will carve up their shitty defense. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock