2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#1 (AP/Coaches)

TKthunder2

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Some years there are 2 really good teams. Some there are 5. I think this year there is only 1 really good team and it’s us. 

I think we’re plenty good but we really haven’t played anyone. Michigan looks putrid offensively. They could lose 3-4 more games. The combined record of our opponents is 13-13, and that’s being propped up by ULM being 4-1. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I think we’re plenty good but we really haven’t played anyone. Michigan looks putrid offensively. They could lose 3-4 more games. The combined record of our opponents is 13-13, and that’s being propped up by ULM being 4-1. 

This. As always, talk to me in mid/late October.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Texas has more games to win but “haven’t played anyone” is silly when Texas basically names a score with backups and generic game plans. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This is a year of chaos . Illinois looks legit. 

Today's polls are going to be a crapshoot with all of yesterday's losses. 

Bama/Georgia/tenn losses 

Who has played anyone if we haven't?

OSU best win is what Iowa ? 

Oregon best win is fucking Boise

Miami is a joke

Penn State is on the clock but has a sweet schedule 

BYU , Iowa State lol 

Pretty much everyone else has lost already 

Edit - I think big and sec have really made scheduling choices to maximize overall playoff potential leading to a lot of weirdness  

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Bama should be ahead of Miami but behind Oregon and Penn St. Iowa St is garabge. Ole miss with 0 quality wins being ahead of Bama is laughable. Georgia with a loss at 3 and Bama with a loss at 10, good grief, no consistency. 

It will all sort out in 8 weeks.

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

For being a bye week, this was pretty pretty good.

Good for us but also sobering. The calibre of our wins looks much more questionable (especially Michigan losing to a mediocre Washington). Meanwhile Vandy, Arkansas and A&M are looking much better than we thought and now loom large on the second half of our schedule.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

This. As always, talk to me in mid/late October.

“Well ackshually, according to my calculations, we need to reserve having an opinion as fans here, guys.” Right. 

How about we just hold off and catch you back up after the season is over?

You dipshits that post stuff like this, why bother clicking on a thread about current rankings and polls?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Just now, satyanash said:

Good for us but also sobering. The calibre of our wins looks much more questionable (especially Michigan losing to a mediocre Washington). Meanwhile Vandy, Arkansas and A&M are looking much better than we thought and now loom large on the second half of our schedule.

It don't make a shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

“Well ackshually, according to my calculations, we need to reserve having an opinion as fans here, guys.” Right. 

You dipshits that post stuff like this, why bother clicking on a thread about current rankings and polls?

God forbid my opinion or prediction on a website where I am posting under an anonymous pseudonym ends up being wrong. I just couldn't have my reputation ruined in that fashion. Better to be a big puss and hold off having a real opinion.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

you told us klan aggy were BAD and we would win convincingly!

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

“Is this true?”

”Yes, this conference has no dick.”

who ya gonna call?

50 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Missouri shouldn’t be ranked. Iowa State is way too fucking high. So is Miami. And Clemson. I’d bump up Boise State. 

30 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

This is a year of chaos . Illinois looks legit. 

Today's polls are going to be a crapshoot with all of yesterday's losses. 

Bama/Georgia/tenn losses 

Who has played anyone if we haven't?

OSU best win is what Iowa ? 

Oregon best win is fucking Boise

Miami is a joke

Penn State is on the clock but has a sweet schedule 

BYU , Iowa State lol 

Pretty much everyone else has lost already 

Edit - I think big and sec have really made scheduling choices to maximize overall playoff potential leading to a lot of weirdness  

As usual by October, it has become clear that there are not ten teams deserving of being in the top ten, nor 25 worthy of being in the top 25.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

if we get the same zebra treatment missouri received yesterday at pyle, that game becomes a bloodbath

it will be interesting to see if the missouri "curators" tell their AD to roll over and take yesterday's result with no lube; no protest, full clayton lay back and enjoy it

Just now, MirrOlure said:

It just occurred to me that our upcoming opponents went 5-0 with 2 byes. That’s got to be unique for this time of year, due in part of course to not playing every other team in the conference.

Per FPI anyway, Texas has the #9 remaining SOS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

48 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

I'm hoping Vandy will be ranked ahead of aggy.

26 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

holy batconunudrum

i hadn't thought of that

that would be beautiful and increase the entertainment in pat's sec ranking this week

Beats va tech and Alabama, can’t even get on Brett’s ballot. 

11 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

I’ll just say this: Based on what we’ve seen “so far”, I’ll be mighty impressed if Texas runs the table vs a schedule that still includes OU, Georgia, A&M, Kentucky, Arkansas, Vandy, & Florida.  They’ve been good enough that it wouldn’t shock me if it happened, but I would be none too surprised if there’s some L’s on that schedule.  I will also say to go undefeated, this schedule leaves no room for less than their best efforts every single game.  That performance against Mississippi State will not be enough

Perfect analysis !!

I honestly don’t know who’s good in the SEC , I said last week Bama played above their head. Not saying they’re not good but with that crowd and atmosphere once it wears off the better team tends to show itself. Which I think is what happen when Georgia came back. 

I do believe Texas is good but idk how good. I don’t think anyone knows. Ohio State could be the best team in the country but like Texas they haven’t played anyone, we’re going strictly off of eyes test.  We just have to let the season play out. I’d be upset if Texas lost a game yes but I just don’t know anymore. These next two weeks will tell us alot

28 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

I’ll just say this: Based on what we’ve seen “so far”, I’ll be mighty impressed if Texas runs the table vs a schedule that still includes OU, Georgia, A&M, Kentucky, Arkansas, Vandy, & Florida.  They’ve been good enough that it wouldn’t shock me if it happened, but I would be none too surprised if there’s some L’s on that schedule.  I will also say to go undefeated, this schedule leaves no room for less than their best efforts every single game.  That performance against Mississippi State will not be enough

I mean, it's always hard to go undefeated but in a vacuum we should beat each of those teams somewhere between a little nervous but pull away in the 4th and mudhole.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I think we are really good. That said, you cannot exclude Ohio State from that same level unless you just haven’t watched them. Those are the two fastest  teams in the country. 

Discounting Michigan is silly. That game was blanketed in drama heading into it. Defending champ, 110,000 people, Gameday and Big Noon, mega hype. 

Their defense has at least 3 first round picks and likely other draftable guys. 

Then Texas played “name that score” and walked out of there casually. It’s bullshit to denigrate that. Let the pundits and aggies do that. 

I was going to say maybe Ohio state is also really good.  Nobody in the SEC, to me, looks at that standard. I have seen a little of Ohio State and thought they might also be really good, but the Kansas State retread QB has me skeptical.  I need to see it one time against Oregon and then I will sign off on that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/29/2024 at 2:04 PM, JBJ said:

My vote would be:

1) Bama

2) Texas

3) Ohio State

4) Miami

5) BYU

6) Indiana

7) Oregon

8: Penn State

9) Tennessee

10) Georgia

11) Michigan

...it doesn't even matter past this

1) Ohio State - they have a better resume than us rn

2) Texas

3) Indiana - imo the best resume right now

4) Miami - doubts creeping in

5) Oregon - haven't really played as well as people seem to think

6) Iowa State - are playing better than people think, but people can't see them through the corn

7) Penn State - another team with currently a stronger resume than I think they end up

8: Bama- who even knows?

9) Georgia - see above

10) BYU - Another flyover that's been solid

11) Ole Miss- maybe is good, but that resume

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBJ said:

1) Ohio State - they have a better resume than us rn

2) Texas

3) Indiana - imo the best resume right now

4) Miami - doubts creeping in

5) Oregon - haven't really played as well as people seem to think

6) Iowa State - are playing better than people think, but people can't see them through the corn

7) Penn State - another team with currently a stronger resume than I think they end up

8: Bama- who even knows?

9) Georgia - see above

10) BYU - Another flyover that's been solid

11) Ole Miss- maybe is good, but that resume

Looking at their schedule, not sure about the Indiana thing, but the rest seems reasonable.