2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#1 (AP/Coaches)

TKthunder2

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

I don't understand your point. 

Just because we talk about the polls and are interested in them doesn't mean they have any practical impact.

When did I say they do? I was responding to people with issues about Georgias ranking. Texas is 1 idgaf. I don’t understand your point. 

8 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Trip to Nashville and the game vs Kentucky aren’t the “circle the calendar” games in August that most (me too) thought. Thank you Bama for the example to prime our team.

Hook’em!!!

Oklahoma is ranked and is our major rival, our players and coaches aren’t going to sleepwalk into the Cotton Bowl

Georgia will be a top 10 matchup at home likely with Gameday, they aren’t overlooking that one.

Vandy just upset #1 Alabama in Nashville, that helps the coaches show the team that we can’t look past them.

Copy/Paste the above for:

Arkansas beating #4 Tennessee 
Kentucky beating #6 Ole Miss (plus playing #1 UGA close)
aggy beating #9 Mizzou

Only Florida doesn’t have a readymade storyline for the coaches to sell.

• Hook 'Em 7

We control our own destiny, no
loss.. Our 1sr year in the SEC  lighring the tower after we fuck sromp their faces and drag their dead  corpses all over fhe town to show them we're the new Bana and they  better get used run it we're recruiting like them. We have freaks everywhere ready to go to war day in and day out. They a ain't scared of no one. 

The recruits coming in Are even more freak-iah. Jonah Williams. Lockett and Ffrench, James Simon, Ricky Stewart. Myron Charles, Josiah Sharma, Zelus Hicks , and more we can flip *Riley Pettijohn* whom I think we can. Devin Sanchez (long shot I know but he's listening), but Drew can be expected. Sark is big games Hunting, so I exppect a few flips 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, runthebone said:

You guys who are bitching are failing to enjoy the great part, which is the steady ascent of the aggycoaster.

Coaches poll #14         AP poll #15

clickety-clack... clickety-clack  😋

Screenshot_20241007-053334_kindlephoto-1108270.png.26d6785da5ad6719da2cc6ffcbc10eea.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

There are 8 bluebloods: texas, oklahoma, usc, notre dame, alabama, ohio state, michigan, usc, and nebraska. Any other team with a winning history is a new blood. Lsu is a new blood. Fsu is a new blood. Clemson is a new blood. You cannot "become" a bluebood, it something you had to do 100 years ago.

You said usc twice. Is that because you like it?
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Only Florida doesn’t have a readymade storyline for the coaches to sell.

I was worried about this being a "trap game" but Gator is really bad and has no result that says "they could beat you." Of course, neither did Vanderbilt.

They play at Tennessee, Kentucky, then Georgia before coming here. They may be so beat up that it doesn't matter. 

12 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I was worried about this being a "trap game" but Gator is really bad and has no result that says "they could beat you." Of course, neither did Vanderbilt.

They play at Tennessee, Kentucky, then Georgia before coming here. They may be so beat up that it doesn't matter. 

Why would a bad Florida team, running a gauntlet and on the road in a sandwich game between actual rivals for them, be a trap opponent for Texas? I’ve seen this mentioned all offseason and it just doesn’t pass the smell test. Anything can happen, but that doesn’t spell “trap game” by the definition of the term. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Why would a bad Florida team, running a gauntlet and on the road in a sandwich game between actual rivals for them, be a trap opponent for Texas? I’ve seen this mentioned all offseason and it just doesn’t pass the smell test. Anything can happen, but that doesn’t spell “trap game” by the definition of the term. 

Agree. The other post-UGA opponents have sleepers or bye ahead of us, but Florida is not going to focus too much extra on us.

On 10/6/2024 at 9:36 PM, Huckleberry said:

They absolutely have a practical impact on the CFP committee. 

I mean they will come into play on what ~3 seeds in the tournament?  The top G5 rated conference champ + the last two at large seeds as a guess. 

20 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Coaches poll #14         AP poll #15

clickety-clack... clickety-clack  😋

Screenshot_20241007-053334_kindlephoto-1108270.png.26d6785da5ad6719da2cc6ffcbc10eea.png

If they can beat LSU they will make it to uncharted territory in November....

Only twice have we both been ranked in the top 10 for that game (1941 & 1975) so I have no idea what it will be like if they can not go off the rails until we do it to them.

18 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Only twice have we both been ranked in the top 10 for that game (1941 & 1975) so I have no idea what it will be like if they can not go off the rails until we do it to them.

Its possible that if they somehow beat us at Kyle two days after Thanksgiving, we'd have a rematch in the SEC championship game, which would be maximum schadenfreude and this is college football so

21 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

2 loss, lost to Michigan and Minnesota USC??

Ole Miss got their ass beat by Kentucky. UGA lost to Bama lost to Vandy lost to Georgia State. Tennessee lost to an Arkansas team who lost to Alan Bowman. Hell, the AP has lost-to-NIU Notre Dame above them.

It's one of those years. Do you honestly think Iowa State or BYU would beat them?

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's one of those years. Do you honestly think Iowa State or BYU would beat them?

I think them against anyone 10-17 is a toss up yea. It’s a weird year for sure but that USC team isn’t a good loss and shouldn’t be used as a defense for 10. AP got them right I think.

11 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I’d be surprised if it happens but, if it does, those motherfuckers need to be broken in half in memory of Marty Akins’ knee. Fucking fucks. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 10/7/2024 at 9:26 AM, closetojumping said:

Historically with this schedule Arkansas on the road has always been the trap game. They don’t beat Texas a lot but fuck me running when they do, it burns.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/7/2024 at 9:56 PM, texifornia said:

Ole Miss got their ass beat by Kentucky. UGA lost to Bama lost to Vandy lost to Georgia State. Tennessee lost to an Arkansas team who lost to Alan Bowman. Hell, the AP has lost-to-NIU Notre Dame above them.

BYU could absolutely beat LSU at a neutral site. Why would you think otherwise? Beating SMU in Dallas is a solid win (even though SMU was still messing with the QB room and played like shit) and Kansas State has drilled their other two B12 opponents and BYU kicked the fucking dogshit out of them. 

I have less of an opinion on ISU but resume-wise I'm not sure what LSU has done that's substantially more impressive than them. 

Caveat - the advanced numbers don't like BYU and they've been very opportunistic/"lucky" but in their two biggest games so far this year they've shown up and got the job done. They're a classic scrappy BYU team and LSU is obviously very talented but not super consistent or disciplined. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Liberty's pathetic schedule:

-Campbell (FCS)

-@New Mexico State 

-UTEP

-East Carolina

-@App State (cancelled)

-FIU

-@Kennesaw State

-Jacksonville State

-Middle Tennessee

-@UMass

-Western Kentucky

-@Sam Houston State

These pussies scheduled an FCS school, went out of their way to avoid scheduling a P4 school, and play 3 other schools that were very recently FCS teams (SHSU, Kenn State, Jax State).

Last year, they had a similar schedule. They campaigned for inclusion in the NY6 bowls and they got it, without having beaten a team with a pulse. Oregon killed them 45-6 in the biggest snoozer of a bowl game of the year. They weren't competitive for any moment in the game. 

They're starting to push for inclusion in the CFP. Childers was heralding them as a force this morning on Full Ride. Conference USA is the worst conference in the country, and by a wide margin. Reject these gutless impostors and tell them to enjoy the Bahamas Bowl and fuck off otherwise. 

Or let them be the 12th seed if Texas is seeded at 5. Thanks.

That overtime home win against mighty Florida International didn't inspire you?

Also a radio host seriously used that game as an example of an emerging "force"?

Edited by texifornia

ULM has as good of a resume as any.

Their only lost is to #1 Texas but has wins over at the time an undefeated JMU who beat Carolina and is ranked #9 in that group of 5.

Tulane or Boise State is probably the best choice though. 

Next year they should have a G5 play in. That'd be dope. 

3 hours ago, D3zii said:

ULM has as good of a resume as any.

Their only lost is to #1 Texas but has wins over at the time an undefeated JMU who beat Carolina and is ranked #9 in that group of 5. 

Sounds like they have the 2nd BEST LOSS. Aggy has the BEST LOSS. Everyone is talking about it.