2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#1 (AP/Coaches)

TKthunder2

I think there’d have to be a ton of carnage at the G5 level for an undefeated Liberty to get the 12th seed nod. 

Yes - Liberty would need Boise State, Memphis, UNLV, and both Army/Navy to have 2+ losses to get in with their FCS schedule. That conference isn’t FCS, but a majority of them all were FCS within the last the last 5 years.

Hook’em!!!

Historically with this schedule Arkansas on the road has always been the trap game. They don’t beat Texas a lot but fuck me running when they do, it burns.

Back in the SWC days, Arkansas always wanted our matchup the week following Red River. The ‘69 game was moved to the end of the season because TV dictated it.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Back in the SWC days, Arkansas always wanted our matchup the week following Red River. The ‘69 game was moved to the end of the season because TV dictated it.

Hook’em!!!

That was a huge part of why it was a trap game.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Go Navy! 

There's a real chance that the AAC championship game could be Navy vs Army part 1 with a playoff spot on the line, followed by a rematch the next week for the traditional game.

Let's go, Navy!

USA Navy 1775 Semper Fortis Unisex Kids Youth Hoodie Sweatshirt | eBay

Edited by General Colt
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2024 at 11:09 PM, troph said:

Historically with this schedule Arkansas on the road has always been the trap game. They don’t beat Texas a lot but fuck me running when they do, it burns.

The last time that I went to Fayetteville for a UT/Arkansas game was in 1981.  I have tickets to this year's game.  Think about that.

I you're a youngster, or have erased that game from your memory enjoy these lowlights:

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Rage+1 5

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The last time that I went to Fayetteville for a UT/Arkansas game was in 1981.  I have tickets to this year's game.  Think about that.

I've only been once, in 2021. I will be there this time as well, hosted by Arky in-laws. Feeling good about it.

I don't think this team shits the bed at Arkansas, but a Texas team will. Arkansas fans will discount a Texas win, Texas is supposed to and then they will talk all kinds of shit when Arkansas wins, "no team does less with more than Texass" or some shit like that.

Edited by troph

50 minutes ago, troph said:

I don't think this team shits the bed at Arkansas, but a Texas team will. Arkansas fans will discount a Texas win, Texas is supposed to and then they will talk all kinds of shit when Arkansas wins, "no team does less with more than Texass" or some shit like that.

I hate that OU is our only rival that respects itself enough not to hand-wave a loss to Texas as Texas just doing what it's supposed to do. 

It makes me want to relegate A&M and Arkansas to the trash heap of other teams who have this born loser mentality, like Tech and Baylor. I will never understand that mindset. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I you're a youngster, or have erased that game from your memory enjoy these lowlights:

So... you're bad luck? Might want to skip this one then.

I remember that game. I did not attend but watched it from some friends of my parents lake house in Pine Bluff. Heard way too much woo pig sooie the rest of the weekend. Sucked balls. Pretty much cemented my hatred of pig at the tender age of 12.

Also while we’re talking pig memories, did anyone attend the game around 87 or so where I wanna say it was Brett Stafford that threw a last second touchdown to Tony Jones? I did not attend but was watching with a bunch of people in my shithole apartment at Garden Gate across from Ables with the sliding door opened. West Campus erupted when that catch was made. Made for a glorious party the rest of the day.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Also while we’re talking pig memories, did anyone attend the game around 87 or so where I wanna say it was Brett Stafford that threw a last second touchdown to Tony Jones? I did not attend but was watching with a bunch of people in my shithole apartment at Garden Gate across from Ables with the sliding door opened. West Campus erupted when that catch was made. Made for a glorious party the rest of the day.

As I recall that was a rainy day in Austin.  Watched it at Betos (I think that was the name of the WC joint across from Orange Tree).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Didn’t attend but I remember it well.  Tony Jones with the game winning last second touchdown.  Jones fist pumping after the catch and then camera cutting to Arkansas head coach Ken Hatfield irate throwing his headset to the ground.

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

one of the greatest Texas comebacks... what a game. I was a kid and we had to leave for a fucking wedding. turned off the TV and listened to it on the radio headed into town.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

that 1987 game highlights the importance of rivalries. the season within the season and a lot of Texas fans didn't care to lose A&M or Arky before that, but those dark years in the 80s could always be made a bit better with a win over these toothless fucks and our bumfuck country step brothers from College Station. of course, that didn't happen as much in the 80s as we would like. But go 2-1 vs OU, A&M and Arky and it was at least some sort of salve in an otherwise shit sandwich of a year.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ztejas said:

Also they're our 3rd rival but somehow we're their first.

We're everyone's first rival. We are the death star with more money. Sark is Vader. 

4 hours ago, troph said:

Sark hasn't forgotten that beat down, and I bet he uses it as motivation to fuck their faces and take a Cleveland steamer on their women. 

4 hours ago, TxEx84 said:

Jerry Garcia died.

He never dies. He reincarnated into Phish. 

3 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

I hate that OU is our only rival that respects itself enough not to hand-wave a loss to Texas as Texas just doing what it's supposed to do. 

It makes me want to relegate A&M and Arkansas to the trash heap of other teams who have this born loser mentality, like Tech and Baylor. I will never understand that mindset. 

That's why they're a tier 4 program. Like Miss St, USCe, Vandy. Arky, and Kentucky. 

6 hours ago, tbone_ said:

My first semester at UT. Watched the game from a hot chick's house in Westlake.

5 hours ago, troph said:

one of the greatest Texas comebacks... what a game. I was a kid and we had to leave for a fucking wedding. turned off the TV and listened to it on the radio headed into town.

I was 10 and it is a major core memory not necessarily for the best reasons (my dad is a great man and a great father but he was an Arkansas fan at the time, fortunately my mother raised me right). Hard to believe it's been 37 years, not to mention that game was twice as close to The Game of the Century as it is to today. 

And now that I think about it, that game was halfway between undefeated national championship seasons. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I was 10 and it is a major core memory not necessarily for the best reasons (my dad is a great man and a great father but he was an Arkansas fan at the time, fortunately my mother raised me right). Hard to believe it's been 37 years, not to mention that game was twice as close to The Game of the Century as it is to today. 

And now that I think about it, that game was halfway between undefeated national championship seasons. 

Core memory for me too. I remember thinking our priorities are all KINDS of fucked up going to a wedding on a Saturday during football season.  My folks raised me right at least on that point I guess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Trying to think of there were any four consecutive years as bad as Akers last year plus McWilliams.  

Nah man. There weren't. Nothing to see or lookup.

Assuming you just got out of a 25 year stint in a Siberian prison. 

9 hours ago, Modessit said:
10 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So... you're bad luck? Might want to skip this one then.

I was talking to a guy and his wife that I meet at the Michigan tailgate and mention that my cousin that is joining me to the game attended the 1995 Sugar Bowl, 1996 Fiesta Bowl and 2015? Notre Dame game with me. He interrupts an says why the he'll you bring him to this game. I reply, he did also join me last time to the Sugar Bowl against Georgia. So the question is has he shaken off the bad luck?

13 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

1 . Texas

2 . Ducks

3. Lions

Pen state didn’t look good either against a mid USC team. And barely beat Bowling Green too.  

They probably will be 3 based on no true high ranked undefeated. But I could see them jumped too if Georgia had looked good