2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#1 (AP/Coaches)

TKthunder2

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

They might flip Georgia and OSU based on most recent loss.  But wouldn’t hate it being in that order.  

it’s clearly Texas….Oregon..then those 4. Then Alabama/tennesse/ole Miss and we should be seeing Iowa St mixed in there in the top 10. 

Ole Miss will not be in the top 10…..list again today.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

We’re two spots away from not having playing a ranked team until Saturday.
which is fair.

our schedule has been trash, as it turns out, so far.

Part of that though is that when you have a 19+ point loss (as everybody who has played us does) it's hard to hang around in the rankings if you would normally be 15-25 without said ass kicking.  But yes this week will either be an affirmation or a revision, it is known.  

• Hook 'Em 9

8 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

We’re two spots away from not having playing a ranked team until Saturday.
which is fair.

our schedule has been trash, as it turns out, so far.

Penn St. are four spots from not playing a ranked team.  Agree though that after Saturday it will be a bit different.  Our schedule will then be on par with OSU’s, at that point in time.  Oregon beat Boise State, so I guess that makes their schedule better.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why not?

They're both undefeated with similar results/margins of victory but BYU has played a slightly tougher schedule. They play in the same conference. They have one common opponent that I guess ISU was a little bit better against?

I guess it's just preseason expectations or poll momentum or whatever. 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Others receiving AP Top 25 votes:

Vanderbilt 68, Nebraska 62, Arizona St. 39, Oklahoma 36, Washington St. 32, Iowa 29, Texas Tech 18, Syracuse 13, Arkansas 13, Utah 7, Louisville 6, Southern Cal 5, Liberty 2, UNLV 1.

So I don't follow the bitch-12 anymore at all, but wasn't Utah like the leader of the conference a few weeks ago? Was their loss to Arizona that comprehensive that they completely dropped out of the rankings, or is Arizona simply that bad?

3 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

So I don't follow the bitch-12 anymore at all, but wasn't Utah like the leader of the conference a few weeks ago? Was their loss to Arizona that comprehensive that they completely dropped out of the rankings, or is Arizona simply that bad?

Yes. Arizona sucks. 

4 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Rising isn't 100% and they just lost to the other Arizona.

aggy must be hating this.  They need to open the poll 50 times/day to see their #15 ranking for self reassurance, but every time they do they have to scroll past #1 Texas to get there.  

I enjoy an aggy meltdown as much as anybody but the mental gymnastics they go through to prove is Texas is mid, hasn’t beaten anyone and will probably lose to aggy are something else. The polls are no doubt giving them fits.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

In fairness, none of our opponents other than maybe CSU have anyone on their roster who can actually play quarterback.

Didn’t see and highlights of the miss state game with GA. Did they run or throw to get their 31 pts?

I’m not dogging our results at all. Just making an observation.

Just looking at this top 25, there really aren't that many somebodies you can play.

image.png.eb536c4b51df30081d58034c13336558.png

The checked teams would be credible wins, but the unchecked teams could drop out of or to the bottom of the top 25 if they lose one game. It's a strange year. Only a few teams, including us, have been consistently good. I include Ole Miss because I think a win over them means more than their ranking indicates.

• Hook 'Em 4