2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#1 (AP/Coaches)

TKthunder2

15 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The checked teams would be credible wins, but the unchecked teams could drop out of or to the bottom of the top 25 if they lose one game. It's a strange year. Only a few teams, including us, have been consistently good. I include Ole Miss because I think a win over them means more than their ranking indicates.

Agree with your overall point but not sure why you excepted ole miss.  They never wins anything of significance

32 minutes ago, Basil said:

I enjoy an aggy meltdown as much as anybody but the mental gymnastics they go through to prove is Texas is mid, hasn’t beaten anyone and will probably lose to aggy are something else. The polls are no doubt giving them fits.

When a team is much better than the other teams they play it looks like they haven't played anyone good.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

In fairness, none of our opponents other than maybe CSU have anyone on their roster who can actually play quarterback.

Didn’t see and highlights of the miss state game with GA. Did they run or throw to get their 31 pts?

I’m not dogging our results at all. Just making an observation.

ULM is 5-1 

Their freshmen RB is someone we should lure to the portal

5 minutes ago, troph said:

It’s not the most important statistic but weeks at number 1 in the AP is kind of a thing I’m glad to be racking up a few weeks this season. If I recall VY 05 was always 2nd? 

Winsipedia tracks this as a relevant stat and will also show the dates in history in which the ranking occurred, for those interested in looking more closely. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Just looking at this top 25, there really aren't that many somebodies you can play.

image.png.eb536c4b51df30081d58034c13336558.png

The checked teams would be credible wins, but the unchecked teams could drop out of or to the bottom of the top 25 if they lose one game. It's a strange year. Only a few teams, including us, have been consistently good. I include Ole Miss because I think a win over them means more than their ranking indicates.

Why does ole miss mean more than their ranking? Because they beat furman, mid tenn st, wake, GA southern, and SC? Because they played an overrated LSU team close?

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ll tell you what, Diego Pavia can play quarterback.  The Vandy defense won’t stand up vs the Texasrunning game, much less Sark’s schemes and wizardry but Vandy is a better team, and a better coached team right now than several SEC teams and AP top 25 teams.  I’ll be glad to eat this post after the Horns win in Nashville by 24 or more.  First, neuter them Dawgs and their coach poaching coach.  These are some Vegas line beating Horns!  My guys are 85% out of it but have a prayer if there’s a rspid and major turnaround.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Just looking at this top 25, there really aren't that many somebodies you can play.

image.png.eb536c4b51df30081d58034c13336558.png

call-inside-house.gif

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Winsipedia tracks this as a relevant stat and will also show the dates in history in which the ranking occurred, for those interested in looking more closely. 

We have a lot of people who are going to get really scared about this game. Gonna need a mud hole post (and yeah- I know Georgia is too good for a traditionally mud hole post but we got one for Bama last year). 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, troph said:

This will be our third week out of four at 1 this year. 

I think it’s 4 out of 5. 

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We have a lot of people who are going to get really scared about this game. Gonna need a mud hole post (and yeah- I know Georgia is too good for a traditionally mud hole post but we got one for Bama last year). 

One is coming. I thought about OU, but just couldn’t muster the personal concern. One is coming for this week, though. I’ve outlined the whines and rebuttals in my head already. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, heso said:

Why does ole miss mean more than their ranking? Because they beat furman, mid tenn st, wake, GA southern, and SC? Because they played an overrated LSU team close?

Remove the check. It's no matter to me. They just seem more formidable than the dog shit around them in the polls. Mebbe I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

As I recall, that season USC and Texas went 1 and 2 wire to wire.  So the first, last, and only time Texas was #1, was in the final poll.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NCAA_Division_I-A_football_rankings

Yes. According to the AP. But, one week we jumped them in the BCS, and the media acted like we’d forced them to watch their daughter star in a snuff film. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/13/2024 at 3:26 PM, troph said:

It’s not the most important statistic but weeks at number 1 in the AP is kind of a thing I’m glad to be racking up a few weeks this season. If I recall VY 05 was always 2nd? 

Yeah this is our 4th week as AP #1 this season that ties the entire Mack Brown regieme (1 week 2005, 3 weeks 2008)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4