2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#1 (AP/Coaches)

TKthunder2

On 10/13/2024 at 1:24 PM, 89Horn said:

Penn St. are four spots from not playing a ranked team.  Agree though that after Saturday it will be a bit different.  Our schedule will then be on par with OSU’s, at that point in time.  Oregon beat Boise State, so I guess that makes their schedule better.

Penn St always fucking loses to Ohio State and at least another 2-3 losses. They're a fraud 

On 10/13/2024 at 2:04 PM, ApocalypseTexas said:

I get the votes for Penn State ahead of Ohio State but no one putting Penn State ahead is going to bet on Penn State to beat Ohio State 

See above. 

Not even remotely concerned about Georgia. Just like Michigan. We're curb stomping them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We have a lot of people who are going to get really scared about this game. Gonna need a mud hole post (and yeah- I know Georgia is too good for a traditionally mud hole post but we got one for Bama last year). 

usually I am, "welp, this will probably be the week" but....we finally have a D we can trust, fully.  If you have played 6 D1 opponents and are holding teams under 7 points with probably an average of 3 points a game of those 7 in garbage time you are fucking good.  I don't care who the opponents are.  If they are D1 that is all I need to know.

Imma hang my hat on that, which IMO has always been the way to a championship.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

2025 16 weeks (preseason, 12 games, 2 byes, CCG)
2024 4  11 weeks (+6 more games +CCG)
2008 3 weeks
2005 1 week
1984 2 weeks
1981 1 week
1977 6 weeks
1970 6 weeks
1969 4 weeks
1965 3 weeks
1964 3 weeks
1963 9 weeks
1962 2 weeks
1961 2 weeks
1946 1 week
1941 2 weeks

So let it be written, so let it be done

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Kurt, same dumbass, different newspaper . 

IMG_1685.jpeg

I'm actually kinda shocked he has Texas #1 TBH.

Auburn @ Missouri (-4.5)
Oklahoma @ South Carolina (+3)
Alabama @ Tennessee (+2.5)
Texas A&M @ Mississippi State (+15)
LSU @ Arkansas (+3)
Georgia @ Texas (-3.5)
Kentucky @ Florida (+1)

Vegas thinks Bohls is a moron #shocker

59 minutes ago, n64ra said:

We're coming for you 1963 9 weeks!

I'm assuming even with the extended playoffs we still will only have 16 weeks of polls with the one coming out post CCG weekend and the final one coming out post CFP conclusion.

That means we could max out at 12 this year as long as we continue to win since we missed weeks (1-3, & 6) so far.

• Hook 'Em 1

Isn't really poll related but I don't know a better thread to tuck it in.. holy fuq we tend to oscillate between great and busted dog shit
image.thumb.png.f6285b5d21dfd7caea3ec9eb58119043.png

1940-1947 dominance outside of 1946
1948-1958 rapid fire puke
1959-1983 the golden era minus DKRs mid 60s pre-wishbone melt & mid 70s malaise
1984-1997 two decent years in a morass of shit
1998-2009 the second golden age just way too short
2010-2022 two neutral years in a morass of shit
2023-beyond hopefully the 3rd golden age

Need to dig the winning % back up near the .7289 mark we peaked out at in 1983 vs this .704 dungheap we currently have.

Only need to win the next 128 games in a row ;-)

I love watching Army and Navy play and root for them. But do you guys think its an indicator that the overall quality of play in college football has diminished? Army and Navy are essentially always the same team year in year out. The teams they play seem to have gotten much much worse.

College football is still great regardless, and the drama and passion and atmospheres remain top notch

1 minute ago, cmontexas said:

I love watching Army and Navy play and root for them. But do you guys think its an indicator that the overall quality of play in college football has diminished? Army and Navy are essentially always the same team year in year out. The teams they play seem to have gotten much much worse.

College football is still great regardless, and the drama and passion and atmospheres remain top notch

I think it is the opposite. We’re seeing better play across the board because of the portal and NIL. 

Now, neither of those things applies to Army or Navy. I think what you’re seeing with those two is that the QB play for both this year has been phenomenal and that is guiding their records as much as anything. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2024 at 12:17 PM, Pimphand said:

Isn't really poll related but I don't know a better thread to tuck it in.. holy fuq we tend to oscillate between great and busted dog shit
image.thumb.png.f6285b5d21dfd7caea3ec9eb58119043.png

1940-1947 dominance outside of 1946
1948-1958 rapid fire puke
1959-1983 the golden era minus DKRs mid 60s pre-wishbone melt & mid 70s malaise
1984-1997 two decent years in a morass of shit
1998-2009 the second golden age just way too short
2010-2022 two neutral years in a morass of shit
2023-beyond hopefully the 3rd golden age

Need to dig the winning % back up near the .7289 mark we peaked out at in 1983 vs this .704 dungheap we currently have.

Only need to win the next 128 games in a row 😉

That seems like a minor ask

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I think it is the opposite. We’re seeing better play across the board because of the portal and NIL. 

Now, neither of those things applies to Army or Navy. I think what you’re seeing with those two is that the QB play for both this year has been phenomenal and that is guiding their records as much as anything. 

I think you’re on the right track, but can’t help to wonder if maybe talent being paid for (through NIL) upstream isn’t having an effect on the lower end. Combined with the portal and players moving up. In turn, leaving less talented players towards the bottom.

• Hook 'Em 1