2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#2 (AP/Coaches)

TKthunder2

16 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Every time that cunt is allowed to ask a question in Sark’s press conference it should be “yes you there, the stupid guy who didn’t vote for Vince for the Heisman”

You can see Sarkisian calm himself while that dumbfuck yaps. 

1 hour ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

If Notre Dame plays on offense the way they did the other night, they will lose 3-4 games. Not every team is going to roll out the worst QB in college football against them. 

I didn’t see DJU out there for the ags 

• Drool 1

you wanna see drunk...

the Minnesota voter, Randy Johnson has USC as number 2, MIAMI as 3 and ND as 4.   Im actually stunned he puts us a 5... with those 3 picks ahead, i would have firgured he picked ohio state, bama and oregon ahead of us

8 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

you wanna see drunk...

the Minnesota voter, Randy Johnson has USC as number 2, MIAMI as 3 and ND as 4.   Im actually stunned he puts us a 5... with those 3 picks ahead, i would have firgured he picked ohio state, bama and oregon ahead of us

He’s one of those guys that rewards you for who you beat and discards preseason rank as soon as he can. While I think it’s not the best way, my biggest issue with him is that he doesn’t follow his logic with Penn State. If you’re going to do a system like this you need to at least be consistent.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Constant said:

OU’s remaining schedule includes the following ranked teams: #3, #4, #6, #9, #14, and #18.

Cool Cool Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

That's rough.  

In one of Mack's first few years, I think we played UCLA, Nebraska, and K-State... at one point it was like 3 of the top 4 in the AP poll, and maybe all of them on the road (I may be getting the year/teams slightly off, but it was something like that).  

Whatever it was, the OU schedule this year is pretty rough.

17 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

This deserves wider mockery:

Aggy's SEC power rankings after Week 1:

15 South Carolina Gamecocks

14 Mississippi State Bulldogs

13 Arkansas Razorbacks

12 Kentucky Wildcats

11 Vanderbilt Commodores

10 Auburn Tigers

9 Oklahoma Sooners

8 LSU Tigers

7 Missouri Tigers

6 Texas Longhorns

5 Texas A&M Aggies

4 Ole Miss Rebels

3 Tennessee Volunteers

2 Alabama Crimson Tide

1 Georgia Bulldogs

Crack? Is Pat smoking the crack rock? So, fast forward a couple of months. ND loses, then aTm claims it was a fluke they LOST AT HOME? Or, ND wins out to the CFP, does aTm claim they lost to a playoff team? While the whole time they don't recognize they lost AT HOME to a not very good ND team?

That's rough.  
In one of Mack's first few years, I think we played UCLA, Nebraska, and K-State... at one point it was like 3 of the top 4 in the AP poll, and maybe all of them on the road (I may be getting the year/teams slightly off, but it was something like that).  
Whatever it was, the OU schedule this year is pretty rough.

It was his first year 1998. @ UCLA (6) and @ KSU (5) back to back for games 2 and 3 of the season, later @ Nebraska (7) and hosted Aggy (6)
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Crack? Is Pat smoking the crack rock? So, fast forward a couple of months. ND loses, then aTm claims it was a fluke they LOST AT HOME? Or, ND wins out to the CFP, does aTm claim they lost to a playoff team? While the whole time they don't recognize they lost AT HOME to a not very good ND team?

It's a real head scratcher.

Let's check in one some other SEC Power Ranking pundits:

ESPN Power Index
Texas #3
Aggy #10

247Sports
Texas #2
Aggy #11

HoustonChronicle
Texas #2
Aggy #10

AL.com
Texas #2
Aggy #10

Clearly these idiots need to consult with aggy on how to evaluate on-field results and the dominance shown in keeping a ToP 10!@! opponent very, very, very nearly in check for most of the game except for just a few plays here or there, while nearly eclipsing 13 points against what may be the best defense in the history of college football.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

FootballScoop, partnering with Athlon Sports, is proud to present the Group of 5 Coaches Poll. 

image.png.2a907b21ceda592fa125d3f67fae400a.png

Screenshot_20240903-223945_kindlephoto-8009351.thumb.png.f762dca8db0af2fdc494294e47a12413.png

https://footballscoop.com/news/group-of-5-coaches-poll-week-1-2024

This is actually really cool. Please post this weekly. I wouldn’t be surprised if this starts to influence both the committee and the talking heads, making it somewhat important. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Reminder to bookmark this site for breaking down AP poll voting, team and voter history.

https://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/texas-longhorns/2024

https://collegepolltracker.com/football/distribution/2024/week-2

I wish there was a way to see who historically are favorable or unfavorable of certain teams.

For example I think we all know Kurt Bowls has an unfavorable voting pattern for Texas. It would be nice to see that evidence in the data over a long period of time.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I wish there was a way to see who historically are favorable or unfavorable of certain teams.

For example I think we all know Kurt Bowls has an unfavorable voting pattern for Texas. It would be nice to see that evidence in the data over a long period of time.

If you click on voters, under their bio it will list "biases" and you can click "view all" to see more info. According to their methodology, Bohls has a bias in favor of Pitt but no other significant patterns.

https://collegepolltracker.com/football/pollster/kirk-bohls/bias

I haven't notice much valuable info with that function on the website. My guess is over time the data converges to the mean where most votes are enough in line with the overall voting trends that biases aren't as obvious to their formula.

https://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/texas-longhorns/bias

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

There is a ton of bullshit locked into the polls still. Does anyone really believe that 6 of the 7 best teams in the country are in the SEC? That Notre Dame should actually be ranked? That Okie State or KSU should have been moved up?

But sir, the objective FPI has ND at #10!

On 9/4/2024 at 9:01 AM, coachherman'sgrill said:

Aged well

13 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

That Riley cunt from Baton Rouge is salty AF when it comes to Texas.  Even Kurt didn't rank us at 4. 

https://collegepolltracker.com/football/grid

Yeah, he's pretty clearly grinding an axe.  

I think he was one of two people who had Notre Dame ahead of Texas last week... which was already absurd had you watched either of those teams play.  

• Hook 'Em 1

This is a bit crazy to look at. A bunch of these dudes didn't update their votes from last week. Rece Davis, Sean Reidler, Stephen Means, and Steven Johnson still have ND in the top 5 and Tennessee (where the wife went) 14th and below. While you might not agree with where the teams are ranked, it's a crazy that so many people didn't update their ballots when you know that at least some of them presumably watched games.

Edited by Alternate Universe Bobby R

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is a ton of bullshit locked into the polls still. Does anyone really believe that 6 of the 7 best teams in the country are in the SEC? That Notre Dame should actually be ranked? That Okie State or KSU should have been moved up?

If Notre Dame makes the playoffs it is a travesty. They have no business being ranked. None. They ain’t the team. They have zero business. I hope they get their asses kicked again hard, Colorado football is meanwhile:

IMG_1940.jpeg

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, hornbri said:

Moved up to number 2.

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll

1. Georgia

2. Texas (+1)

3. Ohio State (-1)

4. Alabama

5. Ole Miss (+1)

6. Missouri (+3)

7. Tennessee (+7)

8. Penn State

9. Oregon (-2)

10. Miami (+2)

11. USC (+2)

12. Utah (-1)

13. Oklahoma State (+3)

14. Kansas State (+3)

15. Oklahoma

16. LSU (+2)

17. Michigan (-7)

18. Notre Dame (-13)

19. Louisville (+3)

20. Arizona

21. Iowa State

22. Clemson (+3)

23. Nebraska

24. Boston College

25. Northern Illinois

For those in dark mode:

Moved up to number 2.

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll

Georgia

Texas (+1)

Ohio State (-1)

Alabama

Ole Miss (+1)

Missouri (+3)

Tennessee (+7)

Penn State

Oregon (-2)

Miami (+2)

USC (+2)

Utah (-1)

Oklahoma State (+3)

Kansas State (+3)

Oklahoma

LSU (+2)

Michigan (-7)

Notre Dame (-13)

Louisville (+3)

Arizona

Iowa State

Clemson (+3)

Nebraska

Boston College

Northern Illinois

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Alternate Universe Bobby R said:

This is a bit crazy to look at. A bunch of these dudes didn't update their votes from last week. Rece Davis, Sean Reidler, Stephen Means, and Steven Johnson still have ND in the top 5 and Tennessee (where the wife went) 14th and below. While you might not agree with where the teams are ranked, it's a crazy that so many people didn't update their ballots when you know that at least some of them presumably watched games.

7 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Something is fucked up here…

58b9313d65509b7bc40bc0341bb265b0.png

Probably just some data that got cached for too long/didn't get updated.  Looks fine to me now:

image.thumb.png.85157fceaeb01624232e2ddcf90601cc.png

• Hook 'Em 2