2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#2 (AP/Coaches)

TKthunder2

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'd rather stay behind Georgia until they come to Austin. 

Same way I felt about being behind SC in 05.  I'd rather have something to prove than something to defend.

Normally I would agree, but I don't think that matters with this team. 

Edited by Josef Pwag
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Same way I felt about being behind SC in 05.  I'd rather have something to prove than something to defend.

The media freak out the week or two where the composite had us at #1 was fun to watch though wasn’t it?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So he has the number one team barely beating an unranked team and not losing the number one spot?  Ok Brett. Something has to give there. 

Voters, especially AP voters, do not like to change votes until there are losses or big time victories to move teams up or down.   It’s weird how they start with the idea that their preseason order is correct, instead of using the first few weeks at least to refine it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Screenshot_20240915-122533_kindlephoto-11417529.thumb.png.2fbe6103e670d73544c0d26bb4ae3d51.png

Screenshot_20240915-122705_kindlephoto-11508101.thumb.png.9ac61873ee0adbcf45d7184606336dce.png

How is Kentucky not even getting others receiving votes?  This makes no god damn sense. You cannot have the number one team almost lose to an unranked team and either not drop them or move the other team up. The logic doesn’t track. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Hook 'Em 9

Projections...   Top 25 teams moving up, down in Week 4

• Moving up: Oregon

• Moving up: Pittsburgh

• Moving down: Arizona

• Moving up: Memphis

• Moving down: Boston College

• Moving up: Notre Dame

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/college-football-rankings-top-25-teams-moving-up-down-for-week-4/ar-AA1qBTtt?ocid=BingNewsSerp

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

How is Kentucky not even getting others receiving votes?  This makes no god damn sense. You cannot have the number one team almost lose to an unranked team and either not drop them or move the other team up. The logic doesn’t track. 

Because they got destroyed, at home, a week ago against a team that is also not receiving votes.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Because they got destroyed, at home, a week ago against a team that is also not receiving votes.

Well then the adjustment should be to Georgia for almost losing to said team.  
but apparently that game went exactly how a #1 at no votes game is expected to go, so no adjustment needed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Kentucky showed any sane person more than agricultural....but oh well.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Eh. The playoff changed this. I wanted a clear 1-2 undefeated game when you had a winner take all game like 2005, I wanted no doubts when we won then.  

With a playoff it really doesn’t matter, you settle it on the field regardless. Sure it will be cool, if both teams win out, for Georgia-Texas to be 1 v 2. But that’s about all I want. I would rather they lost last night as we took the top spot. 

7 minutes ago, satyanash said:

In a strange way, this makes me happy that Quinn is out. 

There's no way the team can be complacent knowing we have to start our second string QB.

That's not a knock on Arch, I just think the team has to be more focused knowing strange things can happen when playing an inexperienced QB.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to 2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#2 (AP/Coaches)