2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#2 (AP/Coaches)

TKthunder2

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Eh. The playoff changed this. I wanted a clear 1-2 undefeated game when you had a winner take all game like 2005, I wanted no doubts when we won then.  

With a playoff it really doesn’t matter, you settle it on the field regardless. Sure it will be cool, if both teams win out, for Georgia-Texas to be 1 v 2. But that’s about all I want. I would rather they lost last night as we took the top spot. 

I think there's still a huge difference between #1 and every other spot.

• Like 1

Our first time being #1 in the regular season since 2008 I think. And hell I am not even sure the last time we were #1 in the regular season prior to 2008.

I am going to enjoy this this week.

Edit: Ok so the last two times Texas was ranked #1 in the regular season was 2008 and...1984. So a rare honor for us.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Has someone checked on Texags? 

Now that they have won an **SEC** **road** game, they are back on the roller coaster. They think that UT is barely top 10, hasn't played anyone, Michigan will drop out of top 25 next week, and of course, they beating us is a given.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Our first time being #1 in the regular season since 2008 I think. And hell I am not even sure the last time we were #1 in the regular season prior to 2008.

I am going to enjoy this this week.

Edit: Ok so the last two times Texas was ranked #1 in the regular season was 2008 and...1984. So a rare honor for us.

Surely we were #1 at some point in 09. Actually I guess Florida hung on to that till bama face raped them in the sec title game. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

They matter to people who enjoy following college football. Times ranked #1 is a thing that is tracked. Only dipshits with no sense of excitement or humor would look at Texas being ranked #1 and go Debbie Downer on it. 

Enjoy it while it lasts because the winner of the UGA/Bama game seems likely to bump Texas and I don’t think we’ll have a quibble. It gets to get settled on the field irrespective. 

I don't think Bama jumps unless they dominate GA and win by 35+ and Texas has a bad game and doesn't blow out ULM.

If GA destroys Bama, they could certainly take back the top spot regardless of our outcome.

• Hook 'Em 3