2024 CFB polls/rankings - Texas #1 /#2 (AP/Coaches)

TKthunder2

15 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Heh… if it wasn’t for this wonderful cardiologist I woulda been dead 24 years ago. 
I am forever indebted to him.

IMG_4072.jpeg

This.

6 months after my Quinn-tuple bypass, he told me I was lucky to be alive, couldn't believe I could even walk. My heart grew more arteries.

If you're 50ish?, make an appointment.

For me:

image.png.1a635d0d3b7f8f0e8392a140966e8912.png

Dr. Francisco Javier Otero, MD, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Saint Davids Medical Center, Austin.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

You’re on a freaking message board, not Reddit or Discord or whatever the hell other place an old person would think younger people used to talk about college football. 

It was in jest. Every site has older users. Reddit has 73 million people and never ending subreddits. I have no idea about Discord, other than it's a wasteland. 

No need to get cranky, paw paw. Maybe it's time for your vitamins and a nap. It's almost 11. I'll tuck you in. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

It was in jest. Every site has older users. Reddit has 73 million people and never ending subreddits. I have no idea about Discord, other than it's a wasteland. 

No need to get cranky, paw paw. Maybe it's time for your vitamins and a nap. It's almost 11. I'll tuck you in. 

Get the hell off my lawn. And you call that music?

I’ve already had my nap. Though, in my defense, I’ve also walked 12 miles and lifted for an hour and a half. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go watch some Gunsmoke reruns. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Get the hell off my lawn. And you call that music?

I’ve already had my nap. Though, in my defense, I’ve also walked 12 miles and lifted for an hour and a half. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go watch some Gunsmoke reruns. 

NGL, I actually dig me some Gunsmoke. My dad would have it on in the living room when he was doing whatever, and I would go in there and watch it with him. It makes me miss him even more. Such an amazing human being. A true cowboy. The man loved him some Clint Eastwood. 

RIP, dad. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

NGL, I actually dig me some Gunsmoke. My dad would have it on in the living room when he was doing whatever, and I would go in there and watch it with him. It makes me miss him even more. Such an amazing human being. A true cowboy. The man loved him some Clint Eastwood. 

RIP, dad. 

... Googles NGL meaning 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

That antique 42” plasma has a beautiful 720p picture though.

Heck of an upgrade over the first TV I saw in 1950.

IMG_4074.jpeg

Now I want one...

Tht would look dope as fuck in the man cave just for sitting around turning the knobs and pretending the Beav is slaying puss when not saying "Aw schucks, dad!"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

... Googles NGL meaning 

I justhad to myself….

not gonna lie

abbreviation for not gonna lie: used, for example on social media and in text messages, when you are admitting something that might be embrassing, or when you are trying to make a criticism or complaint less likely to offend someone: That was tough ngl. Ngl you really upset me.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PTINS said:

If you're 50ish?, make an appointment.

This is 100% spot on!  

TLDR trigger: I had a major cardio scare in my 50s and now get checked every 6 months. Go get checked!

I know, we are dudes and think we are immortal from our teens to our 50s or 60s. We procrastinate seeing docs, especially cardio. At least I did.

I had my late 50s cardio scare and it freaked the fuck out of me!

Long-time short distance runner (2-4 miles, 2-4 times in most weeks), hiker, and amateur tennis hack, I am generally fit, with same waist size as in grad school -- 31" waist for my 501s. No not a tiny dude, I'm 5'11, 160lbs.

One random day a couple years ago, my heart suddenly had highly irregular rapid heart beat. Thought I was having a fucking heart attack.

Went to ER, nurses and cardiologist ran all kinds of tests: blood, X-Ray, EKG. 

Learned it was not a heart attack, but Atrial Fibrillation. They injected me with a med and it stopped immediately. Cardiologist scheduled me for various tests in the following week. Echo cardiogram, more EKGs, etc.

So far, the A-fib has NEVER happened again. Cardiologist says my heart looks/sounds damn good for my age. Whew!!!!

Thinks the A-fib cause was stress/anxiety from career pressures. And I was dealing with some huge hassles for my projects. So I consciously work to de-stress all the time. De-stress my friends. There are no projects or career issues worth dying for needlessly.

However, I have to carry a couple of tiny pills with me everywhere I go, in case it happens again. 

Feeling great. Even hiked Emery Peak in Big Bend National Park this summer, with 3000+ foot elevation gain.

I see the cardiologist every 6 months to be sure! And it is a huge relief to walk out of his office ... and know my heart is doing okay.

2 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

This is 100% spot on!  

TLDR trigger: I had a major cardio scare in my 50s and now get checked every 6 months. Go get checked!

I know, we are dudes and think we are immortal from our teens to our 50s or 60s. We procrastinate seeing docs, especially cardio. At least I did.

I had my late 50s cardio scare and it freaked the fuck out of me!

Long-time short distance runner (2-4 miles, 2-4 times in most weeks), hiker, and amateur tennis hack, I am generally fit, with same waist size as in grad school -- 31" waist for my 501s. No not a tiny dude, I'm 5'11, 160lbs.

One random day a couple years ago, my heart suddenly had highly irregular rapid heart beat. Thought I was having a fucking heart attack.

Went to ER, nurses and cardiologist ran all kinds of tests: blood, X-Ray, EKG. 

Learned it was not a heart attack, but Atrial Fibrillation. They injected me with a med and it stopped immediately. Cardiologist scheduled me for various tests in the following week. Echo cardiogram, more EKGs, etc.

So far, the A-fib has NEVER happened again. Cardiologist says my heart looks/sounds damn good for my age. Whew!!!!

Thinks the A-fib cause was stress/anxiety from career pressures. And I was dealing with some huge hassles for my projects. So I consciously work to de-stress all the time. De-stress my friends. There are no projects or career issues worth dying for needlessly.

However, I have to carry a couple of tiny pills with me everywhere I go, in case it happens again. 

Feeling great. Even hiked Emery Peak in Big Bend National Park this summer, with 3000+ foot elevation gain.

I see the cardiologist every 6 months to be sure! And it is a huge relief to walk out of his office ... and know my heart is doing okay.

Thanks for raising this. I’m in a stressful job and feel it at times too. Pro Tip: Apple Watch can take EKG’s are your own fingertips and alert for A Fib.

14 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Thanks for raising this. I’m in a stressful job and feel it at times too. Pro Tip: Apple Watch can take EKG’s are your own fingertips and alert for A Fib.

Anyone can diagnose afib. If the pulse is even, however fast or slow, it is not afib. If the timing of the beats feels random, it is afib.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Back in 77 they didn’t do the 1 like in the picture above. The appendage at the top was on the the very top rather than the second from the top, kind of like a 7.

Not true.  I took this the night Earl won the Heisman.  The quality is crappy because it's a picture of a color slide laying on my iPad screen, but it's good enough.

IMG_0049.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

You can see titties on discord.
  • Like 1

That antique 42” plasma has a beautiful 720p picture though.
Heck of an upgrade over the first TV I saw in 1950.

IMG_4074.thumb.jpeg.94542f17137667d9a19a9d5feb5166db.jpeg
Gotdam! I'd love to have that! Working would be a bonus, but not necessary.

Giving me Fallout vibes, would love to do my mancave in that style.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Focht Up said:

I get what you're saying, but in my humble opinion, Vince Young plus any 2 backups would be better.

Especially since he was indestructible. 
He’s the greatest college player I’ve ever seen. I suppose it’s possible if Arch plays in 25 and 26 he will surpass him. I’d bet against it- but it could happen. Like to see it happen. Like to see a 26 season out of arch just to see if it could happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1