Carpetbagging weasel faced smarmy little bitch, Ted Cruz

Posted (edited)

Ted, "Robert Morris?  Never heard of him, never met the man and his wife for dinner and photographs. "

Years ago, Ted needed the mega-church/evangelical of the Houston area for fundraising.  There was pushback from the more prominent preachers and pastors to garner support for Cruz.  Cruz bent over for them, and eventually got their support.  Long story, but when Ted is asked about his relationship with Morris and his Gateway Church, whatever he says will be a lie.  

Edited by YGIFS

17 hours ago, elfenix said:

apparently someone left ted's cash-begging schedule out where it could be found.  deleted off of free speech absolutist twitter, but still available on threadreader

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1803173087644418132.html

the documents disappeared off threaderapp but...

@immamacper your request

https://archive.ph/L5v7h

image.thumb.png.0f90bfd1d5927854c75aeffbaeffbf64.png

image.thumb.png.69ef07ad6ee6773fa4964af82724eee0.png

image.thumb.png.7af0c2e1780bf53337a7408fa3ee43ef.png

image.thumb.png.135144c7aefe4b11e7fe022afaa5ae35.png

image.thumb.png.523a8a6f4d86163ce8cf1342a3352e09.png

image.thumb.png.38d06ee3051c0aefca91489146bc532b.png

image.thumb.png.5be1486389159618772de0d819d3b5c1.png

image.thumb.png.24eaf4ae89e0e45be5f35e6b5ed6c163.png

image.thumb.png.372e4da86aa48ca4b417a7475503df42.png

image.thumb.png.de64a29a1f55d7894cc0e7c523fc5788.png

image.thumb.png.bdd1befc1d8e77c103aaab1863ce10cb.png

image.thumb.png.3277e74b2c0d2137fd246fd70c831354.png

image.thumb.png.83f1a80dbffee154460db43196389144.png

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2024 at 9:04 AM, YGIFS said:

Ted, "Robert Morris?  Never heard of him, never met the man and his wife for dinner and photographs. "

Years ago, Ted needed the mega-church/evangelical of the Houston area for fundraising.  There was pushback from the more prominent preachers and pastors to garner support for Cruz.  Cruz bent over for them, and eventually got their support.  Long story, but when Ted is asked about his relationship with Morris and his Gateway Church, whatever he says will be a lie.  

Colin Allred won't say a word about this.  Won't call out Cruz for his relationship with Robert Morris.

• Rage+1 6

5 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Colin Allred won't say a word about this.  Won't call out Cruz for his relationship with Robert Morris.

And this another reason why Democrats in this state will continue to win the second-place ribbon.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yawn.  Grifter is grifting, news at 10 o’clock. 

There's a reason you don't see detailed, internal candidate fundraising documents leak out much. And it's not because "yawn." It's an embarrassment to the candidate and to his donors. It opens the door to his donors getting harassed. It also gives the opposition some details they can potentially use. For example, asking for money from someone who does significant business in Moscow. 

• Hook 'Em 2

U.S. House 34, 2 State Senate races, a handful of Courts of Appeal bench elections, and about a dozen competitive State Leg. seats that are starved for cash and could make a bit of a difference.  But nope, let's throw $70mm at Allred to lose by 8%+ to a guy who apparently might not be on the up-and-up according to recent news that's part of a 12-year pattern.  

If you can't turn out enough voters who want to oust Ted Cruz (not saying you have to win, just that they need to motivate turn out) you're not going turn out voters in close down-ballot contests, as well. IMO. Also sorry to hear y'all think Allred sucks. I'm in CO so knowledge about Tx politics is limited, and was hoping he'd be a big improvement over Beto.

7 hours ago, Chopper said:

Also sorry to hear y'all think Allred sucks.

I’ve seen too of his ads.  One is the Ted Cruz Lite ad.  You can guess.

#1 Border is scary and Allred has clashed with Biden over it, also, fentanyl.

#2 He grew up poor with a single mom and knows what it’s like growing up poor.

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’ve seen too of his ads.  One is the Ted Cruz Lite ad.  You can guess.

#1 Border is scary and Allred has clashed with Biden over it, also, fentanyl.

#2 He grew up poor with a single mom and knows what it’s like growing up poor.

The only excuse is that they're saving it for an advertising and overall campaign blitz in the fall, which, in my humble estimation, is too late. Still, I've never led or even worked for a political campaign before. It's true that Americans have short memories, though the time is nigh for them to get their shit together and build enthusiasm which would help the campaign raise money for said blitz.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Chopper said:

If you can't turn out enough voters who want to oust Ted Cruz (not saying you have to win, just that they need to motivate turn out) you're not going turn out voters in close down-ballot contests, as well. IMO. Also sorry to hear y'all think Allred sucks. I'm in CO so knowledge about Tx politics is limited, and was hoping he'd be a big improvement over Beto.

Big improvement over Beto? Like him or not, he ran a competitive campaign against Cruz in 2018. Since then, Cruz has become even more unpopular in Texas yet he will clean Allred’s clock by a significantly wider margin. Allred is running the most milquetoast campaign I’ve ever seen. Solid D’s will still vote for him because he’s not Cruz, but he’s doing absolutely zero to excite voters on either side or down the middle. For a big rough football player, he’s taking it easy on wimpy Cruz.

• Hook 'Em 4

Big improvement over Beto? Like him or not, he ran a competitive campaign against Cruz in 2018. Since then, Cruz has become even more unpopular in Texas yet he will clean Allred’s clock by a significantly wider margin. Allred is running the most milquetoast campaign I’ve ever seen. Solid D’s will still vote for him because he’s not Cruz, but he’s doing absolutely zero to excite voters on either side or down the middle. For a big rough football player, he’s taking it easy on wimpy Cruz.
Beto did one thing... he got around Texas. I think that made a huge impact. Talking everywhere, red counties and blue. He actually listened and talked to them. I think it could work for Allred too. His football background will open a lot of doors easier than they opened for Beto. Now, getting his message across, I don't know about that. I think taking some suggestions from Beto might be a good idea. I'm sure suggestion one is to actually have a message.
  • Hook 'Em 6

14 hours ago, tchookem said:
15 hours ago, royiv said:

Beto did one thing... he got around Texas. I think that made a huge impact. Talking everywhere, red counties and blue. He actually listened and talked to them. I think it could work for Allred too. His football background will open a lot of doors easier than they opened for Beto. Now, getting his message across, I don't know about that. I think taking some suggestions from Beto might be a good idea. I'm sure suggestion one is to actually have a message.

It could work for him. The problem is that he’s not doing it. At all. He has no message. He’s not visible. He’s not kissing hands and shaking babies. The dude is invisible. At this point in the campaign, Beto was everywhere. He was generating energy, he was meeting voters, he was holding town halls, etc. It was all getting tons of free media attention, both local and national. I follow politics more than the average bear and I’ve seen nor heard nothing from the Allred campaign since the primary and even then it was just annoying daily texts hitting me up for money. He’s been a totally disappointing candidate so far, IMO. I hope he can pull something together and make it competitive.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

15 hours ago, tchookem said:

I'm sure suggestion one is to actually have a message.

He has a message.

"I oppose Biden on a bunch of things Cruz also opposes Biden on, but my opposition just looks like political opportunism!" 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 6/19/2024 at 1:30 PM, Chopper said:

the documents disappeared off threaderapp but...

@immamacper your request

https://archive.ph/L5v7h

image.thumb.png.0f90bfd1d5927854c75aeffbaeffbf64.png

image.thumb.png.69ef07ad6ee6773fa4964af82724eee0.png

image.thumb.png.7af0c2e1780bf53337a7408fa3ee43ef.png

image.thumb.png.135144c7aefe4b11e7fe022afaa5ae35.png

image.thumb.png.523a8a6f4d86163ce8cf1342a3352e09.png

image.thumb.png.38d06ee3051c0aefca91489146bc532b.png

image.thumb.png.5be1486389159618772de0d819d3b5c1.png

image.thumb.png.24eaf4ae89e0e45be5f35e6b5ed6c163.png

image.thumb.png.372e4da86aa48ca4b417a7475503df42.png

image.thumb.png.de64a29a1f55d7894cc0e7c523fc5788.png

image.thumb.png.bdd1befc1d8e77c103aaab1863ce10cb.png

image.thumb.png.3277e74b2c0d2137fd246fd70c831354.png

image.thumb.png.83f1a80dbffee154460db43196389144.png

• Debate Producer: Just between us, Senator, do you think it's advisable to schedule campaign stops with industry leaders when you have such a low opinion of their product?
  • Sen. Jay Billington Bulworth: My guys are not stupid. They always put the big Jews on my schedule. You're mostly Jews, right? Three out of four of you?
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, tchookem said:

His football background will open a lot of doors easier than they opened for Beto.

Uh, not only do I disagree, but I bet Colin disagrees.  It’s why he feels compelled to repeat “hey, I played in the NFL” over and over again.  Its not like he’s Troy Aikman.

The Beto in a old truck hitting every county wasn’t the first time we’ve seen a Dem for state wide office do it-he just did it better and actually had a competent social media team to help those visits reverberate.  

If I was running a campaign I sure as shit would run the same play (pun intended) unless I had a compelling enough candidate that I could pull off just being in the big cities.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/20/2024 at 1:56 PM, royiv said:

It could work for him. The problem is that he’s not doing it. At all. He has no message. He’s not visible. He’s not kissing hands and shaking babies. The dude is invisible. At this point in the campaign, Beto was everywhere. He was generating energy, he was meeting voters, he was holding town halls, etc. It was all getting tons of free media attention, both local and national. I follow politics more than the average bear and I’ve seen nor heard nothing from the Allred campaign since the primary and even then it was just annoying daily texts hitting me up for money. He’s been a totally disappointing candidate so far, IMO. I hope he can pull something together and make it competitive.

All of this

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I am sorry, but the people of Texas are fucking idiots.

You're not wrong, but Allred hasn't just run a bad campaign. He quite literally hasn't run a campaign, as far as anyone can see. It's some real classic Texas Dem "win the nomination and then give up" shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 5

Just now, wildcat09 said:

You're not wrong, but Allred hasn't just run a bad campaign. He quite literally hasn't run a campaign, as far as anyone can see. It's some real classic Texas Dem "win the nomination and then give up" shit. 

Pretty much.  I don't get why he would waste his time with this.  At least try man.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/20/2024 at 2:42 PM, LCHorn said:

Uh, not only do I disagree, but I bet Colin disagrees.  It’s why he feels compelled to repeat “hey, I played in the NFL” over and over again.  Its not like he’s Troy Aikman.

The Beto in a old truck hitting every county wasn’t the first time we’ve seen a Dem for state wide office do it-he just did it better and actually had a competent social media team to help those visits reverberate.  

If I was running a campaign I sure as shit would run the same play (pun intended) unless I had a compelling enough candidate that I could pull off just being in the big cities.  

Colin is a bad candidate and this was doomed from the start.  He can say things about 'border security' but it won't resonate because those people don't actually give a shit about border security.   His campaign is starting from a losing position and will stay that way.   

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Give him credit, he is slightly less bad than MJ Hegar who spent all of the money on a campaign logo with wings and talking about getting shot down riding motorcycles.   

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Give him credit, he is slightly less bad than MJ Hegar who spent all of the money on a campaign logo with wings and talking about getting shot down riding motorcycles.   

It’s also probably worth repeating (yet again), that these sacrificial lambs are a byproduct of absolutely terrible state party leadership.  There is no one telling Allred, “hey man, you’re doing great work in Texas 32nd and we’re going to flip the house and give you the opportunity for a plum committee leadership position.  Let’s let you simmer a bit more and then run for something state.”  

He’s only 41 and clearly lacks the personal charisma to draw in voters.  It need not be a career killer, however, if he’s continuing to build his resume and acquire chits for a future campaign.  Who knows, maybe there was a deal made and the Biden campaign told him “you’re probably going to lose but we’ll get you a good role in the admin to run off for something in the future.”  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

It's almost as if he's a plant and not a serious candidate. Not even trying to be funny, I don't think most know who he is.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Bad news is he’s gonna blow thru at least $50mm that could have been better spend winning some legislative and appeals seats.  

Yeah, if you give money to Colin, you're an idiot.  It's about as useful as giving money to the Democratic Senate candidate in Missouri or Wyoming or Utah. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Bad news is he’s gonna blow thru at least $50mm that could have been better spend winning some legislative and appeals seats.  

Counterpoint(s)-I doubt he gets to $50m and also I bet he’s not all that attractive to sideline donations, I.e., his donors are contributing elsewhere already.  A dollar saved doesn’t necessarily mean it would be going to a more winnable campaign.  

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

How did he manage to beat Pete Sessions?

Changing demographics - the suburbs swung hard away from Republicans after 2016.  Went from Romney winning it 57-42 to Hillary winning it 49-47 and then Biden won it 2 years after Allred won it, 55-44.  

Just like in the 2010 realignment, a lot of people won solely based on certain demographics moving hard away from the party they used to support. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Changing demographics - the suburbs swung hard away from Republicans after 2016.  Went from Romney winning it 57-42 to Hillary winning it 49-47 and then Biden won it 2 years after Allred won it, 55-44.  

This-it was inevitable it was going Dem, Allred was right place, right time (which can be a skill, quite frankly).  

On 6/20/2024 at 1:56 PM, royiv said:

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, this  dude is a complete f'n zero. Arguably worse than Hegar.  Incumbents (even massive dickbags like Cruz) have the huge advantage  of name recognition.  Beto was a national story and all of those bumper stickers/yard signs/tshirts were everywhere. I would guess 9 out of 10 Texans have zero idea who Allred even is. I  forget his damn name sometimes because you  NEVER hear a word about him and we're 5  months  away from the  election. For all of his flaws, Beto understood that the state 's democratic organization was dogshit,  and he busted his fucking ass to succeed in spite of the  party. I'm in the camp that says  Texas  is still years away from voting blue (if ever),  but this chump is just  going through the  motions. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

He is worse than Hegar, who at least went through the motions. I'm not sure he's even doing that. 

And at least Hegar wasn't running what are essentially Biden attack ads constantly. He not only isn't bringing in any voters, I can almost guarantee you his schtick is going to suppress Democratic turnout overall. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

Allred ain't gonna get a dollar from me.  Because I don't like setting money on fire for no good reason.  I like setting it on fire for GOOD reasons, like chicks and guns and fireworks and barbecue and beer and more chicks and more fireworks.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 2

Just now, Dahobbs said:

I can almost guarantee you his schtick is going to suppress Democratic turnout overall.

I wouldn’t worry about that, his problem is no one is paying attention to his ads, regardless of message.