Carpetbagging weasel faced smarmy little bitch, Ted Cruz

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

For what, I don't see ads, billboards or anything.  And he has raised $27m in the last 2 years

Exactly. I’ve been back to Texas to visit fam and friends a shit ton over the last year, and not one time have I ever seen an Allred billboard or yard sign. 

Hell I saw a ton (well relatively speaking) of Beto signs in Gainesville when he ran and Gainesville/Cooke County is 85% R.

I knew I should have sat next to Allred on that flight from DCA-DAL so I could air my disgust. 

3 hours ago, LCHorn said:

It’s also probably worth repeating (yet again), that these sacrificial lambs are a byproduct of absolutely terrible state party leadership.  There is no one telling Allred, “hey man, you’re doing great work in Texas 32nd and we’re going to flip the house and give you the opportunity for a plum committee leadership position.  Let’s let you simmer a bit more and then run for something state.”  

He’s only 41 and clearly lacks the personal charisma to draw in voters.  It need not be a career killer, however, if he’s continuing to build his resume and acquire chits for a future campaign.  Who knows, maybe there was a deal made and the Biden campaign told him “you’re probably going to lose but we’ll get you a good role in the admin to run off for something in the future.”  

The DNC played a very big part in tapping Allred.  It wasn't so much state leadership.  

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's almost as if he's a plant and not a serious candidate. Not even trying to be funny, I don't think most know who he is.

Roland was all over the state leading up to the primary.  He logged like 8-10k miles in those last two months.  I fully anticipated it would be a run off between he and Allred.  Allred blew his doors off without even trying, which was truly surprising since Allred had no presence in the field.  He blames that on Congress being in session and there's some logic to that.  But since they got out of session, he's been AWOL as well.     

I think the DNC and Allred are trying to appeal to those Rs and independents who just won't pull a lever for a "radical progressive" over Cruz.   They are looking for that crossover vote and not going for the progressive one that Roland appealed to.  And with the D's dismal turnout record in the past decade, DNC seems to be putting its money behind someone that doesn't come off as this great threat to go in and start demanding a bunch of change.  This is why he does a lot of preaching about working across the aisle and bi-partisanship.  Hoping to draw that cross-over vote.   That's the only explanation I can come up with.  

There are those who seem to think he sounds at times like Eric Johnson.  

34 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

The DNC played a very big part in tapping Allred.  It wasn't so much state leadership.  

It's the job of the state to be cultivating candidates.  They should understand that the DNC is not their friend in this regard. 

35 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

There are those who seem to think he sounds at times like Eric Johnson.  

I know you weren't making that claim, but that's hardly a model I'd be eager to mimic.  Johnson is done when his term is up and he's going to be useful only as a Fox News contributor blaming the Democrats for everything. 

8 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

You're not wrong, but Allred hasn't just run a bad campaign. He quite literally hasn't run a campaign, as far as anyone can see. It's some real classic Texas Dem "win the nomination and then give up" shit. 

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pretty much.  I don't get why he would waste his time with this.  At least try man.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

For what, I don't see ads, billboards or anything.  And he has raised $27m in the last 2 years

I’ve seen his two ads a bunch of times on YouTube, in between WWII documentaries, YouTube shows about restoring video game consoles or 80s toys, British metal detecting shows, etc..

I can’t hit skip fast enough, because of the one where he starts out bitching about Biden.

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’ve seen his two ads a bunch of times on YouTube, in between WWII documentaries, YouTube shows about restoring video game consoles or 80s toys, British metal detecting shows, etc..

I can’t hit skip fast enough, because of the one where he starts out bitching about Biden.

I have seen his pop up on random stuff as well.  Bitching about the border/Biden and not attacking Felito who is the easiest candidate to make fun of.   It is like his campaign is designed to lose.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3