That’s not a spleen

Lhorn

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

Don’t we have some FL based attorneys around here? Does FL have limits on damages for medical negligence?

Well, a liver only goes for about $2.37/lb at HEB.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

organs aren't always where you think they would be, but that's one reason to have a CT scan beforehand, and knowing that it is an unusual location, have a very low tolerance for performing this in a minimally invasive manner. If you are doing "hand-assisted", might as well just make it a formal laparotomy.

5 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

I don't know shit about fuck, but I bet I could tell the difference between a spleen and a liver.

Dyslexic surgeon??  

My kid is busting her ass to get into med school and has a pretty decent chance but the competition on paper is pretty fierce. And then you read stories like this guy with all the safety protocols put into place and wonder how in the hell these people make it into med school and obtain licensure to practice. And if the spleen is as big as he said it was, then he should have converted the surgery from a laparoscopy to an open (laparotomy). The recovery wouldn't have been that much longer.

2 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

You’d think a surgeon who went to med school at Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine at Midwestern University wouldn’t make this type of mistake. 

I'll bet a lot money that's not even in Chicago.

And I thought osteopaths weren't allowed to do surgery?  

47 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'll bet a lot money that's not even in Chicago.

And I thought osteopaths weren't allowed to do surgery?  

Point one:  Technically correct - Downers Grove - a suburb

Point two:  100% incorrect.  DO's can go into any field that MD's can.

• Drool 1

9 hours ago, naija said:

organs aren't always where you think they would be, but that's one reason to have a CT scan beforehand, and knowing that it is an unusual location, have a very low tolerance for performing this in a minimally invasive manner. If you are doing "hand-assisted", might as well just make it a formal laparotomy.

I know.  I’m a doctor 

• Like 1