Landman

RPM

I’ll give the show some leeway. There are different kinds of landmen, and there are different kinds of companies. I’ll stick with it unless they try to portray landmen as some of Blackwater private security force. 

Violence on a lease or a drillsite is just insanely rare. Hunting and firearms are often explicitly forbidden. It’s observed because if you violate the lease everybody is out of work. 

The crime problems usually come from transient workers/hanger ons off the clock. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

I’m a Sheridan fan outside of Yellowstone which my wife loves.

We usually know what to expect with his stories.

Looking forward to this.

Apparently my SiL and nephew will be in this show as well, I knew they were in shots with Billy Bob but it didn’t know what show he was filming

On 9/5/2024 at 9:06 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

I’ll give the show some leeway. There are different kinds of landmen, and there are different kinds of companies. I’ll stick with it unless they try to portray landmen as some of Blackwater private security force. 

A show about a field landman would probably not have much mass appeal.

Follow around some 40-something problem drinker as he visits courthouses in scenic locations like Carthage, Big Spring, and Cuero. After he puts in a couple hours, the drama really amps up as he heads to the Chili's in the parking lot of the Hampton Inn he's staying in and attempts to romance the recently-divorced bartender with 4 kids. One episode is just him driving back all day on a Friday to his sad little apartment in San Antonio. But hey, 75 cents a mile reimbursement plus day rate!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

A show about a field landman would probably not have much mass appeal.

Follow around some 40-something problem drinker as he visits courthouses in scenic locations like Carthage, Big Spring, and Cuero. After he puts in a couple hours, the drama really amps up as he heads to the Chili's in the parking lot of the Hampton Inn he's staying in and attempts to romance the recently-divorced bartender with 4 kids. One episode is just him driving back all day on a Friday to his sad little apartment in San Antonio. But hey, 75 cents a mile reimbursement plus day rate!

…all while posting on Surly Horns under the name of…?

• Haha 1