BLOW THAT FUCKING HORN - COMMODORES TAKE DOWN #1 ALABAMA AT HOME ×

2024 NFL season opener: Ravens at Chiefs

Jive Turkey

Just now, The Ace of Aces said:

To be fair we lost to UW because Penix Jr had a top 10 all time college QB performance. 

Yeah alright. Don't want to disrespect Penix. And we fumbled a lot in that game.

But that last drive by OU was a humiliation.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

A season would be a bit much going off precedent.

I agree it seems kind of ridiculous he gets to start G1. Zay Jones just got 5 games for some very minor DV kerfuffle.

Admittedly, I think the league under  punishes players in general, but that exact same bullshit is what killed  a lady with the Ruggs incident. The fact that he left the scene leads me to believe he was fucked up, so I would drop the hammer. Inexcusable behavior. But Goodell is  a  mystery when it comes to discipline. I read he  is waiting until  the legal case plays out, which makes no sense to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

Love X, what a weapon, but he's a twig.  More touches and more hits would not have yielded more production out of him, it would have yielded his ass on the sideline....often.  

We threw to him often, ran jet sweeps with him, and he was our return man. I’m not really sure what else we could’ve done. If anything we targeted him too much sometimes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

but that exact same bullshit is what killed  a lady with the Ruggs incident.

Ruggs was going 150 on a surface street, hit someone head on then sat and watched while she burned to death inside her car. We didn't have to worry about his suspension because he's in prison.

The Ruggs comp is lazy.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Ruggs was going 150 on a surface street, hit someone head on then sat and watched while she burned to death inside her car. We didn't have to worry about his suspension because he's in prison.

The Ruggs comp is lazy.

bullshit. rice was racing at 120 MPH and likely fucked up. He got in a wreck. The fact that nobody died means  fuck all to me. 

According to the Dallas Morning News, the arrest affidavit contends that Rice was driving the Lamborghini Urus 119 miles per hour roughly 4.5 seconds before the six-car crash. The Corvette against which Rice was racing allegedly was going 116 mph.

The speed limit on the highway where the crash happened was 70 miles per hour.

Rice reportedly faces eight felony charges as a result of the crash. Neither the Chiefs nor the NFL have taken action in response to the incident, which exposes Rice to scrutiny under the Personal Conduct Policy.

It’s one thing to drive at excessive rates of speed. It’s another to do it with other cars in the immediate vicinity, especially while (as alleged in the affidavit) making “multiple aggressive maneuvers to get through traffic.”

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

bullshit. rice was racing at 120 MPH and likely fucked up. He got in a wreck. The fact that nobody died means  fuck all to me. 

why are you even bothering? that one incident luckily didn't end with someone being killed equates to lazy comparison in his mind. dude needs jail time and it will be a travesty if he isn't convicted.

10 minutes ago, Blotto said:

The fact that nobody died means  fuck all to me. 

Okay well it means a lot to the NFL and the state of Texas. And probably Rice. And the other drivers that aren't dead. 

I mean it's a 10/10 fuck up vs. an 8/10 fuck up. 

Tbf I didn't realize he caught eight felonies. A season wouldn't be crazy. We agree that him playing tonight is a little wild.

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

How much does Worthy weigh? My arms are atrophied and they're bigger than his 

Something like 165.  

Edit: Confirmed he weighed 165 at combine, 169 when he showed up to camp.  I think we always spiffed him up to 170

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Okay well it means a lot to the NFL and the state of Texas. And probably Rice. And the other drivers that aren't dead. 

I mean it's a 10/10 fuck up vs. an 8/10 fuck up. 

Tbf I didn't realize he caught eight felonies. A season wouldn't be crazy. We agree that him playing tonight is a little wild.

Yeah I didn’t draft him in fantasy for this reason. He better get suspended!!!