2024 Houston Texans Season Thread

tx 3 putt

Let’s just keep the all the game threads in here. instead of a new game thread every week ?

Week 1 - September 8 - Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts - Noon

Week 2 - September 15 - Chicago Bears at Houston Texans (Sunday Night Football) - 7:20 p.m.

Week 3 - September 22 - Houston Texans at Minnesota Vikings - Noon

Week 4 - September 29 - Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars - Noon

Week 5 - October 6 - Buffalo Bills at Houston Texans - Noon

Week 6 - October 13 - Houston Texans at New England Patriots - Noon

Week 7 - October 20 - Houston Texans at Green Bay Packers - Noon

Week 8 - October 27 - Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans - Noon

Week 9 - October 31 - Houston Texans at New York Jets (Thursday Night Football) - 7:15 p.m.

Week 10 - November 10 - Detroit Lions at Houston Texans - 7:20 p.m.

Week 11 - November 18 - Houston Texans at Dallas Cowboys (Monday Night Football) - 7:15 p.m.

Week 12 - November 24 - Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans - Noon

Week 13 - December 1 - Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars - Noon

Week 14 - BYE WEEK

Week 15 - December 15 - Miami Dolphins at Houston Texans - Noon

Week 16 - December 21 - Houston Texans at Kansas City Chiefs (Saturday game) - Noon

Week 17 - December 25 - Baltimore Ravens at Houston Texans (Christmas) - 3:30 p.m.

Week 18 - TBD - Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans - TBD

- All kickoff times are Central time

• Hook 'Em 3

Fucking pumped for this season, hope everyone can stay healthy. 

Gets old watching the same shit with the NFL every week, every year. The chiefs Baltimore game was “Deja vu all over again”. 

As much as I know Ryan’s will pound it with the running game I think he should also spread the field and go 10 personal a lot. 

You have Meche, Woods and Hutchinson behind Nico, Dell, and Diggs. Make it a track meet on offense. I think CJ is comfortable with the 4 wides and going fast down the field. The 2 deep at the skill positions on O is pretty insane. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Stroud & company overwhelming favorites to defend the division title

Actually, they are only the 6th biggest favorite to win the division. The Chiefs, Lions, 49ers, Falcons and Eagles are bigger favorites. Only the Jets and Bengals are behind them. 

Edited by TonyTexas

Had a neutral to both teams joined us at the Texas Michigan game yesterday wearing a Texans jacket. Hilarious that 90% of the reactions from their fans were some variation of, “fuck CJ.” But quickly followed up with he’s ok, he’s helping out Nico. 😂

Edited by YChang

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The national media won’t STFU about Diggs being a distraction. Despite nary a single report from the Texans beat writer indicating anything like that.

He knows he’s going to be here 1 season. The Texans know he’s going to be here 1 season. If it doesn’t work out, he can just leave. 

Team Captain Diggs 

IMG_1777.jpeg

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I know I know. But the petty ass bitch Bills keep promoting this narrative, and the national media mindlessly repeats it. 

I’m not sure any narrative the Bills have on WRs right now is worth the air it takes to express it. 

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Actually, they are only the 6th biggest favorite to win the division. The Chiefs, Lions, 49ers, Falcons and Eagles are bigger favorites. Only the Jets and Bengals are behind them. 

Huh? The Texans can't win any of those other divisions... we have 4 teams in the AFC South, of those 4 teams, we are overwhelming favorites. All sports books are aligned, Texans are only team who are -$ on the juice.

14 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Huh? The Texans can't win any of those other divisions... we have 4 teams in the AFC South, of those 4 teams, we are overwhelming favorites. All sports books are aligned, Texans are only team who are -$ on the juice.

What I’m saying is that there are 5 divisions where the favorite is more “overwhelming” than the Texans.