2024 Houston Texans Season Thread

tx 3 putt

Our defense kicked their ass. Slowik should have run the ball more at the beginning of the game. We were the more physical team, felt like I was watching a UGA game and how they just wear down the opposition. 

I want our pass protection to be better, secondary kicked ass after getting burned last week. Akers fumble was horrible. The play calling was not great at the end of that drive. Should have tried to get our WRs free with play action on 2nd down at the goal line. Way too many penalties. Tank catches that pass midfield where he drops it and Akers doesn’t fumble we score 2 more TDs and are averaging 30 points a game for the first 2 games. Lots to improve, glad we are 2-0. Next week against the Vikings on the road is going to be tough.

Edited by Macklemore

Texans learning how to win ugly against teams they should win against. Positive growth. They used to lose these games regularly.

Bears have no OL. I don't understand how they continue to cycle through coaches, QBs, RBs and not realize they have to build the offense like they think they've built their defense.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Both games have been preseason games, including the Texans players and coaches, the refs, and the coaches/players of the other teams. Luckily individual plays of brilliance have houston up 2-0 and somehow up two games in the division already 

Edited by Fud
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

fun 2 weeks boys, this thread makes it better

i hope they hard look at play calling 

Playcalling was fine, except end of 1st half 3 and out sequence. Play execution wasn't great in some key spots. 

The thing that has to get fixed is Tunsil's false starts on almost every play. I don't know how he gets away with it as much as he does. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Texans learning how to win ugly against teams they should win against. Positive growth. They used to lose these games regularly.

Bears have no OL. I don't understand how they continue to cycle through coaches, QBs, RBs and not realize they have to build the offense like they think they've built their defense.

So you have Hard Knocks bro? Bears are the second smartest team in the league behind the Giants. 

Glad we won, but the OL was trash from the start and Stroud was off starting in the 2Q when the protection was breaking down at will.

Demeco needs to establish a killer instinct. Kicking FGs will work against a rookie QB, but it will not work against KC. 4th and inches vs. a 40+ FGA should be a no brainer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TOR said:

The one on Navigation still there?  Great food.  Although Villa Arcos is probably better.

Yes, it's still there. And no, nothings better.

Ninfa's is the first place I ate green sauce for chip's, Taco's Al Carbon, Shrimp Mariscos, or Queso Flameado, and I'm an old MF. The Ninfarita ushered in a new era of Margarita's, back in the day when everyone had a drank for lunch.

I moved to Houston in 1980 and my mother and Aunt came to visit from Austin. Ninfa's blew them away. Nuff said, for me.

I'm one of the guys that goes to Ninfa's and gets the same thing every time, especially now that I'm back in Austin. I drove to the Sugar Bowl for the express purpose of eating at Ninfa's on Navigation, and some cajun food in Lafayette.

After eating this at 11 in the morning, I couldn't think about food til I got to New Orleans. 

image.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, PTINS said:

I moved to Houston in 1980 and my mother and Aunt came to visit from Austin. Ninfa's blew them away. Nuff said, for me.

I'm one of the guys that goes to Ninfa's and gets the same thing every time, especially now that I'm back in Austin. I drove to the Sugar Bowl for the express purpose of eating at Ninfa's on Navigation, and some cajun food in Lafayette.

Mama Betty's off of Parmer was done by the son of one of the manager's of Ninfas. The recipes are similar. The owner recommended trying a restaurant across from Ninfas on Navigation, El Tiempo Cantina.

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Mama Betty's off of Parmer was done by the son of one of the manager's of Ninfas. The recipes are similar. The owner recommended trying a restaurant across from Ninfas on Navigation, El Tiempo Cantina.

that el tiempo has really fallen off and their pricing has only gone up. i stopped going there a long time ago 

• Hook 'Em 2

Well, offense played badly and defense played great, so just flip-flop from week 1. Games in which this teams hits on all cylinders are going to be sick. I think Chicago's D did well so give them their due.

Just win, baby.

Commanding divisional lead, already. But remember, we were 0-2 this time last year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Chicago’s defense is really good. That was a fistfight that the Texans won. I wish DeMeco had gone for it on that short 4th down. But other than that, they are 2-0 and still pretty healthy. They’ve got a 2 games lead in the entire division as well! You couldn’t ask for too much more this early in the year.

• Hook 'Em 1

The turnaround in the Texans roster over the last two years has been remarkable. When you watch that team last night, there were weapons all over the offensive side of the ball, and on defense there were big, fast playmakers flying around. It was impressive stuff. The penalties can be fixed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Yeah, playing 'poorly' and winning is extremely underrated in the NFL. Fans tend to look down on that instead of understanding the importance of what it says about their team.

well, this team has it in them to play much better. if we sucked and were 2-0, that’s a much different deal all together 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

that el tiempo has really fallen off and their pricing has only gone up. i stopped going there a long time ago 

Never understood how Ninfa’s could not replicate the quality of the original on Navigation with their other restaurants — the same is true with El Tiempo which was started by Mama Laurenzo’s sons after the family lost control of Ninfa’s. Pappasito’s has had no issue replicating the awesomeness of the original on Richmond and Hillcroft at any of their other restaurants. I have been to Pappasito’s in Atlanta and their fajitas are amazing — the only difference than the one’s in Texas is they have white queso instead of yellow. Everything else including the design of the building and automatic tortilla maker is the same.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

The turnaround in the Texans roster over the last two years has been remarkable. When you watch that team last night, there were weapons all over the offensive side of the ball, and on defense there were big, fast playmakers flying around. It was impressive stuff. The penalties can be fixed. 

Caserio has done a masterful job with the roster. Unlike Tricky Rick, who could only draft 1st rounders and routinely drafted 2nd and mid round busts, Caserio has been nails in that regard. Other than Amon Ra and Puka, no other team has drafted better WRs than the Texans with Nico and Tank by using mid round picks. Nico’s extension at $23 million AAV is a steal with him playing at a first team All Pro level. Bullock and Kamari look like steals. While Blake Fisher was not a favorite pick of mine at the time, Caserio is smart to have drafted a cheaper, younger replacement for Tytus when we let him walk next year.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, n64ra said:

I'm not afraid to say I was wrong. How dumb of me to want Young over Stroud.

all sports media wanted bryce over cj

them this stupid shit dropped that he ghosted the manning qb camp … 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/19/cj-stroud-accused-blowing-off-manning-passing-academy-commitment-draft

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/c-j-strouds-link-to-manning-passing-academy-stirs-up-media-squabble

a 100000000 ‘fuck you’s’ to the manning family for not straightening out things at that moment and waiting a year to clarify things. fuck you manning family 

https://houston.sportsmap.com/houston-texans-cj-stroud-peyton-manning-passing-academy-misunderstanding-nfl

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/cj-stroud-manning-passing-academy-rumors

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Caserio has done a masterful job with the roster. Unlike Tricky Rick, who could only draft 1st rounders and routinely drafted 2nd and mid round busts, Caserio has been nails in that regard. Other than Amon Ra and Puka, no other team has drafted better WRs than the Texans with Nico and Tank by using mid round picks. Nico’s extension at $23 million AAV is a steal with him playing at a first team All Pro level. Bullock and Kamari look like steals. While Blake Fisher was not a favorite pick of mine at the time, Caserio is smart to have drafted a cheaper, younger replacement for Tytus when we let him walk next year.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Sometimes the Football Gods give you what you need, not what you want. Stroud was what Houston needed. 

I could not agree with this any more...but I would also add Demeco.  He is just perfect for this franchise and this city.  I would also be remiss if I didn't mention Hannah.  She has done a remarkable job of turning the perception of Cal completely around.  The FUCKING ROOF WAS OPEN IN SEPTEMBER!  The fans have been screaming for the roof to be open for years. She seems to really be plugged into the fans of this team and doing her best to keep them happy.  I've never been happier about this team, that is for sure.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3