2024 Houston Texans Season Thread

tx 3 putt

Just now, yoladu said:

Are the Texans good or shiitty? I have no idea. 

We have an elite QB and an elite WR. We have a shit OL and team wide problem with discipline. The defense is good, but can be had.

The only good team we have played this season, completely beat the shit out of us.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Damn I totally told someone Friday morning it would be 23-20, but didn’t declare a winner 

i ran into a group of buffalo fans last night. told them the texans are inconsistent but if the game is on the line at the clock, stroud or fare bare will be clutch. 

told them to have fun and enjoy the city …

buffalo guy laughing … i’ll be enjoying our victory tomorrow after the game !!!

me : ha, good luck man 

taylor swift suck it GIF

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

We could be 0-5 right now…but we’re not. All of the shit wrong with us right now is fixable, that’s a huge win for tiebreak purposes….

You can't fix the OL in season. They get no push and commit way too many penatlies that kill drives.

Slowik also needs to be relieved of play calling duties if he continues to force the run game with Akers and Ogunbowale, instead of letting CJ throw to Dell, Collins, and Diggs.

The Texans really had a game plan to feature Ogunbowale over Dell and Diggs.

The opposing QB was 9-30 and you had to rely on a 58 yard FG as time expired to win the game is not sustainable play.

Edited by HtownHorn

That 3rd down play call by Slowik was horrendously stupid. Fireable offense if the Texans weren't good. 

The NFL is such a grind. Hard to win pretty these days, especially with the Texans not able to sneak up on people anymore. Nico's injury massively changed what our offense could do today. 

We need Mixon back. Defense made enough stops and they frustrated Josh Allen all day. Much happier with this win then the last two. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

That 3rd down play call by Slowik was horrendously stupid. Fireable offense if the Texans weren't good. 

slowick’s performance so far this season needs to be heavily evaluated and reviewed 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

slowick’s performance so far this season needs to be heavily evaluated and reviewed 

I know he had a couple of costly turnovers today, but CJ is so fucking good and it's clearly not because of Slowik at this point. Our offense is kinda stuck but Stroud still delivers every week. 

It seems that Slowik got too much credit for last year. If he got a job somewhere else I'd feel comfortable with any replacement. 

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

At the Patriots next week, they are really struggling on offense. Give Nico and Mixon the week off if they need it. 

And please for the love of fuck can we get Tank going.

have to step up CJ’s protection. run game needs to be quick hits up the middle, wear them the f down 

I agree, let them both sit next week