2024 Houston Texans Season Thread

tx 3 putt

A big play was Stingley giving up the first down pass on that last drive. Romo said he slipped. Nate Tice talked about Green Bay having a tricky turf, and the importance of getting players to wear the right cleats; he says some players don't like to wear the proper cleats there because they don't look as cool 

5 minutes ago, jet black said:

I would have been fine not running it in 3rd down if it wasn’t 3 & 15. So stupid. 

I would have been fine with him kneeling in the back field if the pass wasn't there. Forcing a 10 yard throw to the sideline that would have been out of bounds if caught, is not helpful.  The FG was a chip shot anyway, if you aren't getting a TD or a defensive penalty, just keep the clock rolling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Not making them burn that last TO was the icing on the cake.

Good point. What I remember, and I only saw the end, was on first and second down, they went for crap run plays that left third and long. That makes sense if you're going to make them burn their third time out, then you take the FG. Hou prob wins, but... GB coulda kicked that FG anyway. I would have gone for a safe pass on first or second down, something with a chance for just one more first down, or a gain or 7 or 8. Get the First down and the game is over. Don't play for a FG with two min left.