Mormons @ Methodists 6pm CT ESPN 2

ztejas

2 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

well if he wins the conference a couple of times this season or in the 18 seasons after he will have accomplished more than mike or if he manages to finish in the top 10 more than one time

Give me the under

Just now, ButtFumble said:

well if he wins the conference a couple of times this season or in the 18 seasons after he will have accomplished more than mike or if he manages to finish in the top 10 more than one time

mike never really accomplished shit of real consequence or meaning other than a lot of spare bowl games that he was about .500 in

He elevated the three shit programs he coached that I can think of. And I don’t know what winning a conference a couple of times is accomplishing more than what Leach and Hal Mumme brought to offense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

What happened to Preston Stone?

Great question. He played pretty well last season. Two games in a row he has been terrible out of the gate. 

they will be in the CCG

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

He elevated the three shit programs he coached that I can think of. And I don’t know what winning a conference a couple of times is accomplishing more than what Leach and Hal Mumme brought to offense. 

that is the problem.....if anyone is a fan of the teams that mike was paid a lot of money to coach they should not give a fuck about what he "bough to offense" they should give a fuck about what he did for their program......and what he did was sling it around with shitty D, special teams, clock management, assistance to help salt away a win, and sword swinging that cost those teams meaningful wins

one top 10 finish, no major bowl wins, no conference championships, and no CCG appearances in 21 seasons is not an amazing coach or a hard thing to top for a good coach

1 minute ago, ButtFumble said:

that is the problem.....if anyone is a fan of the teams that mike was paid a lot of money to coach they should not give a fuck about what he "bough to offense" they should give a fuck about what he did for their program......and what he did was sling it around with shitty D, special teams, clock management, assistance to help salt away a win, and sword swinging that cost those teams meaningful wins

one top 10 finish, no major bowl wins, no conference championships, and no CCG appearances in 21 seasons is not an amazing coach or a hard thing to top for a good coach

Ask Tech fans if they’d rather have had him back. Or Mississippi State fans. Sounds like you’re FoS.

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Ask Tech fans if they’d rather have had him back. Or Mississippi State fans. Sounds like you’re FoS.

Tech fans are some of the dumbest fans in football and do not give a shit about actually accomplishing something.....they would burn their university to have mike talk about MIKE and build a cult following for MIKE at the expense of Tech football....and mike was going to get fired from Mississippi State they play in the SEC SEC SEC they do not give a fuck about pirate bullshit, suits of armor, and dumb ass comments at half time

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I believe I would have swapped out QB’s on that last drive. After he pulled Preston It took two series for BYU to adjust to Jennings. After that he was ineffective.  Swapping back to Preston would have at least forced BYU to counter. Let’s be honest, Jennings wasn’t driving them 60 yards. 

Just now, ButtFumble said:

Tech fans are some of the dumbest fans in football and do not give a shit about actually accomplishing something.....they would burn their university to have mike talk about MIKE and build a cult following for MIKE at the expense of Tech football....and mike was going to get fired from Mississippi State they play in the SEC SEC SEC they do not give a fuck about pirate bullshit, suits of armor, and dumb ass comments at half time

Cool, cool. Who has Tech had that’s better? Leach has more of a legacy in the game. You bring up the “fans of teams he coached” and they wanted him back. But, sure  

You should learn the first rule of holes. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I believe I would have swapped out QB’s on that last drive. After he pulled Preston It took two series for BYU to adjust to Jennings. After that he was ineffective.  Swapping back to Preston would have at least forced BYU to counter. Let’s be honest, Jennings wasn’t driving them 60 yards. 

I agree Preston would have probably been better in the 4th but you don't get to come out and play like shit your first 3 series then get the 4th quarter when the other QB is keeping you in the game. 

Jennings wasn't great but he was good enough to win. The 4th down call in the first half, the fumble on the punt reception and the fumble by Knighton (I think?) in the RZ were all just fucking awful. 

Unprepared, undisciplined football from the jump. D was the only redeeming thing about the game and BYU isn't exactly running Taysom Hill out there.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Cool, cool. Who has Tech had that’s better? Leach has more of a legacy in the game. You bring up the “fans of teams he coached” and they wanted him back. But, sure  

You should learn the first rule of holes. 

as I said fans of THE TEAMS he coached.....not people that are members of the cult of mike that want their university to be known for a clown show coach and not much else......I am not saying that Tech is a major expansion candidate down the road, but having a coach that does card tricks and tells dumb jokes and writes cookbooks is not going to get you into a better conference much less get you to win your division, play in a CCG, make a NY6 bowl or now make the playoffs

Edited by ButtFumble

as I said fans of THE TEAMS he coached.....not people that are members of the cult of mike that want their university to be known for a clown show coach and not much else......I am nost saying that Tech is a major expansion candidate down the road, but having a coach that does card tricks and telsl dumb jokes and writes cookbooks is not going tog et you into a better conference much less get you to win your division, play in a CCG, make a NY6 bowl or now make the playoffs

Oh. Carry on. 

11 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

as I said fans of THE TEAMS he coached.....not people that are members of the cult of mike that want their university to be known for a clown show coach and not much else......I am not saying that Tech is a major expansion candidate down the road, but having a coach that does card tricks and tells dumb jokes and writes cookbooks is not going to get you into a better conference much less get you to win your division, play in a CCG, make a NY6 bowl or now make the playoffs

You mean like Tech fans and MSU fans? Tech fans wanted him back. MSU fans would rather have him.

But, sure, if you define the terms such as those who want him back are clowns and people who don’t are the ones that care about the TEAMS, you might be right… except that’s called begging the question. 

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

You should maybe go look at the records and history of championships of the programs Leach coached before you use these metrics to judge his performance. Meanwhile he revolutionized the way the game is played — both in college and in the pros — and has one of the more impressive coaching trees you’ll find. 

11 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

“The late Mike Leach was inducted into the Washington State Athletics Hall of Fame on Friday night in Pullman.”

https://apnews.com/article/mike-leach-hall-of-fame-05d61efb132e7b18eea9c9895b1957d9

You should go let these dumbfucks know how wrong they are about Leach, how right you are, and how they’re all cultists. 

Did Preston Stone have any better offers than SMU? 

ESPN shows he had offers from Bama, Texas, UF, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, etc...and yet he's at SMU. 

ESPN is obviously dumb. I'm doubting he had an offer from all of those programs but decided on SMU. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

On 9/7/2024 at 10:30 AM, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Did Preston Stone have any better offers than SMU? 

ESPN shows he had offers from Bama, Texas, UF, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, etc...and yet he's at SMU. 

ESPN is obviously dumb. I'm doubting he had an offer from all of those programs but decided on SMU. 

He absolutely had offers like that. 

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:

*New to me.  I just thought Stone was set as the starter. My bad.

Yeah I just meant to clarify that he didn't get thrown in the game because Stone got hurt or benched or whatever. 

3 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Whats with the SMU connection, then? I'm seriously curious since he could have gone and gotten developed elsewhere 

Dallas kid, probably kinda fratty.  Also being TAPPS or whatever, figured he might be big fish in small pond rather than converse.

• Like 1