Chase ATM's give away free money....

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Free money hack: Hand a bank teller a note that says you have a gun. 

But are they going to throw 10,000 people in jail? Shit, I can't even get APD to do come out and stop an active crime.

• Haha 1

I mean yea dumbshits, fraud and all that but WTF Chase.  Why would you ever let funds deposited at an ATM be immediately available for withdrawal....at least in any quantity that exceeded the balance of the account they were being deposited into?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It’s hard to believe that anyone who watches TikTok videos even has checks

I'll do art shows where the local municipality asks for their sales tax cut inside an envelope. I generally pay mine by check. My 20-something-year-old friends probably don't own any checks, so oddly enough they will stuff the envelope with not only cash, but enough coins to turn the thing into a prison bludgeon. I wonder where they even get coins, and do they sit there figuring out what each one is worth?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I mean yea dumbshits, fraud and all that but WTF Chase.  Why would you ever let funds deposited at an ATM be immediately available for withdrawal....at least in any quantity that exceeded the balance of the account they were being deposited into?

Sounds like the same morons who crashed a multimillion dollar mission into Mars because they forgot there was a difference between imperial and metric distances.

9 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I have no clue how Charlie Strong had the mental capacity to have such a prescient thought, but goddamn he was right about social media being the downfall of society. 

Etexhorn13, when you look at the blind squirrel it’s just all about the tradition of finding the acorn.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

and do they sit there figuring out what each one is worth?

I know comedians make fun of this move all the time... but that time where your only actual change is a single quarter and 3 pennies in your car when you  have to pay cash for your midnight  Whataburger run and it comes out to $13.17 

and you give the cashier one $10, one $5, 1 quarter and two pennies...........

and the cashier is just absolutely gobsmacked... trying to figure out why the fuck you just paid 15.27 on a 13.17 bill.....

and you are like... yep 2.10 back. 

and the cashier is still completely lost looking at the 2 bills and 3 coins you gave them

and finally rings its up  gives you back ONE single.... and then just dumps waaaay too many coins in your hand... and you are like wtf... and see that you now have 4 quarters, a nickle, and 5 pennies.

like I have zero fucking clue how the fuck that idiots brain worked.

and yeah thats stupid.... but heres the thing.. as dumb as that cashier was trying to grasp what i was trying to do.... they are still soooo much smarter than these idiots who keep trying to get themselves tik tok famous

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

Are we getting dumber as a society, or is the stupidity just more apparent than it used to be?

Sometimes, I talk to older folks and think, "Thank God kids are better educated these days."  And then I read stories like this one and think, "Fuck, kids are dumber than a steaming pile of shit with a homeschool education from evangelical parents."

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Are we getting dumber as a society, or is the stupidity just more apparent than it used to be?

Sometimes, I talk to older folks and think, "Thank God kids are better educated these days."  And then I read stories like this one and think, "Fuck, kids are dumber than a steaming pile of shit with a homeschool education from evangelical parents."

In the past, idiots who independently invented check kiting could only tell their big brain schemes to their immediate social circle. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

In 500 years, yes. The distant ancestors of the great Hormel Chavez haven't even been born yet.

Don't sell us short. We're making way better progress towards idiocracy than we were in 2006.

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Technically the distant ancestors of everyone who will ever exist have already been born. 

Your ancestors from 200 years ago would certainly be considered distant by most, and since 500 is substantially more than 200, your forced attempt at semantical pedantry has been rejected.

5 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I know comedians make fun of this move all the time... 

Reminds me of when I was the butt of generational humor-- some old(er) guys in the Smokies speculated that I knew nothing about churning butter. In fact I did not, yet remained psychologically unwounded.

I am bewildered by ute's inability to pick up a coin until I remember that it's been the 90s since I grabbed a few quarters before I'd walk out the door. The hell am I gonna buy with 50 cents these days? When they first created US coinage, a cent was worth about a damn dollar now. It'll all either go away at some point, like snuff boxes and boot knives, or else get changed to something useful, like Euro coins or those big 50 Peso coins you could sling like throwing stars.

We must all help each other. For example, once my very young Javascript instructor needed to mail a physical letter, and had no idea how to do it. The rest of the class got quiet. Finally, up stepped the Grey Wolf, me, and I walked him through it patiently, like he did with my fumbling programs. Circle of life.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I have a friend who says she has had to stop writing in cursive in cards she sends to nieces and nephews because she gets complaints that they can't read them. 

Almost all the 20-somethings in our office can't read an analog clock. 

5 hours ago, Deej said:

I have a friend who says she has had to stop writing in cursive in cards she sends to nieces and nephews because she gets complaints that they can't read them. 

In fairness, cursive is bullshit and most people's curly swirly bullshit is unreadable

I'm guessing that 50% of all adults couldn't point towards the north without digital assistance.

I think you are being generous. I’ve personally always had a knack where north is, even without the sun. I guess I subconsciously keep up with it.
  • Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2024 at 7:32 PM, Samson's Wig said:

Think of how stupid the typical surlyhorn poster is. And that they represent a mid-aged graduate of a flagship university.

Then think of how much smarter they are than the average person from the general population. And consider how dumb the bottom half of that distribution is.

In a way, if not this, these people would do something else equally dumb sooner or later. Good to identify them now.