Texas vs. Michigan - 11am on Fox

Pancho

12 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Well stated.

Not as bad as the Big 12 crews, but they've shown a bias in more than one of our games. How great it is to be good enough to prevail regardless.

Would be nice if the SEC refs return the favor when we play them at home.  Unfortunately our conference refs avoid showing overt bias for us.  Would be nice for a change.

little gas station down the road started selling that Delta-9 THC stuff, gonna go buy an eighth and roll a blunt. Haven't smoked in 10+ years, but it's my birthday and Texas just beat the shit out of the defending national champions at their house, I'm gonna get fuuuucked up.

Buyin on lonestar?
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

No, it's more like he forgot to sign the one he left me in his will. I wanted to see Arch make some plays. He's fucking awesome. Get him in there early and often this year. Next year he has to be ready on day one to lead us to a Nat'l Championship. He might need to be ready this year. Get him some playing time in the big games when a hundred thousand people are screaming.

Next year he gets Ohio State in Columbus and Georgia in Athens. His legendary status will be set then.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Texas Jeff said:

Yes they took a travel band, which is maybe 60 folks or so.

Ok. I thought someone posted somewhere they sat them at the top of the stadium but wasn’t sure. Love the Eyes of Texas at the end there especially after a win. We are Texas! Show them! 

1 minute ago, Bookman said:

That was classless for Michigan to run down the score in the last minutes of the game. 

Live game reps for their QB and team. Can't fault it. Don't want it to happen? Stop it. Of course, the refs did help them some ignoring holds throughout the game. We won in dominant fashion.  I'm happy.

2 minutes ago, Escapedgoat said:

National Champs, defending but only in name only. This Michigans teams offense is inept. A Texas high school 6 man team could score more than them and their defense may not be as good as they think. I’ll defer to thinking Texas was and maybe  very very good. (Better than advertised) but we will see soon. Like I said when we see Methlahoma we will know. I like where we are trending and where we are.  

So much the better. Less risk for Manning, more confidence building. That game was over at the end of the third. Quinn had a qreat three quarters. Don't leave him out there to finish that triumph with some quagmire play calling. We want our backups to get quality time, dammit. Now. They may be starting in two weeks.

I'm tired of seeing these posts like -

"Michigan sucks, a Texas HS team could beat them. Their defense may be overrated"

No, their defense isn't overrated. Our team is just that good. We don't have to find out how good we are next week. We found out today they're very, very good. 

The only team that on paper that could beat us MIGHT be Georgia, but they're in our house, and this team is hungry. If this team stays focused and hungry, we're going to the top. We have the players and coaches. 

Also, how fucking cool is it that Arch gets to go butt fuck Ohio State next year in their house? 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Hook 'Em 8

6 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

How about we let the coach that just obliterated the defending national champions wire to wire in their home stadium decide who to play and when to play them, guy.  

You're afraid of a QB controversy? That's not gonna happen. As far as Sark goes, I'd like to hear his reasoning. Quinn needs more reps for next week? Not really buying that.

• Fuck You 6

17 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Fuck no, I'm not joking. Manning had a chance for some quality snaps on a National Stage against the Nat'l Champs and Sark forgot about him... for what, so Ewers could get a couple of extra snaps? Ewers could risk getting a late hit by some pissed off linebacker? or as someone suggested Quinn could fully enjoy his great win? Bullshit. Manning could be a giant part of this team, this season, and he needs to be treated like it. Not as an 3-play afterthought handoff jockey when we're up by 30 pts. We scored 7 points in the second half, btw

Will Ferrell Comedy GIF by filmeditor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I'm tired of seeing these posts like -

"Michigan sucks, a Texas HS team could beat them. Their defense may be overrated"

No, their defense isn't overrated. Our team is just that good. We don't to find out how good we are next week. We found out today they're very, very good. 

The only team that on paper that could beat us MIGHT be Georgia, but they're in our house, and this team is hungry. If this team stays focused and hungry, we're going to the top. We have the players and coaches. 

Also, how fucking cool is it that Arch gets to go butt fuck Ohio State next year in their house? 

Agreed. We are good and maybe very very good. Don’t sleep on the damn Sooners. I want us to quit with this end of the game bullshit with them and want to put their mouths on the curb and stomp out their 4 teeth they have left and beat them soundly. The Georgia game will be amazing. We will know then how good we are. Enjoy this. I hope we have the beginnings of a memorable season here. 👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Fuck no, I'm not joking. Manning had a chance for some quality snaps on a National Stage against the Nat'l Champs and Sark forgot about him... for what, so Ewers could get a couple of extra snaps? Ewers could risk getting a late hit by some pissed off linebacker? or as someone suggested Quinn could fully enjoy his great win? Bullshit. Manning could be a giant part of this team, this season, and he needs to be treated like it. Not as an 3-play afterthought handoff jockey when we're up by 30 pts. We scored 7 points in the second half, btw

Are you 14 years old? I'll bet you're 14. Yeah you're 14 and dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

You're afraid of a QB controversy? That's not gonna happen. As far as Sark goes, I'd like to hear his reasoning. Quinn needs more reps for next week? Not really buying that.

Oh my God! Who the hell cares? Arch will play half the game the next two weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Would be nice if the SEC refs return the favor when we play them at home.  Unfortunately our conference refs avoid showing overt bias for us.  Would be nice for a change.

I'm happy if they call a clean game. I never want bad calls in our favor to put asterisks on our victories. I don't even get too mad over an occasional bad call against us if it was made in good faith or just plain human error. It's systemic fuckery that gets my blood boiling. The Big 12 refs and the conference leadership were way beyond the pale. The Big 10 today surely favored Michigan today though. Lots of no calls on Michigan holding being the main issue.

I don't think we'll experience such lopsidedness from SEC refs. Imperfect, sure, but I don't expect outright fuckery.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

If I was Arch, I'd take not being put in until complete trash time as a bit of a slap in the face. No fucking reason whatsoever to not give him a few quality plays at the five minute mark. Sark sort of told him to go get fucked. 

He'll suck it up, but he won't forget about it anytime soon.

Quoted for the absolute fucking stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Escapedgoat said:

Agreed. We are good and maybe very very good. Don’t sleep on the damn Sooners. I want us to quit with this end of the game bullshit with them and want to put their mouths on the curb and stomp out their 4 teeth they have left and beat them soundly. The Georgia game will be amazing. We will know then how good we are. Enjoy this. I hope we have the beginnings of a memorable season here. 👍

Fuck OU. 

• Hook 'Em 5

40 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

If I was Arch, I'd take not being put in until complete trash time as a bit of a slap in the face. No fucking reason whatsoever to not give him a few quality plays at the five minute mark. Sark sort of told him to go get fucked. 

You're a fucking moron

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Bro did your fiancee just dump you or what. What a bizarre mental breakdown to have after a huge Texas W.

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

IMG_8681.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just checking in. Stayed off of here during the game in order to be able to have moar “focusness” and get to enjoy the epic beatdown. Very gruntled now. Holy shit! What a team we have now. All in. Complete game this week. 
Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Oh my God! Who the hell cares? Arch will play half the game the next two weeks.

I hope you're right. I'll add one other thing. How do you think Arch's family, his uncles... whatever... felt when with five minutes left and an absolute insurmountable lead, Quinn comes back on the field? At best, they'll think that Sark isn't even thinking about getting their kid playing time. It's just not cool.

If he plays half the game next week, all will be forgotten. We'll see. Sounds a bit optimistic. Wouldn't be surprised to see a little blowback on this next week. 

• Fuck You 10

17 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Hutson almost got rolled up on that last meaningless possession. Would have preferred to see 2nd team but I understand.

I guess it’s good then that Hutson is the second team right guard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1