Texas vs. Michigan - 11am on Fox

Pancho

3 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

So much the better. Less risk for Manning, more confidence building. That game was over at the end of the third. Quinn had a qreat three quarters. Don't leave him out there to finish that triumph with some quagmire play calling. We want our backups to get quality time, dammit. Now. They may be starting in two weeks.

He's right. Manning has more upside than Ewers. 
It's obvious to anyone who knows the game. But Texas is not properly utilizing Upside. 

Manning Upside > Ewers Upside
Trey Owens Upside > Arch Manning
Cole Lourd Upside > Trey Owens

Now do you see? 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Newdoc said:

I wish I knew the BAC of some of y’all posting right now. It would explain a lot.

2 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I’m approaching my gpa

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

So just starting your first beer?

These 2 right here. How you surly.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

A lot of people go to college for 7 years. 

Me too! Graduated early on the decade plan.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

What we need to do is put Arch in at DE.

Sarcastic John Oliver GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

Anyone here who thinks Sark didn't take his foot off the gas in the Second half? I'm debating whether it was because he didn't want to tear a rookie head coach a new asshole in front of the nation, or was it because he didn't want to share any more of our playbook.

I think a better option would have been to go balls to the wall and have us up say 55-10 one drive into the fourth quarter, let every schoolboy in the nation get a look at America's next dynasty (in fucking Austin fucking Texas, not some backwoods dirtwater town) , and let Arch play almost the entire fourth quarter. Final score UT 65, National Champions 13.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

24 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

In Ewers last possession or two he didn't do much, but I think he threw one or two passes. There might have been six or seven minutes left. Game fucking out of reach to Michigan, and it would have been awesome to see Arch complete a pass or two, maybe get a first down or two, run five or six minutes off the clock and end the drive with a TD. Coulda easily happened. Talk about excitement. Talk about a confidence builder.

And don't think for a minute that because Arch's folks like Austin or belong to some fucking country club, etc, that they didn't care if their all-star son, that every college in the country wanted, a kid who had a stellar high school career, only got to hand the ball off three times into the line. They have the highest expectations in the world for their kid.  As do we all. We know what he's capable of. I'd like to hear Sark's reasons.

Dude, stfu.

• Hook 'Em 7

17 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Anyone here who thinks Sark didn't take his foot off the gas in the Second half? I'm debating whether it was because he didn't want to tear a rookie head coach a new asshole in front of the nation, or was it because he didn't want to share any more of our playbook.

I think a better option would have been to go balls to the wall and have us up say 55-10 one drive into the fourth quarter, let every schoolboy in the nation get a look at America's next dynasty (in fucking Austin fucking Texas, not some backwoods dirtwater town) , and let Arch play almost the entire fourth quarter. Final score UT 65, National Champions 13.

Did someone say dynasty? 

Oh My George Takai GIF

Mark it. Sark will take Saban's place as the goat in 16 years.

Edited by jw4381
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

I thought Niblack would take some of the JT Sanders role from last year, but through 2 games he only has one catch for seven yards.  Maybe it's just the OTF guys getting my expectaions up in the offseason.  Great game by Gunnar though.  Great win.  Hook'em.

I've been surprised by that, too.  But I think Texas is still sitting on some of the offensive packages. But wtf do I know. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

I thought Niblack would take some of the JT Sanders role from last year, but through 2 games he only has one catch for seven yards.  Maybe it's just the OTF guys getting my expectaions up in the offseason.  Great game by Gunnar though.  Great win.  Hook'em.

Helm looks quicker than last year and can put his nose in there when inline. He's just a tougher matchup right now for opposing defenses.

Edited by horngrad03
  • Hook 'Em 5

Blue and Wisner should rarely be asked to pass block. 

Those swing passes to the RBs are creating a ton of issues for defenses having to account for all our WRs and Helm. Getting them in space on those swing passes is a nightmare for defenses. 

We are going to hit some big plays on those swing passes to RBs. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

I am pretty sure he isn't great with blocking assignments. That's usually the case.

In Ewers last possession or two he didn't do much, but I think he threw one or two passes. There might have been six or seven minutes left. Game fucking out of reach to Michigan, and it would have been awesome to see Arch complete a pass or two, maybe get a first down or two, run five or six minutes off the clock and end the drive with a TD. Coulda easily happened. Talk about excitement. Talk about a confidence builder.
And don't think for a minute that because Arch's folks like Austin or belong to some fucking country club, etc, that they didn't care if their all-star son, that every college in the country wanted, a kid who had a stellar high school career, only got to hand the ball off three times into the line. They have the highest expectations in the world for their kid.  As do we all. We know what he's capable of. I'd like to hear Sark's reasons.

Anybody want to tell me how to mute this guy? This is a beating. I trust the best quarterback coach in the country to, you know, manage the quarterbacks. Just move on.

Texas just dominated last year’s national champs in their house. Take the fucking win.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Michigan’s QB said Texas didn’t win, Michigan lost became poor execution. “They’re a good football team … but we shot ourselves in the foot and let them win that football game. We let them off too easily.”

Big Matt Leinart energy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I am pretty sure he isn't great with blocking assignments. That's usually the case.

I think personnel-wise it also makes less sense to run as many 2 TE sets with this roster. 

On the Blue touchdown in the 3rd quarter, they were in 11 personnel. Sark seems to be embracing "we are going to spread your ass out and we dare you to bring numbers." 

I saw a lot of 11 personnel today with the tight end flexed. 

• Hook 'Em 4

45 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Sark pretty much shut it down and started running clock mid 3rd qtr. I wouldn't worry too much about Arch. He is gonna get some time this year. I don't think you are reading the room because it's a unique situation. Imagine you are a highly recruited QB and you are in a situation like Arch. You are largely being ignored in the locker room. Not getting playing time, and just another "dude" on campus. Your family could use the money, and you are looking to get to the league as quickly as possible.

Now think about Arch's situation. Probably the most popular kid on the 40. Respected in the locker room. Has money, and doesn't need to get to the league right away. Everytime his parents turn on the TV they hear the announcers talking about him and raucous crowds everytime their kid comes in the game. I think they are fine with where he is.

• Hook 'Em 9

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think personnel-wise it also makes less sense to run as many 2 TE sets with this roster. 

On the Blue touchdown in the 3rd quarter, they were in 11 personnel. Sark seems to be embracing "we are going to spread your ass out and we dare you to bring numbers." 

I saw a lot of 11 personnel today with the tight end flexed. 

I think that's because that is what he trusts currently. One thing we should know about Sark by now is he likes to be able to run a myriad of plays out of the same set so teams can't zero in on what he is trying to do simply by personnel packages. I think we will see us get back into our 12 personnel as the season goes on. I think Sark is trying to sort some things out.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Sark is aware we still have most of the season to go. As in this isn't the game to empty the playbook and go all out and get players injured. The statement was made loud and clear, but this wasnt a championship or even rivalry game. We have 3 of the latter and hopefully two of the first still ahead of us.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:
45 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I think Sark is aware we still have most of the season to go. As in this isn't the game to empty the playbook and go all out and get players injured. The statement was made loud and clear, but this wasnt a championship or even rivalry game. We have 3 of the latter and hopefully two of the first still ahead of us.

Yeah long, tough, physical season in SEC ... gotta try to stay healthy by running clock in 4th qtr.

26 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Michigan’s QB said Texas didn’t win, Michigan lost became poor execution. “They’re a good football team … but we shot ourselves in the foot and let them win that football game. We let them off too easily.”

"We knew it was going to be a close game."

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, hook me said:

You didn’t let us off easy, you just got your ass whipped at home on national TV and there was absolutely nothing you could do about it. 

Took the foot off the gas early and gave up a meaningless score in garbage time.  The final score was gonna be whatever Texas wanted it to be.  

• Hook 'Em 5

21 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I think Warren got his postgame cliches mixed up (much like he was confused between the white and blue jerseys during the game). "It came down to a few plays in the fourth quarter" and "we let 'em off the hook" are usually reserved for nail-biters that go down to the wire, not blowouts that were 24-3 at halftime and easily could have been more like 41-6.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Voluminous Banality said:

I think Warren got his postgame cliches mixed up (much like he was confused between the white and blue jerseys during the game). "It came down to a few plays in the fourth quarter" and "we let 'em off the hook" are usually reserved for nail-biters that go down to the wire, not blowouts that were 24-3 at halftime and easily could have been more like 41-6.

They had 10 total yards of offense with 10 mins to go on the 3rd quarters. He had to play makebelieve.  

59 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

My advice- stop drinking. You’ve made some really dumb posts today.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2