Texas vs. Michigan - 11am on Fox

Pancho

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

To be fair to Leinart, it went down to the last minute.

OTOH, in this game Texas was up 19 point at half and it wasn’t that close.

Leinart actually seems to be a pretty cool guy at this point. And going to the locker room with Bush was nice. And he knows now that Texas was the better team. But whether it went down to the last minute or not, he said what he said. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I only remember hearing Mason Grahams name called twice. I'll have to go back and watch to make sure but the first time was in relation to him and Grant being gassed in the 2nd and Texas attacking their backups.

The 2nd was when Martindale in his infinite wisdom to try to create mismatches moved him outside. 

An All American DT got moved further away from the QB where he was across from..lemme check my notes...oh yeah Kelvin Fucking Banks. 

And then Sark proceeded to run the ball into the interior when they gave that look.

He was a step ahead of them all game.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

if you havent done a 180 on Leinart at this point..then youre just holding grudges. Yea he is cool, normal, and funny. probably my favorite college talking head out of all of the networks

His TikTok’s with his wife are hilarious. I also like that draft kings commercial where he’s replaying Texas and usc. 

He definitely leans into the self deprecating humor. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Holy shit there were a lot of Texas fans at that game. What percent of the crowd was Horns?

You can really get a sense of how much orange there was in my vid of the eyes. It was a lot. 

5 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Yeah, no doubt. I think it was his Instagram (TikTok?) showing him in the Co-op, panning all the burnt orange gear and then doing a little head shake. Someone here told a story about running into him and his Dad and his Dad was just so proud of him. And the commercial where he beats Texas on NCAA.

He and Klatt are probably my two favorite guys to listen to right now. 

Agree.  I really enjoyed the Fox show with Klatt and Leinart side by side, talking about Vince and the 05 Horns, and just shaking their heads at how they couldn't beat 'em.  Klatt even mentioned his Buffs had to play Vince 3 times which didn't seem fair. 

Man looking back, the closest of those 3 games was the 31-7 Longhorn win in 2004...

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Holy shit there were a lot of Texas fans at that game. What percent of the crowd was Horns?

Resized_2024-09-07-22-31-41-216.jpeg

lots of folks behind us but cousin tried to get a sense by filtering out the yellow.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

BTW, BIG shout out to Jake Majors. That dude is just irreplaceable right now. Calling the signs for the line in a packed house where you couldn't hear shit. Mad props to that beast. 

He's come a looooong way, ans it was worth it. Flood is a fucking magician. Just don't tell Connor Weigman until Nov so he can turn into a puddle of goo at Copperfield at work.

Did anyone here ever think this would be posted?
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Michigan’s QB said Texas didn’t win, Michigan lost became poor execution. “They’re a good football team … but we shot ourselves in the foot and let them win that football game. We let them off too easily.”

Take the loss pussy

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

I rewatched the game, sober this time and this had to have been Hayden Connor and Jake Major’s best games as Longhorns. The two best interior linemen in college football got their butts kicked yesterday by our interior line. It was glorious to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Tex Long said:

While that's gruntling, keep in mind they were overrating Meatchicken before, so... grain of salt and all that...

Yep.   MI is not a good team.   The buildup was what was impressive, but they are going to fall out fast as the season goes on.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

We left a lot of points on the table and slowed it down in second half. Could’ve been a lot worse

The team had plenty of areas for improvement and still kicked their asses. There were at least three busted plays where Ewers and the RB weren't on the same page, the holding call (which wasn't holding), the false starts, the missed field goal. The defense had several near misses on sacks, some bad run fits, etc. In the past, we had little margin for error. That doesn't seem to be the case any longer.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

While that's gruntling, keep in mind they were overrating Meatchicken before, so... grain of salt and all that...

The ESPN computers actually had Michigan lower than their top 10 AP ranking, they had the at 15. I'm not sure if that's too high or not yet, it's hard to tell how bad Michigan is considering Texas is rolling.

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

That Michigan blogger told me last week that they had a million "dangermen" and we had like 2. Incredible that we managed to beat them with such a wild mismatch in talent.

That looked like a really good Texas team playing a mediocre to solid Kansas St or Iowa St type team. 

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

That looked like a really good Texas team playing a mediocre to solid Kansas St or Iowa St type team. 

I pissed out the remaining Kool Aid in my system, and I agree. On paper this feels like a great win, but I think it will be less so in November. This is not a good Michigan team.

• Hook 'Em 1