Texas vs. Michigan - 11am on Fox

Pancho

2 hours ago, hookem48 said:

Watching Urban listen to MM talk football was pretty funny.

Dude, I'm so glad I saw that. They were not expecting MM to just start talking football properly.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1

8-4 seems likely for Michigan. Maybe an outside shot at 7-5 if things really fall apart. Their defense will be able to carry them against the likes of Arkansas State, Illinois, Minnesota, Washington, Michigan State, Indiana and Northwestern. USC, Ohio State and Oregon is where they are in deep trouble.

Orji must have had the worst fall camp of all time. I feel like their best path to offensive success is building a creative running game around him. There is no need to try to have any real semblance of a drop back passing game with the receivers they are running out there.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8-4 seems likely for Michigan. Maybe an outside shot at 7-5 if things really fall apart. Their defense will be able to carry them against the likes of Arkansas State, Illinois, Minnesota, Washington, Michigan State, Indiana and Northwestern. USC, Ohio State and Oregon is where they are in deep trouble.
Orji must have had the worst fall camp of all time. I feel like their best path to offensive success is building a creative running game around him. There is no need to try to have any real semblance of a drop back passing game with the receivers they are running out there.

Yep. I posted yesterday that Michigan likely loses 3-4 more times this year. They’ll barely be a Top 25 team by the end of the year. They’re about to slide back to what they were pre-Harbaugh.

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Their lack of talent was pretty jarring. The TE and a couple of the pieces on D could play for a contender, that’s about it. Reading their fan boards, the cupboard is bare among sophomores and freshmen too.

They love Harbaugh now but they may reevaluate him eventually. Seems like he burned this motherfucker to the ground on his way out. 

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yep. I posted yesterday that Michigan likely loses 3-4 more times this year. They’ll barely be a Top 25 team by the end of the year. They’re about to slide back to what they were pre-Harbaugh.

Fair enough. On the other hand, it’s been a minute since Texas was naming scores against Top 25 teams in their place. Me gusta. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Sign stealing guy...

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I'm struck by the fact that Sark's scheme shouldn't have been much of a surprise to Michigan or to fans who pay attention, yet Michigan had no answer. 

We have the Jimmies and Joes AND the X's and O's 

Additionally, Quinn casually burning a couple of throws on early downs because it wasn't there was a sign of Texas' supreme confidence in the game plan. On the road in front of 111k and we're like, fuck it we'll pick this up on 2nd or 3rd. He didn't press at all. 

couple of 3rd downs where he just threw it because it wasnt there so took the FG and points.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Their lack of talent was pretty jarring. The TE and a couple of the pieces on D could play for a contender, that’s about it. Reading their fan boards, the cupboard is bare among sophomores and freshmen too.

They love Harbaugh now but they may reevaluate him eventually. Seems like he burned this motherfucker to the ground on his way out. 

I still think their DL is pretty legit. Not many Big Ten teams will have a playcaller and QB like yesterday who can push all the right buttons and scheme around a lot of what they like to do.

It can't be emphasized enough how nice it is to have offensive continuity and creativity year in and year out. There was some stat years ago about us cycling through like 8 different offensive playcallers in a 9-year stretch prior to 2021.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Gibson, as a true freshman, running it down Meatchicken's throat for a TD in the a Big House, was my favorite moment of the year so far.

I watched the game with my old man. He kept comparing Mukuba to Donnie Shell from the Steelers 70s dynasty. Dude was everywhere. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I still think their DL is pretty legit. Not many Big Ten teams will have a playcaller and QB like yesterday who can push all the right buttons and scheme around a lot of what they like to do.

It can't be emphasized enough how nice it is to have offensive continuity and creativity year in and year out. There was some stat years ago about us cycling through like 8 different offensive playcallers in a 9-year stretch prior to 2021.

Yeah. I think we will find out that Michigan's D is legit and that our O really is that good.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

45 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think this is the upper bound of outcomes for Michigan. That offense is truly atrocious. Shawn Watson at Texas level incompetent. Any game in which they are asked to score more than 20 on a functional P4 defense is going to be a huge lift. They could scratch and claw to 8-4 which I think would tell us the defense is probably the best in the country, but 6-6 is just as likely.

Notwithstanding the above, @Wulaw Horn pass me the kool aid please. Go on and make it a double. This is the best college offense since Sark's 2020 Bama unit or 2019 LSU and the best Texas team since at least 2009. If you squint you can see some potential cracks in the armor on defense but basically the entire schedule not named Georgia is going to need a perfect storm of their best possible game mixed with one of those days for Texas to have a shot at winning. Feels good man.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

If you squint you can see some potential cracks in the armor on defense but basically the entire schedule not named Georgia is going to need a perfect storm of their best possible game mixed with one of those days for Texas to have a shot at winning.

Georgia had better pack a lunch and their A game when they come to Austin. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I think this is the upper bound of outcomes for Michigan. That offense is truly atrocious. Shawn Watson at Texas level incompetent. Any game in which they are asked to score more than 20 on a functional P4 defense is going to be a huge lift. They could scratch and claw to 8-4 which I think would tell us the defense is probably the best in the country, but 6-6 is just as likely.

Notwithstanding the above, @Wulaw Horn pass me the kool aid please. Go on and make it a double. This is the best college offense since Sark's 2020 Bama unit or 2019 LSU and the best Texas team since at least 2009. If you squint you can see some potential cracks in the armor on defense but basically the entire schedule not named Georgia is going to need a perfect storm of their best possible game mixed with one of those days for Texas to have a shot at winning. Feels good man.

Could have been an illusion created by second-teamers and lack of urgency, but it looked to me like Warren grew up a bit yesterday.  He may prove to be a serviceable QB before it's all said and done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Could have been an illusion created by second-teamers and lack of urgency, but it looked to me like Warren grew up a bit yesterday.  He may prove to be a serviceable QB before it's all said and done.

Michigan needs to get him on the move. He was much more comfortable throwing on the run than throwing from the pocket. Probably just a mental thing and keeps him from thinking too much. I think he might end up ok by the end of the year. Unfortunately he still will not have any receivers outside of Loveland. 

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Michigan needs to get him on the move. He was much more comfortable throwing on the run than throwing from the pocket. Probably just a mental thing and keeps him from thinking too much. I think he might end up ok by the end of the year. Unfortunately he still will not have any receivers outside of Loveland. 

Loveland looked pretty spare to be honest yesterday.  Now that could have just been their scheme, and our defense doing that, but he just looked like a dime a dozen college tight end.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He's got a live arm for sure. He made a couple of impressive throws. I just don't think his accuracy issues are the kind of thing that gets fixed in season. Michigan's skill talent isn't going to create separation or get schemed open against defenses with a pulse so I expect him to continue to be erratic in such situations.

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

Loveland looked pretty spare to be honest yesterday.  Now that could have just been their scheme, and our defense doing that, but he just looked like a dime a dozen college tight end.  

When the defense only has to account for one true receiving threat and the QBs are… struggling, just about anyone is going to look average. I’d be more than happy to have him on my team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

Matt Leinart went to the Texas locker room after the game to congratulate Texas and has embraced his emotional comment from the moment and even found a way to poke fun at himself.   Same for Reggie Bush.   

Yeah. Keep reading the thread. You’ll get there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I thought he progressed as the game went on too, and your caveats duly noted. But he made some clutch throws under duress. Time will tell if this was more than a flash in the pan.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

I'm struck by the fact that Sark's scheme shouldn't have been much of a surprise to Michigan or to fans who pay attention, yet Michigan had no answer. 

We have the Jimmies and Joes AND the X's and O's 

Additionally, Quinn casually burning a couple of throws on early downs because it wasn't there was a sign of Texas' supreme confidence in the game plan. On the road in front of 111k and we're like, fuck it we'll pick this up on 2nd or 3rd. He didn't press at all. 

Michigan did exactly what people thought they would do. They blitzed. Sark had all summer to prepare for that. He abused them in the short game and Quinn was dealing. Obvious game plan was just a bad call