Texas vs. Michigan - 11am on Fox

Pancho

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah. I think we will find out that Michigan's D is legit and that our O really is that good.

Yesterday reminded me of the football version of Tim Duncan. I'm sure Michigan felt okay from one play to the next and then looked up and it was 31 to 6.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Dude, I'm so glad I saw that. They were not expecting MM to just start talking football properly.

I wouldn’t have either. Sat next to him at a Holiday Bowl years ago. He had no idea what was going on rules wise, yelling at the refs for them getting the calls right, plus he looked a mess. Then he disappeared at halftime and never came back. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I wouldn’t have either. Sat next to him at a Holiday Bowl years ago. He had no idea what was going on rules wise, yelling at the refs for them getting the calls right, plus he looked a mess. Then he disappeared at halftime and never came back. 

Are you sure it was him and not just a drunk homeless person?

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

In the late 90s his season tickets were real close to ours. His career was just taking off, about a year or so after A Time to Kill, his pre-luxury box days. He only came to a few games, and when he did he was piss drunk and looked like shit.

Speaking of his box seats, I got to sit there for a game in 2007 with my dad. I represented one of his old friends in a real estate matter, and he invited me to a game as a thank you. MM wasn’t there, but his mom was, and I talked with her a while. She was a real cool lady. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, sith_horn said:

Those were Big 10 officials. Not as bad as Rig 12, but definitely turned a blind eye to a bunch of Michigan's holds and the late hit on Ewers.

Shit. 
A person at the game told me Big12.

That phantom holding call, the shitty constant clock issues, and the targeting call for a tackle on a running play between the tackles seemed to support their statement.

Serious though. That targeting if confirmed would have been Poona Ford defensive holding level of dumbassery

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

In the late 90s his season tickets were real close to ours. His career was just taking off, about a year or so after A Time to Kill, his pre-luxury box days. He only came to a few games, and when he did he was piss drunk and looked like shit.

Speaking of his box seats, I got to sit there for a game in 2007 with my dad. I represented one of his old friends in a real estate matter, and he invited me to a game as a thank you. MM wasn’t there, but his mom was, and I talked with her a while. She was a real cool lady. 

He bring his bongos?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, South Austin said:

image.jpeg.35739a2ad3e60d8e77acbc03d467ac02.jpeg

She was great in Bernie.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Juicy said:

Have you give Texas their flowers. They whooped Michigan’s ass in a way I haven’t seen in a long time. They look like a legit title contender.

I would normally say see you again in the playoffs but unless michigans offense starts playing against 2nd stringers like they did in the final drive not sure they make the playoffs. Although Oregon doesn’t look as good as everyone predicted them to be. Still. Don’t want any part of Texas in the playoffs.

Would love to see Michigan somehow right the ship. Beat Ohio state and then Texas eliminates Ohio state in the playoffs and day gets sent packing.

Good luck to your squad. This one was ugly.

Why would you want Day gone? That's your gimme W every year, bud. 

52 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Hey, people can learn. Once upon a time, I thought Greg Davis was a good OC...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

MM wasn’t there, but his mom was, and I talked with her a while. She was a real cool lady. 

I did some work down in Uvalde a few years ago and heard that about his mom, and I don't mean the way that your mom is "real cool."

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Not a cat said:

Thinking about blue blood matchups after the game, it occurred to me that if we beat OU next month we'll have scoreboard over every other blue blood.  Not sure how often that happens, but it can't be too common.

Who are you including in that list? 

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Who are you including in that list? 

Not sure his list but...

Georgia - check

Bama - check

Ohio State - check

Michigan - check

Notre Dame - check (lol Texas is back)

USC- check

OU - TBD

Now if you consider teams like Penn State or LSU blue bloods then it kind of all falls apart

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Thinking about blue blood matchups after the game, it occurred to me that if we beat OU next month we'll have scoreboard over every other blue blood.  Not sure how often that happens, but it can't be too common.

Ala GA USC UM Neb (I know but)

Ohio St who else?

8 hours ago, Armybrat said:

You Dove hunt anywhere near the CotA racetrack?

Like....almost directly across the street.  On yesterday's hunt, I could hear the whine of the engines of the cars they were running at the track (not sure what exactly was going on) clear as a bell.  Could see the tower from my spot -- maybe 1/2 mile to the tower?

42 minutes ago, ousux said:

Rewatched this morning, it was just as much a pants down spanking as it seemed live, total domination.

Hell, late in the game even Sydir Mitchell chased Warren all the way to the sideline.

I rewatched the Cam "hold" 10 times and I still don't see it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1