Texas vs. Michigan - 11am on Fox

Pancho

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I don’t like our players disrespecting opponents’ houses in that manner. 
It’s bush league behavior, IMO. 
The team’s performance on the field accomplished any statement of dominance very clearly.

Thought same thing when I saw it. Michigan has good fans and had several compliment our performance. Also the Texas crowd was hugh. Deceptive until Michigan crowd filed out.

• Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Most of the fans before the game were giving us the horns down as we walked to the stadium.  Except a lot of them couldn’t do the horns sign correctly.  I was wandering why they hated Hawaii so much. 

On tv I saw some some Michigan fans using both hands combined and kind of weaving thier thumbs together to make a two handed horns upside down sign.

The only problem was that the maneuver took so long and was ao difficult to turn upside down that it just ended up looking like a big mutated  horns up sign.

It was truly baffling that they were having problems with it while ou fans seem to be born doing it "correctly".

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Jiggy-Z said:

On tv I saw some some Michigan fans using both hands combined and kind of weaving thier thumbs together to make a two handed horns upside down sign.

The only problem was that the maneuver took so long and was ao difficult to turn upside down that it just ended up looking like a big mutated  horns up sign.

It was truly baffling that they were having problems with it while ou fans seem to be born doing it "correctly".

One of my favorite silly jokes is that when I do the Hook Em sign, I tell people I'm doing the 0U sign upside down.

22 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

That was a sign for the letter M

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Saw it too. Thought they were making an M

3 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Saw it too. Thought they were making an M

The one I saw looked nothing like an "M". I was hesitant to say they were trying to do the horns down since it actually looked more like a Tarantula or something.

7 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Shit. 
A person at the game told me Big12.

That phantom holding call, the shitty constant clock issues, and the targeting call for a tackle on a running play between the tackles seemed to support their statement.

Serious though. That targeting if confirmed would have been Poona Ford defensive holding level of dumbassery

Did the Big 10 “acquire” some of the former Pac 12 Refs?   They were just as bad as Rig 12 Refs at making decisions and calling absolute bullshit.  That why some of their games ended at fricken 1:30 AM CT. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

Most of the fans before the game were giving us the horns down as we walked to the stadium.  Except a lot of them couldn’t do the horns sign correctly.  I was wandering why they hated Hawaii so much. 

I have no fucking clue how so many people get this wrong. It's like they've never hailed satan before in their lives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Why would you want Day gone? That's your gimme W every year, bud. 

Ohio state deserves to go through the 3-4 shit coaches cycle that everyone else has had to endure. Day at least makes them relevant. Chip Kelly or whoever his replacement is could take a 12-2 team and turn them into a 7-6 team 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Agreed, they were using the whole hand down instead of the snappy wrist like the OU fans do. It was so bad I even had to correct one young dude at our tailgate lol

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

1, 2, 4, 3? 

6 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

2, 3, 4, 1

6 hours ago, deter said:

We’re talking about how many seconds it takes for them to start laughing at you when you try and pick them up, right?

11 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

8-4 seems likely for Michigan. Maybe an outside shot at 7-5 if things really fall apart. Their defense will be able to carry them against the likes of Arkansas State, Illinois, Minnesota, Washington, Michigan State, Indiana and Northwestern. USC, Ohio State and Oregon is where they are in deep trouble.

Orji must have had the worst fall camp of all time. I feel like their best path to offensive success is building a creative running game around him. There is no need to try to have any real semblance of a drop back passing game with the receivers they are running out there.

11 hours ago, C-Man said:

Yep. I posted yesterday that Michigan likely loses 3-4 more times this year. They’ll barely be a Top 25 team by the end of the year. They’re about to slide back to what they were pre-Harbaugh.

11 hours ago, tokamak said:

Their lack of talent was pretty jarring. The TE and a couple of the pieces on D could play for a contender, that’s about it. Reading their fan boards, the cupboard is bare among sophomores and freshmen too.

They love Harbaugh now but they may reevaluate him eventually. Seems like he burned this motherfucker to the ground on his way out. 

10 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I think this is the upper bound of outcomes for Michigan. That offense is truly atrocious. Shawn Watson at Texas level incompetent. Any game in which they are asked to score more than 20 on a functional P4 defense is going to be a huge lift. They could scratch and claw to 8-4 which I think would tell us the defense is probably the best in the country, but 6-6 is just as likely.

These are all fine takes. Just a reminder that after beating Alabama in their house last year, much of the narrative was about how Alabama had fallen off and shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. The QB is terrible, this isn't the same Alabama, etc. By the end of the year, Milroe was in the Heisman discussion and Alabama was in the playoff (and nearly beat Michigan to boot).

Michigan isn't likely to run the table like Alabama did, but I'll also hold off on buying the narrative that that wasn't a top-20 team we faced yesterday. Although Davis "We did this to ourselves" Warren didn't want to admit it, maybe, just like last year, Texas was just that good.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voluminous Banality said:

These are all fine takes. Just a reminder that after beating Alabama in their house last year, much of the narrative was about how Alabama had fallen off and shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. The QB is terrible, this isn't the same Alabama, etc. By the end of the year, Milroe was in the Heisman discussion and Alabama was in the playoff (and nearly beat Michigan to boot).

Michigan isn't likely to run the table like Alabama did, but I'll also hold off on buying the narrative that that wasn't a top-20 team we faced yesterday. Although Davis "We did this to ourselves" Warren didn't want to admit it, maybe, just like last year, Texas was just that good.

Beating OU and UGA will confirm.

I won't let anything lessen this victory. 

But Michigan is a fucking mess right now. They neglected the QB portal and currently employ a HC without a real long term contract. I get the feeling they will ditch Moore at the end of the year if things go sideways quickly. 

A quick look at their schedule confirms it could get ugly with no legitimate QB on their roster. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I won't let anything lessen this victory. 

But Michigan is a fucking mess right now. They neglected the QB portal and currently employ a HC without a real long term contract. I get the feeling they will ditch Moore at the end of the year if things go sideways quickly. 

A quick look at their schedule confirms it could get ugly with no legitimate QB on their roster. 

Exactly this

23 minutes ago, Voluminous Banality said:

Pouty qb is partially rigjt. The first two turnovers were a bit freaky and he had some open pases that he could have delivered or receivers caught that were unforced errors on their part. There are always plays like that in any game and I think it is fair to say M had more of them in this game than Texas.

However, there are other things, like missed penalties or penalties that should have been missed etc.

If  pouty qb takes in the whole picture, these things kind of even out and you are left with the result that is indicative of the team's capabilites, especially the larger the margin of vicory.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, hookem17 said:

There were literally 0 advertisements posted in the stadium. No logos, no billboards, nothing. Also nothing recognizing random bowl game appearances, conference championships, all Americans, retired numbers, or national championships. And honestly, they could have turned up the volume of the music and videos on the screen.  Michigan is a model for keeping the stadium untainted and keeping the focus on the game. I really appreciated it.

And that boring ass shit reflects into their boring ass crowd. Least intimidating 100k stadium in the country. Literally worse than DKR used to be when we were known as the wine n cheese crowd. 

1 hour ago, Voluminous Banality said:

Agree. Michigan still has elite talent and is going to be a motherfucker to try and score the ball against for most teams on their schedule. 

They could go dumpster-fire 2010 Texas or they may go 8-4 and finish ranked. Still too early to know who is and isn't good.

24 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

And that boring ass shit reflects into their boring ass crowd. Least intimidating 100k stadium in the country. Literally worse than DKR used to be when we were known as the wine n cheese crowd. 

We aren't any more? When did that happen?

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I don’t like our players disrespecting opponents’ houses in that manner. 
It’s bush league behavior, IMO. 
The team’s performance on the field accomplished any statement of dominance very clearly.

Bush league is a helmet to helmet hit on a QB who gave himself up by taking a knee.

• Hook 'Em 3

Fun trip.  I enjoyed their game day experience and keeping it simple.  It felt kinda like stepping into a time machine back into the 70's or something before we got super commercial.  One thing I have to give them props on: their pre-game hype reel narrated by James Earl Jones was awesome.  And a pretty good flex when Darth Vader said: "No one has won as many football games as we have.  No one."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1