Does Quinn have the best pair of road wins in Texas history?

TexArcher

6 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Michigan isn’t a top 10 team, and that Ok St team was unranked (unlike the prior year’s Cowboys squad that got up 28-0 on us and we won 56-35), but that was in Austin. Michigan’s likely overrated status notwithstanding, the answer to the OP is unquestionably yes. 

They were top 10 today, irrespective of how they finish. We don't make the rankings, so it counts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know but the thought came to me during this game that he could snag a Heisman and be the 3rd in school history and 1st QB to do so.
Very possible. There may be a couple QB's with better overall numbers, but not in the type of high profile games Quinn will have. Now with Michigan taken care of, if he can dismantle Georgia, bloU and whoever in the SEC CCG...I don't see how anyone gets more votes unless they just have ridiculous videogame numbers against decent competition. Honestly the Heisman is a joke these days. Don't get me wrong..it would be nice to have another Longhorn winner, but championships are worth far more. (Ask swamp tigah which they would rather have last year)
  • Hook 'Em 1

Road wins ... neutral site wins ... whatever. (Yes, yes, I know, neutral site = a more hostile environment, more adversity, etc. etc, ad infinitum)

But, there is a 4 year streak of something that will probably never be duplicated by a Texas quarterback.

I speak of course of, Peter the Great, Pete Gardere.

From 1989 to 1992 playing those Godless hillbillies from Oglaucoma in the Cotton Bowl.

Each year, BlowU was ranked.

Each year, going into that game, we were not ranked.

And yet, we won those FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS.

That is a level of greatness which may never be duplicated.

Now... get off my lawn, I have clouds to yell at and if you disagree, fight me. (Well... with words anyway.)

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

Road wins ... neutral site wins ... whatever. (Yes, yes, I know, neutral site = a more hostile environment, more adversity, etc. etc, ad infinitum)

But, there is a 4 year streak of something that will probably never be duplicated by a Texas quarterback.

I speak of course of, Peter the Great, Pete Gardere.

From 1989 to 1992 playing those Godless hillbillies from Oglaucoma in the Cotton Bowl.

Each year, BlowU was ranked.

Each year, going into that game, we were not ranked.

And yet, we won those FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS.

That is a level of greatness which may never be duplicated.

Now... get off my lawn, I have clouds to yell at and if you disagree, fight me. (Well... with words anyway.)

Yep, GOO (how’s that for a message board throwback)

19 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Vince/team playing Ohio State the NC year had a similar feeling as today. First night game there with temporary lights, if I can remember, and a lot of people thought that atmosphere was going to be too much for Texas.

Some people were stupid. I drove up for that game. There was never a single doubt that we would win. Same with the Rose Bowl. The confidence having VY at QB inspired has been unmatched. 

17 hours ago, dec3169 said:

Especially since Michigan doesn't like to play hard non-conference games.  They prefer G5 or FCS teams.

I wouldn't say Michigan 'prefers' FCS teams. For reference, here are some teams that 'prefer' FCS and their records:

• Air Force 28 - 0 (100% win record)
  • Central Michigan 31 - 3 (91% win record)
  • Miami (OH) 10 - 2 (83% win record)
  • Michigan 2 - 1 (67% win record)

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

Yep, GOO (how’s that for a message board throwback)

I met Mr. Greensleeves at a tailgate, and oh boy, he was in fine form.  I'd estimate his blood alcohol to be about .23 at the time. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, BlackCat said:

Beating Ohio State in their house in 05 is a  bigger deal than bama or michigan. That was a very good team and their next version came down to Austin and controlled us in our own house. 

I still (sort of) laugh about the ‘06 loss to Ohio St.

My wife (then GF) and I started dating in the summer of 2005.

By the time the Buckeyes rolled into Austin, I was still riding high on VY’s cock fumes and had full confidence a fresh-faced Colt McCoy would just pick up where the legend left off. I was in the semi-delusional state a lot of Michigan fans were in before yesterday’s ice bath immersion wake up call. I didn’t think the Horns were going to lose in Austin for another 5 seasons. At least.

When the game went the way it did, my lady was shocked. She was all “Do you realize you’re punching furniture, and throwing things??? Who punches furniture?? Who even are you??”

it suddenly dawned on me that she had never been around me during a Texas loss. This was the first time.

She’s subsequently developed some coping mechanisms and I support her thru het alma mater’s dumb losses. LoL

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

I still (sort of) laugh about the ‘06 loss to Ohio St.

My wife (then GF) and I started dating in the summer of 2005.

By the time the Buckeyes rolled into Austin, I was still riding high on VY’s cock fumes and had full confidence a fresh-faced Colt McCoy would just pick up where the legend left off. I was in the semi-delusional state a lot of Michigan fans were in before yesterday’s ice bath immersion wake up call. I didn’t think the Horns were going to lose in Austin for another 5 seasons. At least.

When the game went the way it did, my lady was shocked. She was all “Do you realize you’re punching furniture, and throwing things??? Who punches furniture?? Who even are you??”

it suddenly dawned on me that she had never been around me during a Texas loss. This was the first time.

She’s subsequently developed some coping mechanisms and I support her thru het alma mater’s dumb losses. LoL

Yeah, well I got split from my (eventual gf and to be ) wife and ended up in jail…. She stopped watching games with me 😁

• Haha 1