Gus Johnson sucks

bluto

I am legit- no bullshit- legit worried that Gus has a major medial issue.

he badly called something like 6 or 7 plays where he was not only wrong, but 180 degrees wrong.   its a incomplete pass (INT or caught ball), and Michigan stops texas on their first drive ( it was 2nd down).   FIRST down... 10 yards short of the first.   Its a catch for 20 yards .... never caught, incomplete

i mean it was really obvious today

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

I liked how he was talking about Sark’s wardrobe and gave credit to Sark’s wife Lorea……silence. 

Well, if I got divorced, I would sure start dressing better.  Shouldn't my ex-wife get some credit for that?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

He's error prone and easily excitable, but he's part of what makes college football great.  

Yeah he had a couple weird slips today but I thought it was out of character.

I'm a big Gus fan. OP seems like a poon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Gus's slip is showing. Don't want to speculate but it's clear that he's not watching what we're watching, and he's in a booth with dozens of monitors, spotters, PAs and a producer in his ear guiding him.

Klatt is solid, and I am fully anticipating a tear jerker 30 for 30-type production from Fox Sports not too far down the road.

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

Surprisingly?  He’s the best in the business and funny as shit. He trolls A&M on a regular basis. 

This reminds me - That new Dr. Pepper commercial with the hype train...  So far I've caught two trolls.  One was trolling Michigan at the beginning when the woman notices a physical sign is missing and she whines  "they're stealing our signs".  The other was trolling A&M with the guy that got the national championship tattoo on his chest, and then realized his mistake when their QB got injured and the train stopped.  Hopefully there are more I haven't caught yet.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

yes, but he is counterbalanced by joel klatt who should hate us but instead infuriates aggy with positive Texas words that today were damn-near fawning

TEXAS IS A TEAM THAT IS GOING TO COMPETE FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR

- joel klatt

If you don't listen to Joel Klatt's podcast/youtube videos/appearances with Cowherd, you're missing out.   Considering he should have dain bramage after what our D did to him in the 2004 Big XII Championship, he's a pretty good analyst.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Klatt has been great for a long time. He’s high on the Horns every year.  It’s almost like some of Drew Kelson’s Longhorn passion got into Joel’s brain through osmosis in that collision years ago.  

textbook stockholm syndrome

2 hours ago, Deej said:

What else could he say?

2 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Surprisingly?  He’s the best in the business and funny as shit. He trolls A&M on a regular basis. 

1 hour ago, Vermin said:

Colorado QB Joel Klatt, 2005 Big 12 Championship

Drew Kelson is the best player he played against?

Thanks for answering for me.

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Klatt gives opinions that are based in actually following the programs he comments on from what I can tell.  

He was pretty high on us before this game.  Thought we were very well balanced and our D was improved.   But he also correctly pointed out that Michigan's QBs were young and unproven.   He didn't come right out and say it but he came close as possible in saying that their QBs were subpar.  And they were.

I'm a Gus fan, gfys. Sure he gets a little animated and sometimes has a brain fart, but he's more entertaining than 99% of the AI generated talking heads during games.

You a member of the Beth Mowins fan club, maybe president?

• Like 1