Week 3, 2024: UTSA @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

I mean with the 12 team playoff guaranteeing G5 access (for now) and Texas State miraculously finally getting their shit together a the same time…not the most irrelevant team in college football right now

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/college-football-bowl-projections-entering-week-3-playoff-picture-changes-after-notre-dame-loss-235847189/#2482683

crazy stupid early bowl/playoff projection szn also gonna help

My kid is a Bobcat. I hear about it all the time.

Fortunately wife (also a Bobcat) gives zero fucks and leaves me alone on Saturdays as long as we hit the Farmer's market early.

20 minutes ago, AeroHorn said:

The biggest reason for 2024 > 2008 is that the 2024 HC and OC will clown the 2008 HC and OC. The earlier duo would have Wingo on the sidelines (DJ Monroe), Gibson redshirting ("every freshman adds a loss to the season") and a deleterious handling of the QBs with the HC being star-struck around Manning. If not for Colt/Shipley/Cosby, this will be OU-level beatdown because the offices of Brown and Davis will be weathering the storm and being scared to death. After all, they achieved the seemingly impossible task of holding Vince scoreless.

those are some pretty solid arguments, if we're going to pyle undefeated

let's make it so

18 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

My kid is a Bobcat. I hear about it all the time.

Fortunately wife (also a Bobcat) gives zero fucks and leaves me alone on Saturdays as long as we hit the Farmer's market early.

san marcos women fuck

pics of teenage miss inkautx not loading

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, hornian said:

2008 Team wants to have a talk. 

The 2008 team was a bunch of gamers. But that team played well above its not insignificant talent level. This team, on average, has a higher physical ceiling. 

2 hours ago, hornian said:

2008 Team wants to have a talk. 

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

okay, how about this:

1: 2005

T2: 2008 & 2024

4: 2009

5: 2004

2008 is the only team since '05 that should be in the conversation based on what this team looks like so far, but let's see how things unfold.

I'm hoping seeing old teammates across the LOS will get Moore revved up for about 4 sacks/TFLs. I think he's going to bust loose soon. 

T Moore had a play where he “bull rushed” the Michigan RT into the QB as he was about to throw. Not a sack, but impressive none the less.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The Texas State result wasn't a 1 week thing. UTSA also really struggled with Kennesaw State who is a mid-tier FCS program. 

This year they are a bottom tier Conf USA team.

7 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Just curious, but why wasn't the ULM game scheduled for late November like the rest of the SEC teams do in playing a cupcake later in the year?

I was wondering the same.    OU plays Maine for fricken crying out loud.   DeSoto and Duncanville could beat Maine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I posted it in the UTSA thread, but did McCown get injured yesterday?  Noticed the other QB got lots of time, may have just switched after it got ugly?

I think they just put the backup in once the game got out of hand.

7 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Just curious, but why wasn't the ULM game scheduled for late November like the rest of the SEC teams do in playing a cupcake later in the year?

I’ve wondered that too. I noticed Ole Miss also plays 4 straight non con games to open the year and doesn’t have the November cupcake.

I like UTSA’s two DT’s (Brown and Evans). Traylor mentioned on an podcast this summer that Evans was offered six figures by some P5 programs to portal. Other than that though, it’s not very pretty.  As someone pointed out earlier that 2022 team had 3 P5 level receivers and Frank Harris pulling the trigger. This year the offense had averaged 2.2 and 2.7 yards per rush against Kennesaw State and Texas State.

Part of being a good coach is knowing the timing of when it’s time to leave. Traylor should have got out in the last few years. I think he’s a good coach and I’m sure he’ll have a trick or two up his sleeve to try to drag us into the mud for a few quarters but he just doesn’t have the horses this year. 

Edited by Hookem2147

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I like UTSA’s two DT’s (Brown and Evans). Traylor mentioned on an podcast this summer that Evans was offered six figures by some P5 programs to portal. Other than that though, it’s not very pretty.  As someone pointed out earlier that 2022 team had 3 P5 level receivers and Frank Harris pulling the trigger. This year the offense had averaged 2.2 and 2.7 yards per rush against Kennesaw State and Texas State.

Part of being a good coach is knowing the timing of when it’s time to leave. Traylor should have got out in the last few years. I think he’s a good coach and I’m sure he’ll have a trick or two up his sleeve to try to drag us into the mud for a few quarters but he just doesn’t have the horses this year. 

This. UTSA played a very close game with an FBS newbie and got demolished by Texas State. Love what they did in getting their program off the ground but the image people of them have in their mind is not reality this year. That's going to be a 3-9 team, give or take, and is likely the worst team Texas will play all year. Yes I'm aware ULM is on the schedule.

9 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This. UTSA played a very close game with an FBS newbie and got demolished by Texas State. Love what they did in getting their program off the ground but the image people of them have in their mind is not reality this year. That's going to be a 3-9 team, give or take, and is likely the worst team Texas will play all year. Yes I'm aware ULM is on the schedule.

Eh, I think they are still a bowl team. Traylor will figure some stuff out and they are still better than schools like FAU, Rice, Temple and East Carolina (all on their schedule in the American).

Disagree on worst team Texas will play all year. The spread next week against ULM might be around -40. They are horrible.

Edited by Hookem2147

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The Texas State result wasn't a 1 week thing. UTSA also really struggled with Kennesaw State who has been a mid-tier FCS program prior to this year. 

Yeah UTSA is having serious problems, they shouldn’t threaten. The thing for the Longhorns is just get out of this without injuries, get some reps for other players that could use them, and Please put in Arch Manning for some series also so Irish doesn’t have a meltdown and want to throw someone off the Frost Bank tower after a 56-3 win. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

55 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think he’s a good coach and I’m sure he’ll have a trick or two up his sleeve to try to drag us into the mud for a few quarters but he just doesn’t have the horses this year. 

IIRC correctly two years ago, they pulled off an onside kick and scored on a halfback pass.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

We curb stomp UTSA. We approach 50 again. Band comes on in the 4th.

What sucks is now I have to listen to Texas State fans act like they are relevant in the big scheme of college football.

9 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

I mean with the 12 team playoff guaranteeing G5 access (for now) and Texas State miraculously finally getting their shit together a the same time…not the most irrelevant team in college football right now

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/college-football-bowl-projections-entering-week-3-playoff-picture-changes-after-notre-dame-loss-235847189/#2482683

crazy stupid early bowl/playoff projection szn also gonna help

If we got Texas State in the first round of the playoffs we could probably rest the starters and go all backups and win by 20 plus.   So it could technically be a bye….   

Frank Harris hard carried the roadrunners 

Frank Harris only seemed to play like eight years for the Runners. Totally an asset to Traylor’s success there. Kid was amazing and now helps work for the UTSA staff in community relations/fund raising. Great kid!

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 2

I’m hoping Eddie Lee Marburger gets the start for the runners and has a big game. I’ve been hearing about him since he was a sophomore in high school and it’d be cool to see him have success on the big stage. Not many guys that are from where we’re from are impact players at the next level in football. I’d love a 56-28 type win, where it’s never in doubt for us but he still puts up numbers.

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Well this is just objectively incorrect.

Edit: Never mind. I read 2023 as 2003.

Yeah I think 23 vs. 04 is a good debate. 

Week over week I think we were a bit better in 23 and I'll give them the nod for the B12 banner. 

SRS bears that out as well. Since 2000:

2005 - 24.98

2008 - 23.98

2023 - 20.32

2009 - 20.18

2004 - 19.27

2001 - 18.67

Edited by ztejas