Week 3, 2024: UTSA @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Cool. I attended Wyoming and Washington. Been there plenty. I just don't give a fuck about these streaks or blue ribbons of fandom anymore. Its a chore and there's plenty to be excited about come 9/28. Ultimately, there is no consequence either way, internet stranger. 

cQtlhD48EG0SY.webp

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

If we don't cover the spread in the next two games, it's your fault and we're coming after you.

I completely understand, and from the very jump I just simply meant that I may not attend in person. I have not simply just not watched a game since middle school, no matter the opponent. But frankly, after all is said and done and I leave the office on this spectacular day, I will likely be pulling into the purple garage by noon tomorrow. Cheers.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

I completely understand, and from the very jump I just simply meant that I may not attend in person. I have not simply just not watched a game since middle school, no matter the opponent. But frankly, after all is said and done and I leave the office on this spectacular day, I will likely be pulling into the purple garage by noon tomorrow. Cheers.

spacer.png

Edit: And understand about the road trip.  Eight hours driving on a Saturday is a tall order.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

I can't get excited for the next two weeks, no matter how hard I try. I am very ho-hum and even considering staying the fuck home, which is wild for me. I am 4 hours away and have missed less than 5 home games since around 2012. Maybe things change once the work week is wrapped up and beers flow. 

This is important information and I am glad you are sharing it with everyone.  Please continue to provide updates each week about your level of excitement about Texas football.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

This is important information and I am glad you are sharing it with everyone.  Please continue to provide updates each week about your level of excitement about Texas football.

Weird how message boards work, right? I'll email the SOP sheet to you for a refresh. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

I can't do much about the time frame, amigo. I walked the stage in 2009 and this is simply what I've been dealt. I understand the sentiment though and understand the joke. If I wanted to watch ULM and UTSA I could just go to a Lamar game 10 mins from my driveway. Its a chore, as many many others have been. 

I'd think you're not going to watch ULM or UTSA, but rather you're going to watch Texas.  You only get 6 or 7 of these opportunities a year, then you have to wait about 8 months before the opportunity comes around again.  Cherish all of them.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, brojangles2 said:

I can't get excited for the next two weeks, no matter how hard I try. I am very ho-hum and even considering staying the fuck home, which is wild for me. I am 4 hours away and have missed less than 5 home games since around 2012. Maybe things change once the work week is wrapped up and beers flow. 

anigif_enhanced-13089-1431359265-4.gif

while i primarily share others' responses of "why are you giving us updates on your ambivalence to attending home games," i would say that i can totally empathize with the decision to avoid 8 hours of driving the next two weekends for these two rent-a-victim games...BUT, i also share the wtf response to the fact that you have apparently made said 8 hour drives happily to watch tyrone swoopes, dylan haynes, and kai money play football coached by shawn watson and now you can't be bothered to show up to watch a real football team coached by real football coaches execute at high levels? sounds like maybe you're just getting old (something else i empathize with).

good opportunity to give your tickets to kids or people less fortunate to go enjoy themselves though.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidis said:

anigif_enhanced-13089-1431359265-4.gif

while i primarily share others' responses of "why are you giving us updates on your ambivalence to attending home games," i would say that i can totally empathize with the decision to avoid 8 hours of driving the next two weekends for these two rent-a-victim games...BUT, i also share the wtf response to the fact that you have apparently made said 8 hour drives happily to watch tyrone swoopes, dylan haynes, and kai money play football coached by shawn watson and now you can't be bothered to show up to watch a real football team coached by real football coaches execute at high levels? sounds like maybe you're just getting old (something else i empathize with).

good opportunity to give your tickets to kids or people less fortunate to go enjoy themselves though.

There is no question, the football itself is much less of a chore lately. My sentiments were certainly towards travel and I did not get my rumblings out the way that was intended. I used to carry the same insane reverence towards "never leave before The Eyes." Getting over that silly shit was freeing. I was testing the waters with sharing my fatigue towards some game day ritual, not in any way dampening excitement for the overall cause. Have a great afternoon, all. I'm going to play golf and drink on this great day. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

Stare Staring GIF

20 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Kai Money was Herman era.  

Goddamit, why did you make me type that?

there is no need for pedantry (says the guy dropping "fewer" memes) for anything that covers the period from 2010 to 2022 in texas football. the fact that swoopes, haines, money, watson, herman, etc.. all were associated with he school at all is enough to just say other than the 13 ou, 18 ou, 18 uga, and 22 ou games, the entire portion of our lives should just be forgotten for the perpetual nightmare it truly was.

eta: oh, and 2010 nebraska/2011 agro just for the lulz.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

there is no need for pedantry (says the guy dropping "fewer" memes) for anything that covers the period from 2010 to 2022 in texas football. the fact that swoopes, haines, money, watson, herman, etc.. all were associated with he school at all is enough to just say other than the 13 ou, 18 ou, 18 uga, and 22 ou games, the entire portion of our lives should just be forgotten for the perpetual nightmare it truly was.

Outside of the few endearing times you already listed, I will add that the amount of green open seats at choosing time every March was amazing, and I am pretty much set forever on seats because of it. Also, we got our tailgate spot that we had envied for years, but is now ours for 8 years or so. 

9 minutes ago, South Austin said:

It's all good, brojangles2.  It wouldn't be Surly if we didn't give you shit just because we can.  

Yeah. He's a real, sick, twisted son of a bitch. An individual that should never see the light of day or be allowed in public. 

But fortunately for him there's a lot of grace and tolerance here. And we'll just have to put up with it best we can. 

• Haha 1

For those in the know: With the directv ESPN situation, what are my options to see the game? I have the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle but not sure if that will allow me to watch it. Thanks in advance!
At this point I think everyone should just get fed up with all the bullshit and go the peg leg/parrot on shoulder route. I legitimately had LHN for only about 5 1/2 years of its more than a decade long run, and it wasn't because I wasn't willing to pay for it. Same for this DirecTV vs the Mouse nonsense, consumers are the only losers of that slap fight.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Ahem.maxresdefault(3).thumb.jpg.196d91e5e1145e25755d61a06266f4f2.jpg

i suppose that could go in the lulz category with 10 corn/11 agro but it wasn't as satisfying as the other three where we beat their asses or played a crazy great game. being 1-4 and losing 50-7 to "no damned tcu" the week before made it difficult to enjoy other than it was bitch ass baker losing.

1 minute ago, sidis said:

i suppose that could go in the lulz category with 10 corn/11 agro but it wasn't as satisfying as the other three where we beat their asses or played a crazy great game. being 1-4 and losing 50-7 to "no damned tcu" the week before made it difficult to enjoy other than it was bitch ass baker losing.

Yeah I'm okay with erasing 2014-2016 off the books entirely. 

Think we also upset Baylor once or twice under Chuck which I enjoyed. 

In my experience, because they’re old, watch almost exclusively linear tv, and like to be able to tune to channels with numbers they know rather than scroll a guide. 
TSRH, my parents are resistant to streaming so I got them hooked up with Hulu+ that simulates the old cable experience with live channels and such. Even so it took them a long time to realize part of it is live cable, part on demand tv and movies, but the entire thing is streamed through their cable company wifi.

Just now, ousux said:
On 9/12/2024 at 7:37 AM, GreenspointTexas said:
Yeah def gonna be hotter this weekend than 2 weeks ago. 95 at kickoff vs 91 in early sept

And no conditioning advantage playing a team from SA. Not that we're likely to need an edge, but the heat won't be a shock to any of the players.

I would seriously hope that the 2nd ranked Texas fucking Longhorns have a conditioning advantage over UTSA - who is likely one of the worst teams in the country. If not then someone needs to be fired.

We probably don't have a heat tolerance advantage. 

I would seriously hope that the 2nd ranked Texas fucking Longhorns have a conditioning advantage over UTSA - who is likely one of the worst teams in the country. If not then someone needs to be fired.
I meant the heat, not actual S&C, but yeah.

Just now, ousux said:
3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I meant the heat, not actual S&C, but yeah.

I know. Just being pedantic.

52 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

There is no question, the football itself is much less of a chore lately. My sentiments were certainly towards travel and I did not get my rumblings out the way that was intended. I used to carry the same insane reverence towards "never leave before The Eyes." Getting over that silly shit was freeing. I was testing the waters with sharing my fatigue towards some game day ritual, not in any way dampening excitement for the overall cause. Have a great afternoon, all. I'm going to play golf and drink on this great day. 

Could be worse:

image.png.55f3fad20ab3b92f0f587e508b5cf534.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/12/2024 at 3:33 AM, TexasMan said:

Anyone remember back to the game in 2022 Sark and Traylor having a long, not friendly conversation after the game at midfield? It wasn't a Harbaugh/Schwarz situation, but it didn't look pleasant. Did that ever get asked about by the media? 

I do recall Traylor was upset about the stadium noise. Not actual crowd noise, but all the other stadium generated noise. Not saying that's what they discussed though. I'm curious myself.

On 9/12/2024 at 6:48 AM, Brandywine said:

For those in the know: With the directv ESPN situation, what are my options to see the game? I have the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle but not sure if that will allow me to watch it. Thanks in advance!

FYI, thanks for the information and feedback. It was very helpful.  I would not have known about any of these options had it not been for you guys.

Directv gave me $30 credit for the missing channels for one month, and I ordered Sling for $30 the first month. (Orange with ESPN channels) $10 off their regular rate. Hopefully Directv and Disney will get their sh*t together but this could take some time.

Thanks again!!!!! Hook 'Em!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

I'm poor.  Can I have your tickets?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan76 said:

I just met my bio dad about 4 years ago (long story.) About a die hard fan as you can come across. We both went to UT, well before we knew each other. He lives in Florida now, and we've hung out a bunch since then. I sit right now, by his bedside, as he succumbs to liver cancer. I'm making it a point for us to watch the game tomorrow, as it'll be our first, and last, game to ever watch together. 

This makes me want to reach out to my baby momma and say I’m ready. I’m not going to, but thanks for this.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, South Austin said:

Kai Money was Herman era.  

Just an aside here, but that example speaks to the absolute transformation of our roster under Sark.  

Under Herman, how many 1-score struggles were we in with the Baylors, Iowa States, and KUs of the conference, and we'd have a critical 4th-quarter possession, and we're running out there with a scrappy walk-on at one WR, and on the other side, we've got Epps?

In 2024, if we have a 2nd-half possession and (for whatever reason) we wanted to rest our starters, we'd be rolling out there with some combo of Wingo, Golden, or Bolden.  

The talent level and depth of some of these position groups is just crazy... RB the last couple years, WR this year.... you're talking about a room full of guys where the 4th-man-up has NFL potential. 

It's Alabamesque.

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Hook 'Em 6

11 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

80% of us will be going through the motions the next two weeks. You are not going to convince me otherwise. 

I can't do much about the time frame, amigo. I walked the stage in 2009 and this is simply what I've been dealt. I understand the sentiment though and understand the joke. If I wanted to watch ULM and UTSA I could just go to a Lamar game 10 mins from my driveway. Its a chore, as many many others have been. 

They still do every one of those things on a TV broadcast while I sit on my ass waiting for conf play. 

Cool. I attended Wyoming and Washington. Been there plenty. I just don't give a fuck about these streaks or blue ribbons of fandom anymore. Its a chore and there's plenty to be excited about come 9/28. Ultimately, there is no consequence either way, internet stranger. 

10 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

10 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

Weird how message boards work, right? I'll email the SOP sheet to you for a refresh. 

9 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

9 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

Outside of the few endearing times you already listed, I will add that the amount of green open seats at choosing time every March was amazing, and I am pretty much set forever on seats because of it. Also, we got our tailgate spot that we had envied for years, but is now ours for 8 years or so. 

Man I was looking forward to your 10th post about how you can't bring yourself to care but it never came.

• Haha 8