NFL Week 1

shadow_operative2.0

Apparently Russell Wilson refused to be listed as the backup today, even though he was medically cleared. Fans crucified Kenny Pickett for not getting listed as the backup last year, even though he was not medically cleared.

I haven’t watched much of the game. Just about the last eight minutes of play. Falcons uniforms are ass, too.

Kirk Cousins is now 36. Signed a 4yr deal with Atlanta. They already took a big swing and a miss with DeRidder not long ago. Cousins has been getting massive deals starting when Washington kept franchising him. Seems like a really good guy but not sure how much left he has now. Always hard to judge these week 1 games, good or bad, with these teams and players. Can get some weird results. I think Atlanta can get better.

1 minute ago, HRSchenker said:

I know Miami is really good but Trevor Lawrence looks fucking lost

How much longer is he going to get hype? Not really seeing the improvement of him year to year. Massive collapse last year. He was supposed to be one of the next greats but not even close there yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How much longer is he going to get hype? Not really seeing the improvement of him year to year. Massive collapse last year. He was supposed to be one of the next greats but not even close there yet.

Urban may have broken him for good.  Let’s see what the Bears can do with Caleb.  I have faith he will be a dumpster fire under this amazing staff/mgt/ownership.  

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Urban may have broken him for good.  Let’s see what the Bears can do with Caleb.  I have faith he will be a dumpster fire under this amazing staff/mgt/ownership.  

Could be but he did seem to take a good step forward a few seasons ago when they beat LAC (although that was more to do LAC collapsing) and then played a close game against KC in the next round. I'm not sure how much of this is leftover Urban stuff.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Kirk Cousins is now 36. Signed a 4yr deal with Atlanta. They already took a big swing and a miss with DeRidder not long ago. Cousins has been getting massive deals starting when Washington kept franchising him. Seems like a really good guy but not sure how much left he has now. Always hard to judge these week 1 games, good or bad, with these teams and players. Can get some weird results. I think Atlanta can get better.

Cousins is a baseline QB. You always want to be above the baseline.

Just now, RPM said:

Cousins is a baseline QB. You always want to be above the baseline.

True but always easier said than done. They tried going young and getting DeRidder but failed massively. They saw Cousins as a 'safe' QB. And thought if they give him Bijan and other weapons, he can bring them stability. Not sure who else was out there they could have gotten in free agency or the draft. 

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He played fine today. ETN fucked it up fumbling into the endzone, and Lawrence can't force Kirk to catch the ball, he loves to drop it. 

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

True but always easier said than done. They tried going young and getting DeRidder but failed massively. They saw Cousins as a 'safe' QB. And thought if they give him Bijan and other weapons, he can bring them stability. Not sure who else was out there they could have gotten in free agency or the draft. 

Well they did draft Penix with the 8th pick. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Don't want to completely overreact to today, but damn that was bad.  The Steelers were sitting in Cousins' lap all day and instead of just taking sacks he was throwing ducks to their secondary.  Dude can't move in the pocket and needs to either get the ball out quicker or have more time to throw.  The Falcons O-line, which is supposed to be legit, didn't give him the latter.  

That Penix pick ain't looking so bad right now.  It'd be absolutely wild for Kirk to play so shit after getting a $180 mill contract that they bench him for a rookie, though.

Bijan, I'm sorry bro.  You'd have won OROY and be on your way to greatness this year, but you play for the Falcons.  Stay safe, bud.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Could be but he did seem to take a good step forward a few seasons ago when they beat LAC (although that was more to do LAC collapsing) and then played a close game against KC in the next round. I'm not sure how much of this is leftover Urban stuff.

It’s the curse of Urban and the Bears.  Just let me be.  I really hope the Bears turn it around and I like Trevor too.  The Cowboys are my childhood team.  At least my dork fantasy team does well most years.  Otherwise NFL a beating…

Minnesota has better weapons that Atlanta and he couldn’t do shit with us. Why would Atlanta think he’d solve their problems with that deal?