freshman edge Colin Simmons off to a great start

Derka

Two plays in a row here where Simmons times the snap perfectly and gets into the backfield almost immediately.

First play, blasts into the backfield, sheds a poor block, backtracks very quickly and makes the tackle.

Next play, gets basically a free rush due to his speed release at the snap to get a third-down sack.

Simmons is well on his way to being ridiculously good.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

36 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

You might be right. Trey Moore has 0 sacks through 5 games. 

He got a holding call against MSU that likely would have been a sack absent the hold. He seems to be really focused on his run defense game right now and not attacking. He is holding up ok, but not following up and getting off a block. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Two plays in a row here where Simmons times the snap perfectly and gets into the backfield almost immediately.

First play, blasts into the backfield, sheds a poor block, backtracks very quickly and makes the tackle.

Next play, gets basically a free rush due to his speed release at the snap to get a third-down sack.

Simmons is well on his way to being ridiculously good.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

He got a holding call against MSU that likely would have been a sack absent the hold. He seems to be really focused on his run defense game right now and not attacking. He is holding up ok, but not following up and getting off a block. 

Haven't noticed him not setting the edge or getting off blocks. But going from 18.5 sacks to zero so far is wild especially with 4 games against CSU, ULM, UTSA, and MSU. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Derka said:

IMG_4364.thumb.jpeg.f9254d2e01591da01b2edbbac606a370.jpeg

look at that monster.

The Office Thank You GIF

I shared an anecdote about how fucking ridiculous he looks for an 18 year old and a bunch of people made fun of me and called me a homo (in as many words).

Honestly I think someone said something antisemetic. 

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

The Office Thank You GIF

I shared an anecdote about how fucking ridiculous he looks for an 18 year old and a bunch of people made fun of me and called me a homo (in as many words).

I remember people in late spring through summer being worried about his size, it was quite comical. Especially when you see pictures of him and Micah Parson's next to each other.

22 hours ago, ztejas said:

The Office Thank You GIF

Are you new here or something? Any guy here writes that another dude  looks "stunning" and you're going to get poked for it. 

It's not malicious; it's just Surly.

On 9/9/2024 at 2:16 AM, ztejas said:

My brother and dad ran into him at Target over the summer and said his physique in person for an 18 year old is just stunning.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Are you new here or something? Any guy here writes that another dude  looks "stunning" and you're going to get poked for it. 

It's not malicious; it's just Surly.

Oh I'm not sore about it. I'm just keeping the gag going. 

Besides - it's my dad and brother that are the homos.

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

They keep comparing him to Julius Peppers if he keeps it up. That's...fucking incredible. 

and who are they?  he’s not even close to the size of peppers.  

micah parsons yeah. 

Edited by futureman

13 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

A bigger, meaner (if possible) version of Ant Hill.  

Ha, I’ve been noticing this year that Hill is a fucking bully out there (in the best way). Not dirty, and not crossing any lines, but he makes it known that it’s his field even after the whistle. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

They keep comparing him to Julius Peppers if he keeps it up. That's...fucking incredible. 

Peppers was an insane 2-sport athlete, but I still remember him largely neutralized at DKR in 2001.  Our tackles did a great job.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Peppers was an insane 2-sport athlete, but I still remember him largely neutralized at DKR in 2001.  Our tackles did a great job.

Nice! I don't personally remember that, but that's bad ass. They also keep comparing him to Micah Parsons. I'm not sure they know who he is compared to, but both seem intent on both for whatever reason. I'll take either. He's a beast

3 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Holy shit.. Manute Bol played basket ball? That's a name for a professional bowler. 

Manute Bol the actor?

IMG_5659.jpeg

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Caver60 said:

This was the Cole Pittman game, IIRC

most memorable football game of my life. i got to meet julius peppers after that game. robbie doane held him to 0 tackles that day and we kicked their ass. vasher had multiple long punt returns (one for a td?), cory redding flipped over ronald curry into the end zone, and montrell flowers found out that he only had one kidney. that was also the first day i ever cried over something just tugging at my emotions. when cole pittman’s dad, a mountain of a man, addressed the crowd before the game there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. just 90,000 people, waiting to watch a football game, all crying together. wild experience.

anyway, i was like 16 at the time, and after the game my dad, friend, and i had to wait for the fourth member of our party to work the post game presser, so we all waited outside of unc’s locker room. they backed up a u-haul truck with like 300 mr.gattis pizzas for the players. o linemen were taking 3-4 pizzas for themselves lol. then julius peppers came out, clearly in a bad mood, which was my cue to walk up introduce my dumbass self to him. i shook his hand (see: his hand enveloped mine like kawhi leonard holding hands with a baby), and told him he was my favorite non-longhorn football player. he was actually gracious and appreciative, which i always remembered. he’s on the short list of freakiest athletes i’ve ever seen in person, and the fact that he was nice to some dumbass kid after the worst game of his life always stuck with me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1